UFC 303 needs some work

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240518_103720_Chrome.jpg

6 weeks out & 11 fights booked, so 2 to 3 more fights left. We know they wanted Colby/Garry so I think it's fair to expect 1 more high-quality matchup. Other than that hopefully they can add a fun action fighter or 2. Some Ideas:

1 big-ish fight:
Charles vs Gamrot
Garry vs Brady
Garry vs Wonderboy
Garry vs Buckley
Brady vs Buckley
Buckley vs Wonderboy
Lopes vs Emmett
Moicano vs St Denis

1 solid fight:
Landwher vs Kattar
Kyler vs Font
Dober vs Mike Davis
RoboCop vs Shahbazyan
Morales vs Battle
RDA vs Gunnar

Thoughts?

I think the UFC knows that because Conor is on the card, its going to sell huge numbers no matter what, so they are trying not to use too many stars and big names on this card. Most casual fans will probably just tune in to one fight this card imo, based on the card atm

I think the UFC knows that because Conor is on the card, its going to sell huge numbers no matter what, so they are trying not to use too many stars and big names on this card. Most casual fans will probably just tune in to one fight this card imo, based on the card atm
yup. 100%.

this is a good card, its just the other ones that are coming up are just so loaded that it makes us lose sight of things.

Yes, true, no reason to overstack it, especially with having to divide PPV points among other champs. But knowing all eyes will be on this card, it'd be dumb to have the rest of the main card so barren. People have an expectation at this point that the entire card will be entertaining. Even my casual friends/people at the bar

Thoughts?

The UFC knows Conor will sell big numbers reagrdless of what's in the undercard. We all know were gonna watch no matter what

So why would they put any other big names on this when they can use them to try and sell other cards.

Plus they need to keep costs low on this card because how much they are going to be paying Conor McGregor

Think it's gonna be Garry vs MVP not Brady or any of those other options.

MVP said on Sky Sports that he's not heavy like Garry was claiming and it's an easy cut to be ready for June. He's verbally accepted the fight and is waiting for a contract
They're probably going to put MVP and Garry on the manchester card. They would be stupid not to.

My friend I need to make a small correction...
I think the UFC knows that because Conor is on the card, [They are hoping it will] sell huge numbers, so they are trying not to use too many stars and big names on this card. Most casual fans will probably just tune in to one fight this card imo, based on the card atm
lets face it... after years of controversies and receiving many an Old Fashioned Ass-Whoop-In McGregors stock has fallen... A Lot....
and TBH the card as is, looks as good as many a jones/oliveira/izzy/ card... there are 4 fighters there I want to see..

perfect. so much easier when all I have to worry about are two fights the next morning when I watch the full fight on one of those sites.
I think the UFC knows that because Conor is on the card, its going to sell huge numbers no matter what, so they are trying not to use too many stars and big names on this card. Most casual fans will probably just tune in to one fight this card imo

They're probably going to put MVP and Garry on the manchester card. They would be stupid not to.
Doubt it. The main card for Manchester is set. They aren't putting any of those fights on the prelims.

My friend I need to make a small correction...

lets face it... after years of controversies and receiving many an Old Fashioned Ass-Whoop-in McGregors stock has fallen... A Lot....
and TBH the card as is, looks as good as many a jones/oliveira/izzy/ card... there are 4 fighters there I want to see..
yeah i agree. I think Conor still does decent ppv numbers, but it won't be like the old days of selling 1M every fight. I'd actually be surprised if it got over 600k

Doubt it. The main card for Manchester is set. They aren't putting any of those fights on the prelims.
They could still realistically put it as a 6th fight on the main card but I don't think putting them as prelim headliner would be that far out of left field for them. I mean anything is possible when Bo nickal is on the main card for UFC 300 and they have Jiri as prelim headliner..

You guys are wild. Remove the Conor fight and this looks like a fight night, and not even a good one. OP is on the money. Bad look for UFC when they built their whole product on overall good cards

They could still realistically put it as a 6th fight on the main card but I don't think putting them as prelim headliner would be that far out of left field for them. I mean anything is possible when Bo nickal is on the main card for UFC 300 and they have Jiri as prelim headliner..
They could, sure, I just don't see them doing a 6 fight main card in the UK given it's taking place in the early hours of the morning for the local crowd.

That is a pretty terrible fight.

I guess they put a decent co-main and call it a day. Conor is in it.. they must be counting on him hyping the fight.

Back