Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Celestino Caballero possible in September

dunne probably needs a little more work before he takes on caballero.

I think Gamboa is going to be to fast for Caballero. If Gamboa gets knocked down I'm sure he'll recover and eat Caballero alive...

You know, Liu... Gamby is fighting Guty in July. It's still possible this fight could still be on the table for September if he gets by Guty.

I think Dunne's got Heart and Balls!

He definitely got a future in the sport...

oh yeah I think the fight its happening... if not Chris John or Steven Luevano

You know, Liu... Gamby is fighting Guty in July. It's still possible this fight could still be on the table for September if he gets by Guty.

be nice if luevano would stop ducking conception. i know conception has been after the fight since spring of 08.

be nice if luevano would stop ducking conception. i know conception has been after the fight since spring of 08.

Luevano and Concepcion were slated to fight on the undercard for Pacquiao/Hatton, but Luevano pulled out due to injury, instead we were treated to Humberto Soto beating up on some french canadien named Benoit Gaudet.

He's going to have a rough task in Guty I believe. But we'll see. I just don't understand people's fascination with flawed Fighters. Zab had to get beaten up 3 or 4 times before people would stop picking him to beat guys who were OBVIOUSLY better. People pick Cintron to win Fights after he's struggled his way to what, 2 victories in the past 5 Fights? And those were life or death struggles against Feliciano and Estrada. And now it's Gamboa, dude's been dropped like 4 times as a Pro now, shows he's incapable of correcting it, coasts to a victory against the one guy who doesn't cooperate with him, and suddenly he's going to beat a proven War-horse like Pelenchin?

It's madness. Caballero mops Yuri, and quite easily.

If Cab wins where does he sit on the p4p list>?Not to start a stupid debate,just saying he is already in top 10.

He doesn't gain any momentum on that by beating Yuri. Or at least, he shouldn't.

Luevano and Concepcion were slated to fight on the undercard for Pacquiao/Hatton, but Luevano pulled out due to injury, instead we were treated to Humberto Soto beating up on some french canadien named Benoit Gaudet.

yea...its the second time lueveno has pulled out of a conception fight. conception can really crack but he's not much of a boxer, as of yet.

lueveno is a good boxer for about 8 out of 12 rounds and can be put on his ass. i really don't think lueveno wants any of conception.

He's going to have a rough task in Guty I believe. But we'll see. I just don't understand people's fascination with flawed Fighters. Zab had to get beaten up 3 or 4 times before people would stop picking him to beat guys who were OBVIOUSLY better. People pick Cintron to win Fights after he's struggled his way to what, 2 victories in the past 5 Fights? And those were life or death struggles against Feliciano and Estrada. And now it's Gamboa, dude's been dropped like 4 times as a Pro now, shows he's incapable of correcting it, coasts to a victory against the one guy who doesn't cooperate with him, and suddenly he's going to beat a proven War-horse like Pelenchin?

It's madness. Caballero mops Yuri, and quite easily.

Agreed. Guty ain't no chump and that is why I said if he gets by Guty. Caballero's significant range with power to boot is going to able to fend of Gamboa's darting offense. But Caballero does get careless and sometimes throws wide shots when he gets going and reaches, gets overexcited at times. So Gamboa might have a puncher's chance when that happens. But if Cabby decides to be an automation, Gamby gets taken apart.

He does that when he knows people can't hurt him. He's also not slow, so this whole thing about speed, so what? He consistently beat Molitor to the punch without breaking a sweat and speed is all that dude has. I'm not saying Yuri won't put up a brave Fight. But he gets hit by right hands like a fat girl gets hit with dodge balls. And Pelenchin's got one of the hardest and best-delivered right hands in the division, and ties it in with 3 or 4 more.

you've got to get inside on caballero. bottom line.

problem is you have to take a beating to do so. he's one of the few guys i've ever seen land body shots from the outside on a consistent basis. such an awkward motherjumper that guy. he even jabs awkwardly.

and being awkward offsets an opponents timing and i'll take timing over speed every day of the week.

Yeah, and inside also just happens to be where Yuri gets roughed up the most. So he's standing on the outside, needing a ladder to hit Pelenchin in the face, he throws a blinding combo, lands one of them, gets inside...

Now what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celticfrost
Back