Jose Aldo is very overrated

barillas

🔥CHAMA Belt🔥
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm tired of constantly seeing him being included in the GOAT lists. The number of times he has been defeated in the UFC matches the number of times he has finished his opponents (if you consider KZ's injury as a finished match). He faced humiliation multiple times during his prime years in his early 30s. He's not even top 2 FW, Volk and Max are already ahead of him in this division. It annoys me how people treat him as if he is a god, especially here in Brazil. Additionally, he is a sore loser. He kept insisting on a rematch with Conor McGregor but declined it when RDA got injured. Conor was kind enough to offer him a boxing match recently, but Aldo responded rudely. Here in Brazil, Popó, a well-known boxer even proposed a friendly fight with him, only to be rudely rejected by Aldo. Personally, I don't have any positive feelings towards him.

Unbeaten for over a decade against a bunch of killers.
I think he is probably a top 5-7 GOAT
and GOAT FW, or 2nd (Volk is very close behind, but I wouldn't complain about Volk being GOAT FW either). I love Max and he's a legend with huge balls, but his 3 title defenses doesn't really compare to Aldo's 7 (9 if including WEC)

Also, about Aldo responding rudely to Conor, do you think he is going to be polite to the man who taunted him mercilessly for like a year straight and then embarassed him in front of the world in one of the biggest fights ever?

1707574611482.png

Last edited:
b235b727721962ee9018fd0bf35b1e38.gif

This is such a terrible take from a 2011 account. Aldo's prime ended at a younger age than most cause he started fighting much younger than most and fought often, this happened all the time back in the day when fighters used to start fighting around 18-20 and fought 3-4 times a year. It doesn't happen much anymore cause most people don't fight that often anymore. Aldo is the FW GOAT. He has significantly more title defenses than anyone else between WEC and UFC and IMO they should both be included since WEC was where the best FWs were at the time anyway.

WEC and early in his ufc career he was a beast
He still proved to be a good fighter long after his prime

I'm not meaning to open a can of worms, but not as beastly post USADA

I'm tired of constantly seeing him being included in the GOAT lists. The number of times he has been defeated in the UFC matches the number of times he has finished his opponents (if you consider KZ's injury as a finished match). He faced humiliation multiple times during his prime years in his early 30s. He's not even top 2 FW, Volk and Max are already ahead of him in this division. It annoys me how people treat him as if he is a god, especially here in Brazil. Additionally, he is a sore loser. He kept insisting on a rematch with Conor McGregor but declined it when RDA got injured. Conor was kind enough to offer him a boxing match recently, but Aldo responded rudely. Here in Brazil, Popó, a well-known boxer even proposed a friendly fight with him, only to be rudely rejected by Aldo. Personally, I don't have any positive feelings towards him.
Get him boys

Attachments

• IMG_8379.gif
    IMG_8379.gif
    426.2 KB · Views: 0
WEC and early in his ufc career he was a beast
He still proved to be a good fighter long after his prime

I'm not meaning to open a can of worms, but not as beastly post USADA
I hate when people do that shit, Aldo never looked physically different post USADA. Not everyone that declined after USADA did so due to drug testing, he had a lot of mileage on him by that time and had been fighting from a young age. Guys like that decline at a younger age cause the wear and tear is more important than age specifically. The opposite is also often true, people who start MMA late tend to be competitive at a much older age than guys who start younger.

AWA !

A DECADE of whooping the best fighters at the time.​

Aldo
Was​
Awesome !​

I hate when people do that shit, Aldo never looked physically different post USADA. Not everyone that declined after USADA did so due to drug testing, he had a lot of mileage on him by that time and had been fighting from a young age. Guys like that decline at a younger age cause the wear and tear is more important than age specifically. The opposite is also often true, people who start MMA late tend to be competitive at a much older age than guys who start younger.

I disagree
It's not like he had 50 pro fights or been in many back and forward wars

Jose definitely benefitted from the juice imo. Conor was right about that

This is such a terrible take from a 2011 account. Aldo's prime ended at a younger age than most cause he started fighting much younger than most and fought often, this happened all the time back in the day when fighters used to start fighting around 18-20 and fought 3-4 times a year. It doesn't happen much anymore cause most people don't fight that often anymore. Aldo is the FW GOAT. He has significantly more title defenses than anyone else between WEC and UFC and IMO they should both be included since WEC was where the best FWs were at the time anyway.
Aldo’s run at BW disqualifies your entire post.

Aldo was so good he almost went on a bw title run while completely past his prime. His fight with Merab was dead close. In another day, another city it could have easily gone to Jose

Back