Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Celestino Caballero possible in September

I'm not big on Gamboa.

I think Caballero has a good shot too.

I think Caballero as well, I hope he KO's him.

If it happens anytime this year, I think Celestino Caballero will knock out Gamboa.

Caballero will exploit several flaws in Gamboa's game.

Who's Gamboa's coach anyway?
Gamboa has talent and real potential, but I think he needs a better coach to further develop him for that next step up in class. Too many flaws right now; he's not ready for Caballero yet.

It'll be a good fight though, eh, whenever it happens.

Gamboa is Fucking Exciting to watch, dude is just a freak of nature he needs to be pushed and marketed more in Florida...why does Shaw push kimbo like crazy but he cant even invest in Gamboa and pitch him and market him among the cuban community in florida?

Gamboa puts on a show everytime he fights and he doesn't care if he gets knocked out kinda like Andre Berto 2 of my favorite younger guys now.

Gamboa and Berto could both follow the floyd jr route and pot shot all fight but they got that gameness in them and are not scared to mix it up.

Caballero will have too many advantages especially the height and reach and patience, gamboa will as usual be over anxious but this is a great fight to watch this is a huge step up for gamboa.

I agree with most of you guys in here about Gamboa possibly being Knocked out, but Im gonna be rooting for yuri see if he can pull through.

He's been down an awful lot early in his career, that spells trouble to me...Caballero by KO in a fight he is behind in mid-rounds.

Caballero would wreck him I think.

Fuck that.

I want CC/DPDL II.

For what? Pelenchin rendered Ponce completely useless.

He does the same to Gamboa, only worse.

Wow, I hope this fight does happen

Celestino by early KO

Yet id rather see Caballero vs JM Lopez, but damm this is good

I'll go against the grain here. Gamboa's speed will be the deciding factor in this fight.

I'd honestly be rooting for Gamboa, and i think his speed could cause Caballero some problems and maybe even win him the match. Problem with Gamboa is that he keeps his hands too low most of the time and Caballero would probably KO him in an instant if/when he caught him. If this match is gonna go down, Gamboa really needs to improve his defensive capabilities or else if could be the wrong kinda short night for him.

Caballero doesn't get overwhelmed by speed or power. Yuri does have both, but Caballero will stand there and fire back, and Yuri's the guy who has been dropped by scrubs who did that.

It takes more than just physical tools to beat Celestino.

Yet id rather see Caballero vs JM Lopez, but damm this is good

Eh, no. Juanma doesn't deserve that, a Fight with a unified Champ? Get out. The two guys who need to man-up and find their "pantalones" as Pelenchin said are Vasquez and Marquez, and Vasquez moreso than Marquez.

I'll go against the grain here. Gamboa's speed will be the deciding factor in this fight.

Not really. He will probably get dropped in the first few rounds like he normally does, only this time when he gets up the fight will be finished.

I do agree that Vasquez and Marquez want no part of Caballero, so then who is deserving in the division? Kratingdaenggym?

Glad your not a matchmaker, this is the fight that makes most sense as long as Marquez and Vasquez have the division on lockdown.

I can picture Darchynian moving to Super Bantam too.

That Fight doesn't make any sense. Hell Penelosa without Fighting JuanMa on the strength of KO'ing Gonzalez alone has better claim.

I'm not trying to degrade JuanMa here, I like him. But aside from a wipe of Ponce he's not beaten anyone of consequence. If he gets past Penelosa, MAYBE. But if I were the match-maker you would be glad, because I'd break up that Marquez/Vasquez party in a heartbeat before they kill each other and leave the division in limbo.

Sinister, who are you picking between Lopez and Penalosa?

I don't like to pick between two guys I like. I think of JuanMa doesn't get to Gerry early, then he can be out-boxed down the stretch.

Back