can we all admit now that Belal will NEVER get a title shot?

Will the UFC give Belal the next title shot? Yes. Would the UFC have let Belal headline 300? Zero chance. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Now that 300 is set, they'll give Belal his title shot at some random ppv.

I'd be happy to be wrong, so bump the thread if it happens.

Predict increasing amounts of fighter bashing posts by corporate accounts, to normalize it so fan accounts also fighter bash him more. Also predict Sherdog does 0.00 enforcement on their fighter bashing rule, as can be clearly seen over the past few months with regards to Belal.
As you wish. Bump.

As a side note: we've all been wrong. And we've all made bad posts. So don't take the hate you'll receive here personally.

belal-muhammad-ufc-fight-night-131-post-fight.jpg
No. No we can’t .
Just here to chime in that TS is a dumbass
As you wish. Bump.

As a side note: we've all been wrong. And we've all made bad posts. So don't take the hate you'll receive here personally.
He hasn't gotten a title shot yet though. Bump it again when he is in the cage.

As I said explicitly in the thread that was deleted... there's a big difference between a hypothetical card being announced involving a title shot and then that title shot actually happening. At this stage it is nothing more than a PR posture. If you want a reference for when a fight announcement was made on a fight that they didn't have any intention to actually hold... see 279. Unless you're still holding your breath on video of the "biggest brawl in UFC history" being released sometime soon.

We'll see. I'll bump the thread when TKO releases the mysterious excuse and they say "gee wiz looks like the fight can't happen now after all."

EDIT: I apparently was specific to point out him being in-cage in this thread too:
I'd bet my house he doesn't get into the cage with a belt on the line.

I'll bump this thread when the summer rolls around I guess... if a bump is possible that is.
You bump it once he's in the cage with Leon and the belt is on the line.

Last edited:
Belal should just take his time , fighter Leon. Make Leon kneel. Then defend some , fight Colby, fight Usman, maybe take out Ian Garry.... Belal kinda just has to secure that strap first inshallah

As I said explicitly in the thread that was deleted... there's a big difference between a hypothetical card being announced involving a title shot and then that title shot actually happening. At this stage it is nothing more than a PR posture. If you want a reference for when a fight announcement was made on a fight that they didn't have any intention to actually hold... see 279. Unless you're still holding your breath on video of the "biggest brawl in UFC history" being released sometime soon.

We'll see. I'll bump the thread when TKO releases the mysterious excuse and they say "gee wiz looks like the fight can't happen now after all."

alexjones-alex.gif

EDIT: I apparently was specific to point out him being in-cage in this thread too:
So you think the UFC is going go all Boeing and have him "bumped off" the card?

Weren't you the idiot arguing with him that Belal needed to fight again?
Mark thinks Belal should never fight the champ because Belal never got a top-5 win. Now you might think that Belal has three top-5 wins, but Mark counts the top-5 as "Champ, 1, 2, 3, & 4," despite the double illogic that any normal person would obviously see contenders numbered 1-5 and think of that as the top 5, and that the champ obviously shouldn't be on the list of people a fighter needs to beat in order to fight the champ and that's why normal people figure that spot as "zero" and don't count it.

All they can do now is rig his scale so he weighs over and isn't eligible to fight for the title
I know a few users who think that's possible cuz they think they already did that to Charles

Last edited:
So you think the UFC is going go all Boeing and have him "bumped off" the card?
Yes

1. Fan pushback against Belal never getting shot
2. Book "title fight" that you don't intend to honor
3. Have PR posters lambaste those from #1
4. Cancel the fight

Win/win. You sink the guy you don't want to have a title fight and you hide behind "well we tried / the ship has sailed" as a defense.
It’s scheduled. You lose..

View attachment 1043984
I don't lose anything. You literally quoted my sentence that clearly states to bump it when Belal is in the cage with a title shot on the line. Which hasn't happened.

Yes

1. Fan pushback against Belal never getting shot
2. Book "title fight" that you don't intend to honor
3. Have PR posters lambaste those from #1
4. Cancel the fight

Win/win. You sink the guy you don't want to have a title fight and you hide behind "well we tried / the ship has sailed" as a defense.
So how do they save face pulling a title fight? And then how can they on top of that say that they tried if they're the ones who cancel it? They'd have to hope for like an injury or something so they can put the blame on something external

Eat crow. What is crow btw ? The bird ?
Yeah. Just the point is that it'd be something gross to eat.

Weren't you the idiot arguing with him that Belal needed to fight again?

Go ahead and join TS on the retard brigade:

I don't think he has to fight anybody to get a title shot. Certainly Shavkat and Jack don't deserve it over him when he beat their opponents first. Colby just had one and lost it, and Usman's lost 2 now and semi-moved to MW.

It's Belal's by any metric and ismply by default, and would be beyond stupid if they gave it to anybody else. Especially Khamzat of all people who beat Gilbert 2 years ago and isn't even allowed to fight at WW anymore. He's up next.

All I'm saying is I understand why he hasn't gotten a title shot yet while he's sitting on the sidelines not fighting and not promoting himself. Either would've helped him either get it over Colby back in December or had it signed by now for say May-July. The UFC's going to fold eventually, especially as there's that UK PPV later this year apparently so we know Leon's going to fight somebody, but Belal also could've spent the last year more productively.

When threads don't age well
Did ya really think bella never ever was going to get a title shot?!

So how do they save face pulling a title fight? And then how can they on top of that say that they tried if they're the ones who cancel it? They'd have to hope for like an injury or something so they can put the blame on something external
1. Pick one of the two guys competing
2. Offer to pay them more not to fight than you offered them to fight/win
3. Say that guy is injured

That simple. For just above the cost of a single guy's paycheck (actually less than both guys' paychecks considering the other one doesn't get paid) you accomplish your PR objective with 0 risk. Then insert any other fight to headline and UFC claims to be a hero for switching the fight. PR posters proceed to make threads that the new fight "was better all along" than the "cancelled" fight

I'll go out on a limb now and say Leon will be the "injured" one
When threads don't age well
Did ya really think bella never ever was going to get a title shot?!
He hasn't gotten a title shot lol

Guess we bump this again when Belal's ass is in the cage <lol>
Deal :)

1. Pick one of the two guys competing
2. Offer to pay them more not to fight than you offered them to fight/win
3. Say that guy is injured

That simple. For just above the cost of a single guy's paycheck (actually less than both guys' paychecks considering the other one doesn't get paid) you accomplish your PR objective with 0 risk. Then insert any other fight to headline and UFC claims to be a hero for switching the fight. PR posters proceed to make threads that the new fight "was better all along" than the "cancelled" fight

I'll go out on a limb now and say Leon will be the "injured" one
1. It wouldn't be "a little more," not when there's PPV points on the table. Also, you'd have to especially overpay when Belal has been campaigning for the title shot and when Leon can defend at home.
2. It's not zero risk because the fighters and their camp all have the ability to blow the lid on it
3. If you replace the opponent, then your claim that it's cheaper because you're not paying the other fighter goes out the window, cuz you're still paying 2 fighters on a title fight AND hush+sit-out money to a 3rd

1. It wouldn't be "a little more," not when there's PPV points on the table. Also, you'd have to especially overpay when Belal has been campaigning for the title shot and when Leon can defend at home.
2. It's not zero risk because the fighters and their camp all have the ability to blow the lid on it
3. If you replace the opponent, then your claim that it's cheaper because you're not paying the other fighter goes out the window, cuz you're still paying 2 fighters on a title fight AND hush+sit-out money to a 3rd
Don't follow you exactly on #3. If I overpay guy A to pull out and don't pay guy B (Belal)... how does that relate to me paying guy C and D to step up into the main event (ideally when guy C and D are fighting anyway... ie: the comain gets upgraded to the main). I, as the UFC, am paying PPV points for the ME regardless right?

Back