Media Alex Pereira manhandles Daniel Cormier at UFC 301 media day

Pereira folds prime DC
I legit believe this to be honest. DC doesn't have the finishing ability on the ground. DC walks straight into that left hook or an uppercut.
Of all people Rumble is the only one I think beats Alex outside of Jones in that era. Rumble probably manages to lose via RNC though.

Cormier admitting there that if it was a real fight he would eye poke him, however not even convinced that would work on Alex, even his eyeballs look like they are made of concrete, he doesn't even blink, just stares daggers.

It would be like the Hill nut shot, Alex didn't even care, he was like ..move out the way Herbert, no stop. I'd imagine he would be the same with eyepokes
He's got those next level techniques

That's ridiculous. Jones and DC takes Pereria down and smashes him. Pereria still hasn't fought a westler. Not one. Izzy even took him down and he has a shit top game. When he had him down his positioning was so bad, yet he still held him down. DC would take him down in the first 10 seconds. Everyone forgets how dominate DC was. He only lost to the 2 baddest dudes of all time. People just love shitting on him
DC most likely grinds him out, but he is also very hittable. I genuinely think ALex is big enough to give DC problems at LHW. His finishing ability wasn't great on the ground. He usually hurt people on the feet surprisingly before following them down at 205. Cummins, Hendo,Volkan and Rumble were his finishes there.
Here is prime 205 DC running into left hooks for a round before overwhelming his opponent late with ground strikes. That's his most dominant performance at LHW with the belt.

Doubtful. Mma iq, wrestling iq, grappling, ability to roll with punches and take a clean shot.

DC is one of the best fighters of all time outside of Jon Jones, just doesn't get enough respect for it. There aren't many fighters all time who beat him in his prime, he'd be a favorite over any fighter in history other than Jones and prime Cain.

It would be an interesting fight though, but until we've seen him tested on the ground, there's no real indication he could overcome what is one of the toughest wrestling tests in the sport.
Nah Cain has no chance against him, DC is playing the good friend by saying Cain would beat him. Cain has no chance against Stipe and Verdum either

DC's chin was always absurdly underrated.
Not many people come back from this:
tumblr_oh5ykscKmP1qlskhvo1_400.gif

haha exactly like that. Alex really has that death stare, no emotion in his eyes.

Do you know what I would love to see? Alex and Cro Cop staredown, that would be awesome.
Pretty sure the power of their thousand yard stares meeting each other would create some sort of singularity.

Cormier admitting there that if it was a real fight he would eye poke him, however not even convinced that would work on Alex, even his eyeballs look like they are made of concrete, he doesn't even blink, just stares daggers.

It would be like the Hill nut shot, Alex didn't even care, he was like ..move out the way Herbert, no stop. I'd imagine he would be the same with eyepokes
Alex would be the first fighter in the UFC to get deducted a point for small joint manipulation after grabbing DCs fingers with his eyelids.

DC get a lot hate on here, especially as a broadcaster... As for a fighter... cmon.... he would destroy Poatan... If not for Jones, DC would have been the best LHW ever... DC is, was, and will always be one of the best of all time... PERIOD

Big Alex fan, but id put my money on a prime DC in a hertbeat.
He could catch DC early, but in a 5 rounder id bet DC.
Yep. Outside of Juicehead and Stipe, most fighters could not keep DC off of them. His pressure, wrestling and grind was very difficult to keep up with. Poatan would likely get ragdolled by him.

That's ridiculous. Jones and DC takes Pereria down and smashes him. Pereria still hasn't fought a westler. Not one. Izzy even took him down and he has a shit top game. When he had him down his positioning was so bad, yet he still held him down. DC would take him down in the first 10 seconds. Everyone forgets how dominate DC was. He only lost to the 2 baddest dudes of all time. People just love shitting on him
they do shit on him here.. I was not even a DC fan when he fought, but you can not deny his greatness. He could have been the only fighter in the top 3 of 2 different weight classes of all time....

Sherbros hate DC so much that they managed to convince themselves that he wasn't that good.

Y'all have forgotten how dangerous was DC in his prime. He has only lost to Jones and Stipe. Prime DC beat every current LHW and HW (except Jones of course).

Great.

Now name any of the other fighters DC fought who are as great as Pereira.

Back