NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

I'm hoping for Fantili. One guy I listened to said Fantili would have been a number one prospect for most of the drafts since 2015.

I'm less worried about signing free agents than just bottoming out the rebuild for the Ducks by trading the vets and trying to lock up the young guys.
Yeah its probably Fantili, though some people like Leo Carlsson more. We see.

Just checked Henrique and Silverberg will be UFA in 2024, letting their contract run out?

Saw that on HF Boards, he also mentioned that his salary demands would have to come down. He’s going to be 30 soon and goalies fall off quickly (see Schneider). At this point I wouldn’t do it, but goalies are definitely aodd as I still a problem for the devils. Tough.

Saw that on HF Boards, he also mentioned that his salary demands would have to come down. He’s going to be 30 soon and goalies fall off quickly (see Schneider). At this point I wouldn’t do it, but goalies are definitely aodd as I still a problem for the devils. Tough.
Still worth the risk if you make it to playoffs.
If not him, Gibson requested a trade.
Other goalies who might be traded/changing teams via free agency: Vejmelka, Swayman, Raanta, Andersen, Korpisalo.
Some rumours that Preds might be trading Saros but would take alot to get him.
So in my opinion Hellebuyck would be best signing for you, closely followed by Gibson.
If not any of the goalies mentioned Vegas does have Quick, Hill, Lehner, Thompson and Brossoit (+ any goalie propect they might have, too lazy to check).
If nothing atlest there is plenty to choose from.

Murmurs of Toews to Edmonton.

LOL PLS GOD NO
If Edmonton can get Toews on a cheap contract to be their 3rd or 4th line center they should probably take it. He's not what he uses to be but pretty sure he still lead, or was close to leading, the league in faceoffs last season.

If Edmonton can get Toews on a cheap contract to be their 3rd or 4th line center they should probably take it. He's not what he uses to be but pretty sure he still lead, or was close to leading, the league in faceoffs last season.
lol I don't want another one trick pony like Letestu back in the day.
Faceoffs and nothing else. DON'T GIVE ME THAT INTANGIBLES TALK EITHER

Still worth the risk if you make it to playoffs.
If not him, Gibson requested a trade.
Other goalies who might be traded/changing teams via free agency: Vejmelka, Swayman, Raanta, Andersen, Korpisalo.
Some rumours that Preds might be trading Saros but would take alot to get him.
So in my opinion Hellebuyck would be best signing for you, closely followed by Gibson.
If not any of the goalies mentioned Vegas does have Quick, Hill, Lehner, Thompson and Brossoit (+ any goalie propect they might have, too lazy to check).
If nothing atlest there is plenty to choose from.
Devils have to be aware of the cap after the Meier deal and free agency, though. It’s still a really young team, hell, that group might be a few years from their real prime, it would be crippling to have a worn down goalie on almost 9m at that point.
On the other hand, they HAVE to figure it out what to do with goaltending. Schmid showed promise, but so did Blackcooked at some point.

Last edited:
Detroit drafting at #9 has made it hard for me circle a group of players to look at. A lot of possibilities. I'm basically hoping someone will drop.

The mock drafters seem to have Detroit taking a dman. I'm feeling its time to grab some forwards.

Detroit drafting at #9 has made it hard for me circle a group of players to look at. A lot of possibilities. I'm basically hoping someone will drop.

The mock drafters seem to have Detroit taking a dman. I'm feeling its time to grab some forwards.
This draft seems to have a lot of "projects" or guys on the smaller side.

Nobody wants to re-sign in Calgary, you love to see it.

4177135027b01decf42f9ff48ffabe43.gif

I'm hoping for Fantili. One guy I listened to said Fantili would have been a number one prospect for most of the drafts since 2015.

I'm less worried about signing free agents than just bottoming out the rebuild for the Ducks by trading the vets and trying to lock up the young guys.
I almost shit my pants when I read rumors of Verbeek shopping the number 2 pick. They better grab that kid!

Back