How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

How would Prime Fedor do against the current UFC HW division?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired by this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ul-if-he-were-fighting-in-todays-ufc.4307714/

I think he would be at least in the top 3. Jon Jones would be a very tough fight.

uyo0AhtKUK7OFFtzzA81nx1NZK2St4WYvBqSEwjqX54.jpg

UFC HW rankings.png

Destroys everyone up to spivac. Ko's blaydes and aspinall. Wins a UD against Volkov. Subs or gets the decision against gane.

Probably loses to Stipe via getting out struck at range and Pavlovich by getting clipped and put away. Jones subs him or wins via elbow cuts from top

Fedor's record fighting in a Cage is meh, he was the king of the Ring. I dont really think his style faired nearly as well in the Cage & that detail is totally overlooked when comparing his record to others.
I think he would for sure be top 15, maybe top 10, but wouldn't expect to be able to beat the top guys today in a cage.

Fedor's record fighting in a Cage is meh, he was the king of the Ring. I dont really think his style faired nearly as well in the Cage & that detail is totally overlooked when comparing his record to others.
I think he would for sure be top 15, maybe top 10, but wouldn't expect to be able to beat the top guys today in a cage.

Oh you're gonna get it, pal.

Big mistake!

HW is the weakest I have ever seen it. It's a bunch of bums like in 80s boxing minus Tyson.

The fact that Stipe is still ranked #3 when he hasn't fought in 2.5 years, and is 2-2 in the last 5 years, being KO'd in two of those, tells you everything you need to know. And he is getting the next title fight. Heck, Jones won the belt from a 1 dimensional kickboxer that even a nongrappler like Ngannou could take down at will. Compare that to the Price/UFC days where the best guys were in their prime, in the prime of MMA.

He'd beat everyone, including Jones. His speed, punching power, trips, armbars, etc. were all super fast and explosive, and he could do it the entire fight.

No one even knows how Jones would look at HW against anyone good. Does he have good cardio at HW? Can he take a punch? Who knows?

He took a fight against a 1 dimensional kickboxer AFTER he saw even Ngannou could take him down at will. His next fight is against a guy who is 41 and hasn't fought in 2.5 years. Stipe is also 2-2 in the last 5 years being KO'd in 2 of them. But the ufc only fans will act like this is the biggest win in HW history, when Stipe shouldn't even be ranked.

Back