Civil War movie

cws80us

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone seen this, thoughts? I went to see it today, not really knowing what to expect. Thought it to be pretty boring and pointless. Should've know better given that it was an "independent" film. A bunch of poignant yet meaningless scenes with crappy music. Turned out to be more of a commentary on war journalism. Very little explanation of what was really going on and why there was a civil war. Depicted a lot of atrocities for no apparent reason. War is hell I guess? Wasn't too political, which was surprising. Anyway, not impressed.

Shoulda made it more realistic. Texas and California teaming up doesn't make sense. THey shoulda made it liberal vs conservative states
Northern Ca is like Texas without the Cowboy hats. Ca has an army of Conservatives the red states dream about. Trump received the most votes from Ca out of any state in 2020

PS the movie was meh

i like the concept, yet feel the production team (writers, producers, director etc) didnt want to push a political take on current America politics and decided to play it safe and tone it all down... waste of a film imo.

Northern Ca is like Texas without the Cowboy hats. Ca has an army of Conservatives the red states dream about. Trump received the most votes from Ca out of any state in 2020

PS the movie was meh
Pretty much all of inland CA from the oregon border to the Mexico border is conservative kern county for example. the liberal parts of CA are the cities by the coast.

Just watched it last night. Totally agree with your points.

Shoulda made it more realistic. Texas and California teaming up doesn't make sense. THey shoulda made it liberal vs conservative States.

I looked up the writers response to this. I guess it's an alliance of necessity with the two most powerful states who are the biggest economies and producers.

At a special screening in Los Angeles on Tuesday, writer-director Alex Garland explained the “intentional” decision to unite the two, saying it was “partly to get around a kind of reflexive, polarizing position that people might fall into, that’s one thing, but actually that’s not the main thing. The main thing is to do with how the president is presented and what can be inferred from that.” The president, played by Nick Offerman, has disbanded the FBI, has used air strikes on American citizens and has established himself as a three-term leader.

"Then it’s saying that two states that have a different political position have said, ‘Our political difference is less important than this,'” Garland continued. “And then the counter to that is if you cannot conceive of that, what you’re saying is that your polarized political position would be more important than a fascist president. Which, when you put it like that, I would suggest, is insane. That’s an insane position to hold. So it’s sort of an oblique commentary and I think that’s how the film works in general. It’s not explaining this stuff but it’s also not avoiding this stuff.”

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd0c264c8-cc75-4897-925b-54d6e27b0a1a_1527x856.png

This is deliberate programming of reality, imho.
The globalists have planned it as one of the potential scenarios for the US.
It's part of their depopulation programs.

P.s. yeah, yeah, I already have my tinfoil hat on.

Pretty much all of inland CA from the oregon border to the Mexico border is conservative kern county for example. the liberal parts of CA are the cities by the coast.

well they better get there shit together like up North
Screenshot_20240428-221143_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, last time I drove up to Shasta, it's all red up there. And I got an Airbnb in Arnold, which is in the Sierra foothills south of Tahoe, I saw Trump signs everywhere. 20 years ago I was going to Ukiah once a month and it was all red back then so I'm assuming its the same now.

As for this movie, I'll check it out when its free on streaming but I have low expectations <Fedor23>

well they better get there shit together like up North
View attachment 1041773
What matters is turning the coastal cities from SF to SD into GOP voters that is where all the population is in CA. All the red voter cities on this image are less populated areas. It isn't a north vs south thing in CA it is a coastal or west CA vs east CA the inland part of CA that is less populated.

Back