• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Seems like Belal will be denied a title shot in favor of Shavkat Rakhmonov

Very very stupid...

This is how WCW fell to WWE...

Favoritism is the enemy of all sports.. .

If im Belal im placing preliminary calls to PFL .. and starting to talk to lawyers about my contract
Lawyers can't do shit. Guy signed a contract and nowhere in that contract does it say the UFC has to offer him a title shot. All it says is they have to offer him 3 fights a year.

Good. Duck some more belal. That'll help your case. Think it's a coincidence the guy you ducked gets a little shot? Dude thought he was smart. Yeah they're all smart guys they got it all figured out
<GrassoBless>

I'm ok with Shavkat but Belal deserves it more. He must have done something to piss off Dana.

Israeli owned UFC doesn’t want a Palestinian fighting for the belt. Obvious is obvious.

Money. That’s different than having a Palestinian champion. They can’t block out all muslims but they can block one fighter for as long as possible.

Just give Belal his fucking shot already. Shavkat can fight the winner afterwards. Shavkat is so good. I really believe he will be Champ at some point. Id on't really care that much about Belal, but the guy really does deserve a shot. I would like to think there are some merit based aspects left in this "sport".

Belal deserves the next title shot. Shavkat can fight Usman or Burns. If he wins, then next title shot.

Very very stupid...

This is how WCW fell to WWE...

Favoritism is the enemy of all sports.. .

If im Belal im placing preliminary calls to PFL .. and starting to talk to lawyers about my contract
NAh. That’s hot how wcw lost the Monday night war.

They put the belt on David arquette.
That was a bigger blow than anything else they did.

But I digress

Honestly, Shavkat 100% deserves a chance. The thing is Belal 110% deserves it, he deserved it 2 fights ago already... despite being terminally boring ; that we can all agree on. But Belal doesn't make the rules. If the UFC is not pleased with how the ruleset is used by fighters to win fights, it's up to them to try and change things. If Belal doesn't get a TS next, the UFC is just telling everyone that fights results don't matter, just like homeless people and cats.

Nah. Shavkat is injured and Leon wants to fight Q1 2024. Shavkat won't be ready by then.

Besides, you don't get a title shot for struggling to beat a 41 year old who is 1-2 in his last 3 fights.
Yeah uh, Shavkat really struggled, which is why he finished a guy who never once has been submitted as a professional before

Belal was getting dogged by Leon, fuck the eye poke. Absolutely en route to getting decisioned.

I think Belal DESERVES the fight...but I can't see them giving it to him over the dude with a perfect record and 100% finish rate

Belal and Leon should just meet up at a gym and fight and just report the results so they can get it over with and schedule a fight people will watch.

You can make that case, but the UFC cannot.

They booked Covington off a Masvidal decision over Belal TKOing an undefeated prospect in perhaps the card of the year. Thats why Belal had to take the Burns fight.

It wouldn’t be justifiable for the UFC to now try to suggest that recent finishes are a more weighted favor that trumps everything else.

None of the match ups have to be justifiable.

None of the match ups have to be justifiable.

lol I mean sure but then don't be surprised when there are tons of negative feedback.

If we are really at the point of "matchups don't need to make sense bc it's private business", then I think we've lost the plot.

In that case, just book Conor for the WW belt so we can make some money.

lol I mean sure but then don't be surprised when there are tons of negative feedback.

If we are really at the point of "matchups don't need to make sense bc it's private business", then I think we've lost the plot.

In that case, just book Conor for the WW belt so we can make some money.

they've been making match ups for years that benefit ratings and PPV sales over fairness and fighters who earned a shot. I know you know this is not a tournament, and that's on purpose.

they've been making match ups for years that benefit ratings and PPV sales over fairness and fighters who earned a shot. I know you know this is not a tournament, and that's on purpose.

And I'm sure you know that, as a consumer, I have the right to openly complain about how ridiculous that is right?

I don't think "we've always screwed people over so that justifies everyone else we screw over" is a great take, but I guess I can start my own MMA league if I don't like it, right?

edit- rereading this sounds snarky as fuck and just fyi any shade I threw is meant towards Dana White's "go make your own league" perspective not you

Last edited:
Back