How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

• Total voters
The one-punch KO power and slick offensive submission game would serve him extremely well.

The top of the division with guys like Stipe, Jones, Ngannou, Pavlovich, and Aspinall might prove to be too dangerous or well-rounded to confidently pick Fedor.

More importantly, how would Prime Caveman do against Prime Housecat?

the-geico-caveman-attends-vh1-divas-salute-the-troops-at-marine-corps-air-station-miramar-on.jpg

Vs.

upload_2023-9-18_13-3-52.jpeg

He obliterates this current division of everyone not named Jones

It's funny how Fedor always gets to be in his prime meanwhile everybody else has to be as they actually are.

Like wow, jeez the absolute best version of Fedor ever against 35 year old Jones, still improving Gane/Aspinall/Pav, or 42 year old Stipe? No wonder people think that Fedor might do okay.

So weird how we don't compare prime for prime.

It's funny how Fedor always gets to be in his prime meanwhile everybody else has to be as they actually are.

Like wow, jeez the absolute best version of Fedor ever against 35 year old Jones, still improving Gane/Aspinall/Pav, or 42 year old Stipe? No wonder people think that Fedor might do okay.

That's for a different thread prime vs. prime. But if we did prime Jon Jones he would than be a LHW, how would he faired with against Fedor? Do you think HW Jones is inferior to the LHW Jones?

As for Stipe prime vs. prime can be done in a different thread/poll. This thread is separate to it.

Fedor's record fighting in a Cage is meh, he was the king of the Ring. I dont really think his style faired nearly as well in the Cage & that detail is totally overlooked when comparing his record to others.
I think he would for sure be top 15, maybe top 10, but wouldn't expect to be able to beat the top guys today in a cage.

He fought towards the end of his career in the cage.. he was nowhere near the 25 yr old who entered pride which had the best HW at the time.

Who says that? I pick prime fedor over any other prime HW. I think Fedor hardest fight would be Prime DC at HW.

He'd be crushed like an insect even by guys like Tuivasa. He always looked lost when he fought in a cage. His style only worked in a ring.

Top 3 if not champ. With the shaky status of the HW division now that the old guard is gone, Ngannou moved on from the UFC ... and guys like Derek Lewis and Tuivasa in the top 10, Fedor would fucking throttle people until/if he ran into some tougher stylistic matchups like Gane/Jones which would be difficult but not unwinnable.

Top 10 for sure but he was never a great cage fighter.

He could beat anybody in the ring

Destroys everyone up to spivac. Ko's blaydes and aspinall. Wins a UD against Volkov. Subs or gets the decision against gane.

Probably loses to Stipe via getting out struck at range and Pavlovich by getting clipped and put away. Jones subs him or wins via elbow cuts from top

Na Pav would get outgrappled and Stipe would get wobbled by a left hook then put out with the follow up shot.

Stipe is very hittable and is there for left hook/left cross nearly every fight. Hunt was working his left hook pretty good early in the fight, Reem walked him into a basic shifting left cross, jds worked his body jab on Stipe easily and dropped him with a left hook, Ngannou KOd him with a left hook, it's his biggest opening.

Probably lack of ground game. Holding shirtless, sweaty dudes down is hard

Who says that? I pick prime fedor over any other prime HW. I think Fedor hardest fight would be Prime DC at HW.
you think he'd beat the Ngannou that fought in his second Stipe fight, the one whose unbeatable in the first two rounds?

you think he'd beat the Ngannou that fought in his second Stipe fight, the one whose unbeatable in the first two rounds?

Yes I would bet a prime fedor ,would inside trip or hip throw Francis to the ground and gnp him. Fedor could even ko Francis too. Fedor had way more ways to win than Francis . That's not even a question.

Last edited:
Back