Ilia torches Makhachev too

Eh. He definitely has the power but you can bet your life those guys are going to try to sambo him.

After topuria makes 3 or 4 title defences ….id love to see him move up to 155

Ah the good ole over emotional threads after an event.

Volk was at the tale of end of his career that he beat, and all of a sudden this guy is going to be a world beater?

If Volk almost pulled it off why can’t the guy who just smashed Volk?

Because MMA math doesnt work and the size difference was already comical between islam and Volk ...we dont need to see this again..

You need to do be better Koro

Too big too strong.

Islam's learned how to crush manlets now.

And he softened up volk for ilia

Because MMA math doesnt work and the size difference was already comical between islam and Volk ...we dont need to see this again..

You need to do be better Koro
Volk was obviously the much bigger fighter tonight... Islam would dwarf Ilia... My god.... Islam would ragdoll him..

Lil bro? U joined in 22, try again. I've seen more MMA than u can imagine. Conor has 1 (N) btw. Bryce or Volk is not even the same as Islam or Khabib.. That's hopefully sarcastic on your part, as that comparison is not even remotely close and if not sarcasm it would only leave ignorance. Khabib would maul him easily. Volk being to scared to try to grapple is also very funny...I don't think his plan was round 1 or 2 takedowns. He went for 0, but had the fight progressed it would have been much different in the later rounds. Volk just got old and was too active as of late. Ilya is good, has power but winning the belt doesn't make him great . Always much harder to defend and keep so we shall see how it goes.

calm down unc, we all family up here. i'm down with u, all right?
but here's the thing, if volk had enough grappling to hang with islam, why couldn't illia do the same
he's younger, stronger than volk and his wrestling is very good, i expect him to fuck movsar up when they fight(a decent stand-in for islam)

Volk was a featherweight too, and he came within a cunt hair of beating him. Unlike Volk Ilia has serious, stopping power.

The thread title was obviously an exaggeration, but to say he has no chance would be silly.
I think Max has a good chance at beating Gaethje. I am a huge Max fan but I think it's a bad idea to be fighting in the LW division. Do I think Ilia has a chance against Islam? Absolutely. Do I think it's a bad idea for Ilia to fight Islam? Absolutely.

I think Max has a good chance at beating Gaethje. I am a huge Max fan but I think it's a bad idea to be fighting in the LW division. Do I think Ilia has a chance against Islam? Absolutely. Do I think it's a bad idea for Ilia to fight Islam? Absolutely.
I agree, and I already said the thread title was half joking, that should have been obvious with my initial come at me post. If they signed the contract I would expect Makhachev to be the rightful favourite.

That said, to assume someone has no chance because the other guy fights 10 lbs heavier is silly, we've seen plenty of smaller guys move up and have success in higher divisions. Dustin was middle of the pack at FW, and he kills 95% of UFC LW's.

Ilia has better grappling credentials than Volk, and power that can shut the lights out with one strike. Maybe he gets ragdolled, but impossible to know for sure until it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: JKS
I don't see this as much as a mismatch as some say it is. If Volk can have success vs Islam, so can Ilia

Ilia has pretty solid grappling both offensive and defensive. I think he's got enough of of a solid defensive grappling game to keep it standing and have his opportunities. Just like Volk did.

But I think Ilia is more dangerous standing than Volk is and has more power and speed. If Volk knocked Islam down and had him in trouble, Ilia can certainly do the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mulder_81
Back