Longshot to win gold in 2024?

Johnny Walker
That's a pretty good one.

Amir Albazi
Not actually a longshot but KKF would fit that bill. If he wins a fight & another top contender gets injured. Or if Albazi wins the belt this summer & KKF(who had a controversial loss to Albazi) ca get a big win in the meantime they could rematch by the end of the year

Nikita Krylov

One of the best grapplers in the division. KO power. 3 fight win streak.

9-4 since 2017. Losses to Jan who would be champ 4 fights later. Glover who would be champ 3 fights later and Krylov almost finished Glover and went to a split. Ankalaev was a 29-28 and Ankalaev went to a draw for title 3 fights later. And got caught by Craig who also caught Jamahal and Ankalaev.

All that to sayhe doesnt have a "bad" loss in his recent form. 3 to champs or champ level LHWs who are 40 now or retired besides Ankalaev. Craig caught Jamahal and Ankalaev too hes sneaky.

Krylov is realistically 1-2 fights away. Would anyone be confident Alex beats him? I dont

It’s hard, but I’d love for magical 2024 and somehow in December off of 3 straight finishes in the year my boy T-City grabs a belt

khalil rountree has a chance vs the current champ. it should also be a very entertaining fight, so perhaps that’s the impetus for making it.

It’s hard, but I’d love for magical 2024 and somehow in December off of 3 straight finishes in the year my boy T-City grabs a belt
Lol Really hard to fathom a guy who's had 3 fights since 2018 fighting 3 times in 2024, let alone winning the 3 fights.
Would be incredible to witness though.

How long a shot are you wanting?

I'll go Petr Yan.

Beats Song Yadong, then beats Aljamain Sterling around July.

Rematch with Merab is set up, and Yan avenges his defeat.

Lol Really hard to fathom a guy who's had 3 fights since 2018 fighting 3 times in 2024, let alone winning the 3 fights.
Would be incredible to witness though.
I can dream, and a conductor of hype trains, must keep the hype train rolling

Johnathan Martinez wrecking legs seems a difficult problem imo, has looked improved every time i've seen him.
View attachment 1018756

I wish they'd give him bigger steps up in competition. As far as I know, the only guy on a longer ufc win streak at BW is Merab.

Anyways, my pick goes to BSD defying the odds, picking up 3 big wins this year with the third one being for the title

I wish they'd give him bigger steps up in competition. As far as I know, the only guy on a longer ufc win streak at BW is Merab.

Anyways, my pick goes to BSD defying the odds, picking up 3 nig wins this year with the third one being for the title
That's a solid call. He's super active & the fans are loving him. Those are great qualities to have if trying to circumvent the process. Not to mention the possibility of Islam moving up/retiring after his next win.

That's a solid call. He's super active & the fans are loving him. Those are great qualities to have if trying to circumvent the process. Not to mention the possibility of Islam moving up/retiring after his next win.

Plus he represents a market that the UFC has been investing in. If he keeps winning, I think the ufc will give him the big opportunities. I can't say the same about guys like Caio borralho, though -- ufc seems to hate that guy. In my opinion, caio should have already faced a ranked guy or two.

Anyways, my pick goes to BSD defying the odds, picking up 3 big wins this year with the third one being for the title
BSD is a great Dark Horse, guy has literal special forces killer instinct

Yea that's nuts. He's 5-0 and has beaten some good fighters. FFS Gastelum doesn't even fight at 185 anymore.
He also had to win two straight DWCS to get in, it's crazy how little push for all his effort.
Even moreso considering MW needs new blood like him desperately.

Poatan winning HW gold.
Colby winning it on his fourth try.

Caio Borralho. Seems to be a very cerebral fighter that has a different, articulate, and well thought out gameplan with each opponent he faces. Could be a dark horse danger in a division destitute of decisive fighters. Guy seems to be decent all around, just not sure where his actual ceiling is. Will find out more if he manages to fight a ranked opponent next.
View attachment 1018741
this would be my pick as well

He also had to win two straight DWCS to get in, it's crazy how little push for all his effort.
Even moreso considering MW needs new blood like him desperately.
this would be my pick as well
I really don't get the lack of a push for him. Maybe he's difficult to work with behind the scenes or something unforseen, but as you said, MW needs new contenders more than possibly any division outside HW, which to be fair was always historically thin since only like 5% of men on the planet are 6'4"+ and jacked like 100% of sherdoggers.

Conor lands the title fight with Makhachev, KO's him in 2.

Shavkat wins the belt against Leon in the summer

Conor makes the much anticipated move to 170 and KO's Shavkat and becomes the first triple champ

Undisputed GOAT

Back