The Rock - Pro Wrestler vs Movie Star

The Rock - Wrestler vs Movie Star

• Wrestler

• Movie Star

• Both you jabroni

• Neither you jabroni

• It doesn't matter what you think!

Results are only viewable after voting.
He can be a decent actor when he wants to be. The rundown and his first fast and furious roles are his best. He actually took fast 5 seriously. Then just showed up to work in the rest without even trying

He is a shitty actor that plays "the Rock" in every single film except Be Cool where he lost half his muscle mass for role.

Had one of greatest wrestling gimmicks ever.

When a shitty actor like Vin Diesel is cslli g you're acting out that's pretty bad.

He is a shitty actor that plays "the Rock" in every single film except Be Cool where he lost half his muscle mass for role.

Had one of greatest wrestling gimmicks ever.

When a shitty actor like Vin Diesel is cslli g you're acting out that's pretty bad.

To be fair, Vin outright seems to dislike him so you gotta take what he says with regard to “giving tough love” to bring The Rock’s performance up to snuff with a bit of an asterisk. He also sort of diminished his credibility when he compared himself as an exec producer on Fast Five to Fellini.

in my opinion, The Rock is actually a very solid movie star and probably a better actor than people tend to think. It would be cool to see him branching out with who he works with. Not saying he hasn’t worked with good directors because he has, but look at Big Dave working with the likes of Villeneueve and James Gunn. That can only help.

I think The Rock is doing quite awesome for himself though. And I’ve really liked his work in a bunch of roles- The Rundown, Fast Five, Rampage, Pain and Gain, Jumanji, his cameo in The Other Guys, etc.

I feel like there was an action hero torch pushed on him that he either fumbled or refused to accept. On one hand, I can respect it - trying to forge his own path, instead of jumping on every Terminator and Predator reboot thrown at him that he was tailor made for.

On the other hand - he made a bunch of forgettable kids flicks and all of his better action flicks were soft ass PG-13 movies. And accumulated to zero iconic movies or characters - he doesn't have his own Rambo, Rocky, Terminator, Predator.

So, yeah, Dwayne's movie career, to me, is a complete whatever in comparison to his "The Rock" role. But he still did phenomenally well in movies. Money wise, at least.

Since I didn't start watching Pro Wrestling until Summerslam 2008 and my first exposire to the Rock was the Scorpion King mivie, which I liked, I'll go with actor.

IMO the Rock's prime was 1998 going into early 1999. Classic stuff and wasn't consumed with punchlines.

I always forget how long the Rock was a heel.

Makes me wonder if Roman can turn it around and become a fan favorite.

I’d love to see it.

Get a better outfit and some different finishing moves too.

I was born in' 96 and got the internet in my house in '08

All I had was a TV with 4 channels until then. No way I could follow The Great One live.

<mma1>

They only started showing Pro Wrestling on TV about half a year ago. A shame, because I don't care about it anymore and would prefer they showed something else during the Night, like the NHL, for example.

<45>

I was born in' 96 and got the internet in my house in '08

All I had was a TV with 4 channels until then. No way I could follow The Great One live.

<mma1>

They only started showing Pro Wrestling on TV about half a year ago. A shame, because I don't care about it anymore and would prefer they showed something else during the Night, like the NHL, for example.

<45>
You fucking zoomer

Since I didn't start watching Pro Wrestling until Summerslam 2008 and my first exposire to the Rock was the Scorpion King mivie, which I liked, I'll go with actor.
I think you stand alone on this one.

Great wrester and pretty good actor. Gotta give him credit for how he nailed Maui in Moana. And what he did with the FF series is impressive. A lot of his stand alone stuff though is hit and miss.

Ultimate Warrior was tremendous to watch. But he, and Hogan for that matter, were terrible wrestlers technically speaking. Warrior was stiff as hell.

But if you can talk, connect to the audience, have charisma like Warrior and Hulk, and looked great, the wrestling ability is not needed.
Hogan's terrible wrestling is probably more of Vince's fault than Hogan. Vince really had a thing for having big guys act like they are in a Godzilla movie rather than have an actual wrestling match. I recently saw a match Hogan did in Japan back in the day and he actually did some wrestling moves. He'd never be a Bret Hart, but he has more chops than what most people saw.

He's delivered some of my favorite wrestling moments so I have to go with wrestler. There's no bigger pop than when the Rock's music would suddenly fill an arena after he'd been quiet for a bit. Made a match with already shitty, ancient, broken Hulk Hogan epic just through pacing and dramatics. His feud with Stone Cold. His loyalty to the business. It's hard to say actor here though props to this driven motherfucker for making the most of his stardom. Dude's worth $300+ million. Yowza. And honestly he seems pretty legit grateful for his life and not too much of a piece of shit to boot.

He's delivered some of my favorite wrestling moments so I have to go with wrestler. There's no bigger pop than when the Rock's music would suddenly fill an arena after he'd been quiet for a bit. Made a match with already shitty, ancient, broken Hulk Hogan epic just through pacing and dramatics. His feud with Stone Cold. His loyalty to the business. It's hard to say actor here though props to this driven motherfucker for making the most of his stardom. Dude's worth $300+ million. Yowza. And honestly he seems pretty legit grateful for his life and not too much of a piece of shit to boot.

Vince always gets a percentage of everything the rock makes too

<VinceCa$h>

Back