NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I haven't even looked at this thread in several years. Habs fan here.

I want them to take Michkov if he's available at 5th, though I doubt they will even if available. I think he comes to the NHL in 3 years and I don't mind waiting. Other guys available at 5th might take that long to develop anyways.

With that said, if they stay put at 5th and not take Michkov, and assuming Smith is gone, I'd like Leonard. I hear it's between him and Reinbacher at 5th most likely. If that's the case, then I'm also ok with them trading down to Washington if they can give us their first round pick for next year. At which point Habs can take anyone available between Leonard, Benson, Reinbacher, Dvorsky (in that order) and I'm fine with it.

I'd also like it if they traded their 31st up to between 16th and 20th to get Gabe Perreault or Quentin Musty.

We are not getting PLD this summer. He's going to be a King. I've read that Kings are offering Vilardi + Iafallo for him and I'm not willing to give up Dach + Anderson + kicker to match that offer. Also, I don't think he's worth a penny above 7.8M on a long term contract and he started off asking for 9M per season which means he'll likely seek 8.2 to 8.5

Now if they manage to get Matthews from Leafs and an NHL stadium that would be nice
I'm sure he'd love to go there.

I think Arizona has everything the league needs and requires for an NHL team. The fact that they haven't had success since getting there is what is hurting them. They just need to have a decent playoff run and the fans will come. There is too much market potential in Arizona. Having a local bioy superstar like Matthews would definitely help

I think Arizona has everything the league needs and requires for an NHL team. The fact that they haven't had success since getting there is what is hurting them. They just need to have a decent playoff run and the fans will come. There is too much market potential in Arizona. Having a local bioy superstar like Matthews would definitely help

I think so as well. Their other teams are disappointing failures too, if the Coyotes could do even half of what Florida did last season they'd pack a reasonably sized arena. Not to mention it's a chance for people to get inside a nice cool hockey arena when it's 38 degrees outside.

TSN: At the combine it was the NHL executives and scouts doing the headhunting. You spoke to 23 teams. What was the toughest question?

Reinbacher: It's World War II and you're the captain of a boat and you have to bomb an enemy boat, but teammates are swimming in the ocean. I said, 'No, I wouldn't do it because I want to save my teammates.' I'm like, 'Look, guys, I don't do it because they are my teammates so I wouldn't kill my teammates.' They were like, 'You have to do it. It's an order.' I was like, 'No, I won't do it.' So, it was kind of not the best thing to talk about'
<mma4>

https://www.tsn.ca/david-reinbacher...icked-in-upcoming-nhl-draft-1.1977042?tsn-amp

TSN: At the combine it was the NHL executives and scouts doing the headhunting. You spoke to 23 teams. What was the toughest question?

Reinbacher: It's World War II and you're the captain of a boat and you have to bomb an enemy boat, but teammates are swimming in the ocean. I said, 'No, I wouldn't do it because I want to save my teammates.' I'm like, 'Look, guys, I don't do it because they are my teammates so I wouldn't kill my teammates.' They were like, 'You have to do it. It's an order.' I was like, 'No, I won't do it.' So, it was kind of not the best thing to talk about'
<mma4>

https://www.tsn.ca/david-reinbacher...icked-in-upcoming-nhl-draft-1.1977042?tsn-amp
Some of these questions are really stupid and I question their merit. I wouldn't put it past the Habs to do something like this to try and replicate a scenario of high level pressure and see how the kid reacts.

Some of these questions are really stupid and I question their merit. I wouldn't put it past the Habs to do something like this to try and replicate a scenario of high level pressure and see how the kid reacts.
Weird one for sure but now days the kids get prepared by agents so maybe they want to see how they react to random questions and be themselfs and not provide robotic answers (like you see McDavid give in 99% of the time in interviews)

lol So it was some :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ass Crosby simp that gave McDavid the 5th place Hart vote and 1st to Pasta.

It all makes sense now.

lol So it was some :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: ass Crosby simp that gave McDavid the 5th place Hart vote and 1st to Pasta.

It all makes sense now.

Footage of the reporter working on his column.

Back