RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs Munguia Discussion 5/4 8PM ET Cinco de Mayo (DAZN / Prime Video PPV)

A friend of mine is saying that Munguia is so much better than Benavidez, cause he has more fights...and because he stopped Ryder, who he says, would beat Benavidez...wants Munguia vs Benavidez next, of course he says Munguia wins...he doesnt know SHIT, right? or is it me not seeing things i should? lol.
Benavidez > Munguia

Not with PBC, they can't afford it. The Saudis could get it done, maybe.

What the hell do you mean they can't afford the biggest fight in the sport? Do you know how revenue works?

A friend of mine is saying that Munguia is so much better than Benavidez, cause he has more fights...and because he stopped Ryder, who he says, would beat Benavidez...wants Munguia vs Benavidez next, of course he says Munguia wins...he doesnt know SHIT, right? or is it me not seeing things i should? lol.

David is much better than Mungia in every aspect of boxing. He went life and death with a 37 year old devchenko and needed a robbery to get past Hogan. Canelo knows this which is why he gave us the classic duck talk in the post fight interview when he was asked about Benavidez. Canelo fan boys still don't understand that Canelo doesn't even believe them. Good competitive fight, Mungia pushed Canelo hard in almost every round and you could see how the volume and combinations were giving canelo problems, and thats from Mungia. Canelo will fight Berlanga in Sept.

David is much better than Mungia in every aspect of boxing. He went life and death with a 37 year old devchenko and needed a robbery to get past Hogan. Canelo knows this which is why he gave us the classic duck talk in the post fight interview when he was asked about Benavidez. Canelo fan boys still don't understand that Canelo doesn't even believe them. Good competitive fight, Mungia pushed Canelo hard in almost every round and you could see how the volume and combinations were giving canelo problems, and thats from Mungia. Canelo will fight Berlanga in Sept.
Im a Canelo fan, but he is indeed a fanboy, i have no idea how he came up with that logic, according to him...Ryder was supposed to be a challenge for Canelo...

I dont see he him surviving Benavidez. He's a bigger stronger faster handed Munguia and just as durable.
Munguia was really getting to him at times.
I think David cracks the code of Canelo's chin at this point.
Benevidez isn’t a knockout artist - he’s a volume grinder - so don’t understand how he will do something that bigger punchers haven’t got even close to doing.

Canelo also has great defence and is a vicious counterpuncher with a higher ring IQ than Benevidez, so also don’t understand how anyone can think this is anything other than a highly competitive fight.

Good fight.
I always said Munguia is a pretty good fighter and that he was gonna bring it. He hit Canelo with shots that put people down.
Canelo also didn't finish him due to him being a Mexican.

Benevidez isn’t a knockout artist - he’s a volume grinder - so don’t understand how he will do something that bigger punchers haven’t got even close to doing.

Canelo also has great defence and is a vicious counterpuncher with a higher ring IQ than Benevidez, so also don’t understand how anyone can think this is anything other than a highly competitive fight.
It’s also going to be hard as hell for Benevidez to get back down to 168 after he moves up to 175. He doesn’t strike me as the most disciplined fighter out there, and I just can’t see him making weight in the best way possible. He’ll probably completely drain himself and show up dead at the weight.

Its not just his power or his volume. Its the pressure he puts on people.

Because the much bigger younger guy is surging into his prime. Its not unrealistic to look at Canelo's age ,mileage, and reaction to getting hit to think that Benavidez could be the changing of the guard here. That's the sport.

It could be competitive sure. But no matter how great the fighter is, if they keep testing themselves against bigger younger future hall of fame fighters, they will fall.

Name the fighters who:
- fought multiple weight classes above their natural weight
-who were consistently active at the end of their careers
-Who fought the clear #1 killers

To where they left on top and without a brutal loss.

I bet that list is non existent or a list of a couple once in a lifetime type fighters. I wouldn't even put Floyd on that list because he took little damage. Wasn't super active & chose carefully in the tale end of his career.

Clenelo was prob more juiced out than a prime goatcia. I wanna know how Oscar’s dumb homosexual ass feels about this fight.

Because the much bigger younger guy is surging into his prime. Its not unrealistic to look at Canelo's age ,mileage, and reaction to getting hit to think that Benavidez could be the changing of the guard here. That's the sport.

It could be competitive sure. But no matter how great the fighter is, if they keep testing themselves against bigger younger future hall of fame fighters, they will fall.

Name the fighters who:

I bet that list is non existent or a list of a couple once in a lifetime type fighters. I wouldn't even put Floyd on that list because he took little damage. Wasn't super active & chose carefully in the tale end of his career.
i dunno, its just my opinion but i think Canelo's chin is one of the best of the past few decades. how he's never been dropped as a pro is pretty amazing to me, especially considering he's faced some big punchers. going 3 fights with GGG, 2 in his prime and taking all that is impressive.
i can see Benavidez outworking Canelo and taking a strong UD, but i just cant see Canelo getting stopped. if he does, i think it'd be a ref intervention/TKO because i dont think Benavidez has the one shot power to put Canelo down. but i think Canelo's chin might be one that lasts.

It’s also going to be hard as hell for Benevidez to get back down to 168 after he moves up to 175. He doesn’t strike me as the most disciplined fighter out there, and I just can’t see him making weight in the best way possible. He’ll probably completely drain himself and show up dead at the weight.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. But for the money the Saudis will come up with I bet he gives it the discipline it requires.
Or maybe he just feels so much better at 175 he rather wait for the Bivol Biev winner. Won't be a Canelo payday but with the Saudi Turki multiplier it would be an astronomical payday in its own right.

i dunno, its just my opinion but i think Canelo's chin is one of the best of the past few decades. how he's never been dropped as a pro is pretty amazing to me, especially considering he's faced some big punchers. going 3 fights with GGG, 2 in his prime and taking all that is impressive.
i can see Benavidez outworking Canelo and taking a strong UD, but i just cant see Canelo getting stopped. if he does, i think it'd be a ref intervention/TKO because i dont think Benavidez has the one shot power to put Canelo down. but i think Canelo's chin might be one that lasts.
I agree with most of thar. I posted all last week that Canelo probably has THE all time great chin. Also, that its criminally underrated and doesn't get mentioned as much as it should.

But age and boxing history shows us that eventually it goes if not carefully matchmaking.

Name the fighters who:

Sure, but Canelo has never been knocked down in his career, ate flush shots from GGG and still looks very good and very durable despite being past his prime, so I don’t buy this idea that Benedivez is the one to change all that and stop him. No way.

As for the last part, I’ll throw Froch out there.

I'm not sure what separates them. They have similar quality wins.
I think Benevidez has more potential from the eye test, but needs to prove it.

Losing the title on the scales and ballooning between fights doesn’t bode well though.

Anthem was fire
Young buck was game
Old bull taught him some valuable lessons
It was a good night

Back