Jose Aldo is very overrated

Aldo was so good he almost went on a bw title run while completely past his prime. His fight with Merab was dead close. In another day, another city it could have easily gone to Jose
Mental gymnastics, in another day, another city he could've won against Marlon too. The guy is simply not that good as many people say

How a GOAT gets mauled twice against Max, once against Yan and dropped in 13 secs by Conor? The only GOAT candidate to have an embarrassment like that during his prime was GSP losing to Serra. Yes, Aldo was in his early 30s when he got humiliated by Holloway, peak age, to say he was not at his prime is purely cherry-picking, he was the champ at the time

Aldo was something special his run between the WEC and UFC was an awesome watch. Volk is still #2 at Featherweight imo. If he beats Illia I think he might cement his goat status at fw. Also aldo was robbed at a chance for double champ status.

How a GOAT gets mauled twice against Max, once against Yan and dropped in 13 secs by Conor? The only GOAT candidate to have an embarrassment like that during his prime was GSP losing to Serra. Yes, Aldo was in his early 30s when he got humiliated by Holloway, peak age, to say he was not at his prime is purely cherry-picking, he was the champ at the time

Which post praising Aldo set you off today on your little tangent?

Aldo was so good he almost went on a bw title run while completely past his prime.
Why when he started facing better competition suddenly people say he was after his prime? He was in his early 30s, there were no indications he was past his prime

Also, about Aldo responding rudely to Conor, do you think he is going to be polite to the man who taunted him mercilessly for like a year straight and then embarassed him in front of the world in one of the biggest fights ever?
So, it's just ok to be rude when someone is praising you and offering a multi-million dollar deal? He's a sore loser

AWA !

A DECADE of whooping the best fighters at the time.​

Aldo
Was​
Awesome !​
He won the WEC belt by the end of 2009 and got humiliated by Conor in 2015, how's that a decade?

Dude he had 20 or a little more fights and many where early stoppages

It's not like fucking Floyd mayweather or canelo who boxed as kids and had way more wear and tear, plus many more fights. Why didn't they decline so bad? Or Manny Pacquiao?

Usyk had over 350 amateur fights and still fights at a ridiculous level despite being way older and many more fights
Fighter starts facing better competition and losing = He was better, it's just that he's out of his prime

How convenient

Why when he started facing better competition suddenly people say he was after his prime? He was in his early 30s, there were no indications he was past his prime
But the competion was not better. Age does not determine prime. I mean at certain point it does. But we have seen shot fighters at 28 and elite fighters at 38.

Aldo was something special his run between the WEC and UFC was an awesome watch. Volk is still #2 at Featherweight imo. If he beats Illia I think he might cement his goat status at fw. Also aldo was robbed at a chance for double champ status.
He was looking very special during WEC, but when the UFC came he simply couldn't finish fights. Guy almost lost to Homminick in the end of the 5th round

But the competion was not better. Age does not determine prime. I mean at certain point it does. But we have seen shot fighters at 28 and elite fighters at 38.
Just point me an evidence that he was out of his prime other than start losing and getting KOed, guy was 29 yo when he got KOed by Conor, how's a fighter out of his prime at that age?

Just point me an evidence that he was out of his prime other than start losing and getting KOed, guy was 29 yo when he got KOed by Conor, how's a fighter out of his prime at that age?

Well for starters Id check his injury list

Then theres the fact that he stopped kicking but thats just little part of mma you know.

I think Jose was very good when Conor koed him. I think he was very good when Max tkoed him. Theres no excuse, he lost those fights.

I dont think its bad saying Max and Volk were better. But if Volk loses his next three ( big possibility btw) you gonna call him overrated?

One of the best leg kickers we have ever seen. Combine that with elite tdd and a very solid ground game. 7 title defenses in the UFC and 2 in WEC.

He was looking very special during WEC, but when the UFC came he simply couldn't finish fights. Guy almost lost to Homminick in the end of the 5th round
So the Chad Mendes KO doesn't matter nor there second fight. Which might be the greatest featherweight fight of all time.

Back