Ortega vs Evloev

UFC 307, Abu Dhabi (OCT 19th):
Islam vs Charles/Arman/Justin
Men's 125 Title Fight

UFC 308, MSG (NOV 9th):
Pereira/Hill vs Ankalaev
O'Malley vs Merab

Good effort!

Look, you're gonna get a bunch of people fault-finding little things like Pereira not likely to fight on 301 because he usually fights once or twice a year maximum so won't make 301, but I admire this effort.

Great stuff, Joe.

I'd be super happy with a bunch of those fights. I definitely want Aspinall to fight in London, I definitely want Gane to fight in Paris, and I don't really want Jones vs Stipe on UFC Noche at the The Sphere, but details like that aren't really relevant when we can't actually offer the fights and work with the feedback in the first place.

I'd make a couple of changes, but this is excellent work.

Good effort!

Look, you're gonna get a bunch of people fault-finding little things like Pereira not likely to fight on 301 because he usually fights once or twice a year maximum so won't make 301, but I admire this effort.

Great stuff, Joe.

I'd be super happy with a bunch of those fights. I definitely want Aspinall to fight in London, I definitely want Gane to fight in Paris, and I don't really want Jones vs Stipe on UFC Noche at the The Sphere, but details like that aren't really relevant when we can't actually offer the fights and work with the feedback in the first place.

I'd make a couple of changes, but this is excellent work.
Michel took no damage and he's not cutting to 170 anymore so I think he'd take a ppv spot in Brazil if offered. 301 in general is just tough to figure out. And variables like Usman, who may stay at 185 or come back to 170, have strong ripple-effects on many other potential fighters.

Regarding Jones/Stipe, that was a hard one. Abu Dhabi? Perth? Salt-Lake at altitude? Vegas seems like the best fit of the schedule.

Overall they have a plethora of options post-301 even without the mythically inevitable Conor/Chandler fight.

Last edited:
I would never book a title fight for SLC. You never know who it might affect really badly. But people like Usman, Justin, Rose, and other fighters that live and train at higher altitudes definitely have an advantage.

And if fights don’t end early. There’s a good chance they’ll end up sucking.

I would never book a title fight for SLC. You never know who it might affect really badly. But people like Usman, Justin, Rose, and other fighters that live and train at higher altitudes definitely have an advantage.

And if fights don’t end early. There’s a good chance they’ll end up sucking.

Speaking of SLC, I’m kind of bummed that they’re going back there for the third year in a row for a PPV but haven’t come back to Chicago since 2019. What’s the appeal for SLC over a city they’ve been consistently coming to throughout the 2010’s?

I really don't see them making MVP vs Usman. Isn't Usman still wanting to fight at 185? and why would you think they wouldn't match MVP up with a striker, like WB?

Jones is fighting Stipe in New York and no where else. Would be shocked for him to take a Sphere fight, unless he will fight Aspinall and Blaydes winner in two months and I highly doubt that much. Did you see UFC 305 in Perth? The Saudi card is an ABC card, so will be treated like big card, esp since we all know they moved the card over for bigger names. Sean vs. Merab in November seems so long away UFC 303 probably will have those two title fights. Wonderboy needs to fight MVP, not have an Usman fight. You think Figgy has a quick turn around after fighting on UFC 300? Can't see DDP vs. Israel in SLC of all places.

Jones is fighting Stipe in New York and no where else. Would be shocked for him to take a Sphere fight, unless he will fight Aspinall and Blaydes winner in two months and I highly doubt that much. Did you see UFC 305 in Perth? The Saudi card is an ABC card, so will be treated like big card, esp since we all know they moved the card over for bigger names. Sean vs. Merab in November seems so long away UFC 303 probably will have those two title fights. Wonderboy needs to fight MVP, not have an Usman fight. You think Figgy has a quick turn around after fighting on UFC 300? Can't see DDP vs. Israel in SLC of all places.

Not sure about that, bud. Jon made this statement in the past.

“To be honest, I love being from New York, but my whole thoughts and dreams of fighting in New York – they’re kind of starting to fade,” Jones told MMA Junkie. “Looking at it from a business standpoint, it’s not a really good idea to pay nine percent to the state of New York off the top just for fighting here. With nine percent of every $1 million, that will add up real quick.”

I really don't see them making MVP vs Usman. Isn't Usman still wanting to fight at 185? and why would you think they wouldn't match MVP up with a striker, like WB?
I agree, it would ruin a potential cash cow / fan fav in MVP by placing him against someone that is going to try and take him down. They need people like him to headline FNs or other Main Events. He is the kind of exciting fighter that get people to stop and watch, or to fork over money in the heat of the moment for a ppv

I agree, it would ruin a potential cash cow / fan fav in MVP by placing him against someone that is going to try and take him down. They need people like him to headline FNs or other Main Events. He is the kind of exciting fighter that get people to stop and watch, or to fork over money in the heat of the moment for a ppv

8lp6CW7K2fdDGn3xCQ.webp

Adesanya and DDP in SLC. How did you come up with that one I wonder.

Wonderboy is the only fight I want to see for MVP to be honest sir.

UFC 301, Brazil (May 4th):
Pantoja vs ???
Costa vs Dolidze
Michel vs Curtis
Smith vs Petrino*
Barralho vs Craig*
*Booked

UFC 302, Newark (June 1st):
Leon vs Belal
Shavkat vs JDM
(winners fight in DEC)

UFC FN, Saudi (June 22nd):
Khamzat vs Cannonier
Aliskerov vs Fluffy
Sharaputin vs RoboCop

UFC 303, Vegas (June 29th):
Aspinall vs Blaydes 2
Islam vs Poirier
Gane vs Pavlovich
Sandhagen vs Umar
Natalia vs Cortez

UFC FN, UK (July 20th)
MVP vs Usman
Paddy vs Dober
Royval vs Mokaev
Allen vs Emmett

UFC 304, Salt-Lake (July 27th):
DDP vs Adesanya
Garry vs Colby (5 rounds)
Yan vs Figgy

UFC 305, Perth (August 17th):
Topuria vs Volk 2
Strickland vs Whittaker
Hooker vs Dariush

UFC FN France, (SEP 7th):
Imavov vs Hermanson
St Denis vs RDA

UFC 306, The Sphere (SEP 14th):
Jones vs Stipe
Grasso vs Shevchenko 3
Ortega vs Evloev

UFC 307, Abu Dhabi (OCT 19th):
Islam vs Charles/Arman/Justin
Men's 125 Title Fight

UFC 308, MSG (NOV 9th):
Pereira/Hill vs Ankalaev
O'Malley vs Merab

Some real good stuff here sir.

why on earth......?

<{vega}>
Because they're clearly trying to push MVP. You missed all the special treatment and promotional push last week?

Usman has also expressed interest in fighting Wonderboy, MVP is basically the same. Usman is tough to figure out tho, maybe he wants to stay at 185, maybe he wants Shavkat, maybe he'll retire. Of course this was addressed above in one the initial comments that of course you chose not to read.

You're welcome to do your very own version of "forecasting" the schedule, show us how it's done perhaps.

Because they're clearly trying to push MVP. You missed all the special treatment and promotional push last week?

Usman has also expressed interest in fighting Wonderboy, MVP is basically the same. Usman is tough to figure out tho, maybe he wants to stay at 185, maybe he wants Shavkat, maybe he'll retire. Of course this was addressed above in one the initial comments that of course you chose not to read.

You're welcome to do your very own version of "forecasting" the schedule, show us how it's done perhaps.

If they're trying to push MVP, they're not going to feed him to a high-level wrestler.

Back