LW or MW

AW is the best. Don't be a hater.

And in case you didn't know, AW stands for Any Weight.

Don't be a a WF.

That's a Weight Fascist.

LW is overrated af, it's popular because of Khabib and Conor.
All divisions has new contenders but LW still has Dustin ''Choke me Daddy'' Poirier and Justin ''Punch Drunk'' Gaethje. Yeah they are fun to watch but they are not as good as you think.
I'm sure someone will say ''if they are bad then why are they in top 5 for years?''
IT'S BECAUSE THE DIVISION SUCKS
That's why FW reject Charles dominated that division and got destroyed when he fought against the only good guy in the division

Last edited:
All divisions has new contenders but LW still has Dustin ''Choke me Daddy'' Poirier and Justin ''Punch Drunk'' Gaethje. Yeah they are fun to watch but they are not as good as you think
They seem to be doing pretty good?

I like MW alot right now. Fresh champion, awesome #1 contender fight coming up (Whittaker/Chimaev), Cannonier hanging out in the wings, Borralio (spelling?) rising up, Strickland/Costa happening soon and Izzy will return at some point.

Not as much activity at the top of the LW division right now.

LW
Craig is a ranked MW and has absolutely no striking, defensively or offensively
Yesterday you had Klose, Orolbai, Brener, Ruffy that were entertaining while being mid-level LWs

I've been loving LW for almost 10 years now. Conor moving up was exciting (for 1 title win lol), Khabibs run was amazing, then Charles was incredible and now we have the dominance of Islam and possibly the best run at LW of all time. And you got all the others that make the division great.

LW but im liking quite a few MW's out of the top 15 currently, Perreira, Kopylov and Robocop are always must watch.

All divisions has new contenders but LW still has Dustin ''Choke me Daddy'' Poirier and Justin ''Punch Drunk'' Gaethje. Yeah they are fun to watch but they are not as good as you think.
I'm sure someone will say ''if they are bad then why are they in top 5 for years?''
That's why FW reject Charles dominated that division and got destroyed when he fought against the only good guy in the division

BJ Penn popularized LW years before these guys were a thing. MW has always been the worst division and a tweener division for people too small for HW/lhw

I like MW more atm. Adesanya, DDP, Strickland, Khamzat, etc.

155 is considered the most stacked division because that is the weight that the majority of men would be able to cut to on average, leaving it as the class with the most potential. It's a math thing, not a "Their skills are so much better" thing.

155 is considered the most stacked division because that is the weight that the majority of men would be able to cut to on average, leaving it as the class with the most potential. It's a math thing, not a "Their skills are so much better" thing.
The fact MT god Fiziev was turned into a punch bag by Simpson brawler tells all you need to know. LW is by far the hardest division to crack.

155 is deeper, but it had the problem of established pecking order (Islam > Charles > Justin > Dustin > anyone else) which kept it stalled and held fresh contenders out of title picture. Hopefully after UFC 300 with Gaethje KTFOd and Tsarukyan beating Olives there's a chance we'll finally see it moving with fresh faces fighting for the belt.

185 is very interesting right now and there's a chance that the belt will switch owners quite often for some time.

The LW champ mixes greco, judo and cage wrestling to take people down
The MW champ uses rugby tackles to take people down

Lightweights are bigger than the majority of men. If we take out obese and people who are pot bellied, most North Americans and Brits are probably featherweights. Most people East of those countries are bantamweights.

Back