Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Celestino Caballero possible in September

He does that when he knows people can't hurt him. He's also not slow, so this whole thing about speed, so what? He consistently beat Molitor to the punch without breaking a sweat and speed is all that dude has. I'm not saying Yuri won't put up a brave Fight. But he gets hit by right hands like a fat girl gets hit with dodge balls. And Pelenchin's got one of the hardest and best-delivered right hands in the division, and ties it in with 3 or 4 more.

Meh. He done it against dangerous opponents like corodoba and Rojas. While I admit he has improved as boxer since then; tuning up his technical skills, he still offers that window of opportunity... even an opponent like de leon is outgunned, he can crack. Throw wild, high arc punches and you could get counter by the shorter man. And Gamboa, while quite flawed as a fighter, has that speed and accuracy to take advantage when Caballero exchanges that way.

But yeah... Gamboa most likely gets cracked by a right hand against the biggest motha fucker around 122-130 range. Cabby might actually be stronger moving up.

I'm just wondering why people are so high on Caballero.
When he fought Molitor, Molitor was considered one of the most over rated champs ever. Then Caballero wins and he seems to have gone way up in peoples books.

That fight he looked really slow and a bit sloppy I thought. Hits hard, but I thought he looked a lot better cause Molitor was scared to engage and spend too much time running and none throwing punches. It could be said that Caballero made Molitor fight that way, but it seemes Molitor was like that from the opening bell.

I've only seen one of Caballero's fights, so I don't know anything and I'm not knocking the guy. I remember a lot of people were sweet on him before Molitor. Just wondering why people think hes so good. (Not saying Gamboa is better although I hope Gamboa takes it).

It's odd to see you criticize the one Fight of Celestino's you've seen, then ask why people like him. Get a hold of more of his Fights and you'll see. When he began Pelenchin was little more than tall for the weight, and he wasn't very good. But he put in the work and learned HOW to Fight. His resume is much better than nearly anyone's at that weight.

- Boxed Ponce De Leon's face off and made him look like the neophyte he is.
- Smoked Mauricio Pastrana, not an easy task.
- Did the same to Lorenzo Parra.
- Wasted Somsak.
- Was going to waste Castillo before the corner got in the ring.

He showed early vulnerability, and looked poor in the Fight with Lacierva, but outside of that Pelenchin has come to be one of the better and more avoided guys around. Vasquez and Marquez would rather beat their brains to mush 6 or 7 times than face him as it stands.

Sorry, I think my tone sounded harsher than intended.
I dunno, I think from that one fight he looked really akward and a bit sloppy which is a turn off for me. I have heard that he cracks really hard tho.

I should check out his De Leon fight tho if you say he boxes much better there. Just from that fight (which he might have not being going super hard) he just seemed like he would be prime for a boxer-puncher who is willing to fight cautious.

I say someone mention he also is fast, but he looks really slow in the Molitor fight, and I think he has been critisized for that as well previous to Molitor. Thats another thing that turns me off of him.

It's odd to see you criticize the one Fight of Celestino's you've seen, then ask why people like him. Get a hold of more of his Fights and you'll see. When he began Pelenchin was little more than tall for the weight, and he wasn't very good. But he put in the work and learned HOW to Fight. His resume is much better than nearly anyone's at that weight.

- Boxed Ponce De Leon's face off and made him look like the neophyte he is.
- Smoked Mauricio Pastrana, not an easy task.
- Did the same to Lorenzo Parra.
- Wasted Somsak.
- Was going to waste Castillo before the corner got in the ring.

He showed early vulnerability, and looked poor in the Fight with Lacierva, but outside of that Pelenchin has come to be one of the better and more avoided guys around. Vasquez and Marquez would rather beat their brains to mush 6 or 7 times than face him as it stands.

Yep, great post.

I still think beating Molitor the way he did was incredibly impressive as well. I dont think Molitor is that bad of a fighter as some people on here claim. And Caballero just wasted him in Molitors backyard.

I'm just wondering why people are so high on Caballero.
When he fought Molitor, Molitor was considered one of the most over rated champs ever. Then Caballero wins and he seems to have gone way up in peoples books.

That fight he looked really slow and a bit sloppy I thought. Hits hard, but I thought he looked a lot better cause Molitor was scared to engage and spend too much time running and none throwing punches. It could be said that Caballero made Molitor fight that way, but it seemes Molitor was like that from the opening bell.

I've only seen one of Caballero's fights, so I don't know anything and I'm not knocking the guy. I remember a lot of people were sweet on him before Molitor. Just wondering why people think hes so good. (Not saying Gamboa is better although I hope Gamboa takes it).
well said mah meng....

El Ciclon De Guantanamo Yuriorkis Gamboa is gonna win by KO... any bets???

Oye por favor calmate! La pelea no se hace todavia.

Whats going on here?

Looking forward to Caballero moving up to 130. I think Jason Litzau is in trouble!

Back