RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Fury vs Usyk Discussion 5/18 1PM ET DAZN PPV / ESPN+

good young fighter

i'd like to see him step up a bit now, maybe a David Allen or someone of that level before he moves up further

i wouldnt complain about him being put in with Chisora

It’s gonna be really difficult to match him. He’ll blow through any journeyman, domestic level fighter but he’s still a kid. Is he ready for big HWs at that level? It would be a big risk. Skill wise he’s already as good as anyone in the division outside of usyk

Yeah drinking an energy drink soon
Tough one
If I'm going off recency bias, and boxingmath (if there's such a term) we saw fury almost lose to francis, who Joshua destroyed and usyk beat Joshua twice

But Fury at his peak was a monster. If we get the same Fury that whooped Wilder I see it being a competitive fight with Fury maybe overpowering him in the clinch and out boxing him

I think Usyk wins 8 rounds to 4. And you?
I'm thinking either 7-5 or 8-4 Usyk. Of course there's always the possibility Fury makes it dirty and we get a SD. but based on resume and skills I can't not pick Usyk.

It’s gonna be really difficult to match him. He’ll blow through any journeyman, domestic level fighter but he’s still a kid. Is he ready for big HWs at that level? It would be a big risk. Skill wise he’s already as good as anyone in the division outside of usyk
i mean, he isnt, but i would give him Allen next and then Chisora, if nothing else Chisora will be tough as nails and not just fall over for him

the big fat American fella may be a good option as well

Itauma seemed very good. Very relaxed and defensive responsible even upclose with the opponent and powerful as hell.
Glad there is new good blood.

Bob Arum is smarter than me :(

well, maybe my posts about the fight order wasnt correct, Sanchez coming up next

ive not seen a lot of Sanchez, but what i have seen i think he is very lazy and inactive, so this will be interesting

You could just look at his amateur record

As if you know who the best juniors HWs are. No one does unless they are somehow involved in boxing at that level. He was unbeaten as an ami, and was world gold medalist. Hes clearly fought some of the best of his peers. He’s not gonna be competitively fighting well known amateur boxers at 15/16 years old is he?

As if you know who the best juniors HWs are. No one does unless they are somehow involved in boxing at that level. He was unbeaten as an ami, and was world gold medalist. Hes clearly fought some of the best of his peers. He’s not gonna be competitively fighting well known amateur boxers at 15/16 years old is he?
You can go and check and see what they moved on to. Junior boxing is a shitshow in itself, but there are plenty of juniors who go on to either go pro or have decent amateur careers. The point is, him being undefeated as an amateur doesnt mean anything. Its not a slight against him, hes a developing and talented fighter. There is just no point to bring up his amateur accolades.

Kabayal looked really impressive in his last fight but he was fighting a big, stiff lump. Sanchez is gonna cause him far more problems. Interesting right. Kabayal can outwork Sanchez, but Sanchez is the better boxer, and seems to have more power

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luminous Knight
Back