Beterbiev vs Bivol June 1st in Saudi ESPN+**** Postponed ***

Who wins ?

• Total voters
they been low key beefing for years. They did spar, bivol says that beterbiev coudn't even touch him, and beterbiev says that he barely remembers the sparring....they dont like each other. Bivol also over the last few years was bitching about the fact that Arthur got certain fights because he lives in Canada, while he was blocked. Anyways, they have real animosity toward each other, there are more things there going all the way back to amateurs within the russian circle.
Now thats what needs to be put out there.
Makes this fight even more interesting.

Who do Russians like more?

Now thats what needs to be put out there.
Makes this fight even more interesting.

Who do Russians like more?
Bivol. While higher sales factor is Beterbiev cos a lot of fans wants to see stoppage in distance and Bet always had delivered this in pro fights.

Bivol and his manager have said they'd prefer to remain on the card and are looking at options. Take Morrell off the Crawford card and get him in this fight.

Bivol and his manager have said they'd prefer to remain on the card and are looking at options. Take Morrell off the Crawford card and get him in this fight.
Call me crazy but I’m taking Morrell in that one if it ever happens.

Even Saudi money can’t polish the turd that is boxing. Tired of this sport.

That’s combat sports as a whole unfortunately, not just boxing. At least with this event there’s a very good undercard still happening. Zhang vs wilder is still a pretty good headline fight

I watch his training and he really does some really amazing and creative things. One thing is these touch and go type of Squats here - - they can be really hard on the knee because you unloading and reloading quickly right at the most shear-force angle on the knee. When i power lifted i used to do those at reps at 465 and by themselves i was mostly ok. but add running, and lots of lateral drills to that and the damage starts to accumulate. Also his Catch on the Hang Cleans -you can see how far out his knees are sticking and the shock result on his landing. Arturo is still the only top tier level boxer i seen Bench around 3 plates which is generally not a good idea -bet hey, he's Beterbiev

It’s dumb for a pro boxer to be doing this. Especially one who’s nearly 40.

Call me crazy but I’m taking Morrell in that one if it ever happens.
I haven’t seen anything from Morrell that would suggest he could beat Bivol or Benavidez. He has the upper-body movement required for his aggressive, in-and-out style but his feet are stuck in concrete. He’s a self-contradicting fighter whereas Bivol and Benavidez are coherent fighters.

they been low key beefing for years. They did spar, bivol says that beterbiev coudn't even touch him, and beterbiev says that he barely remembers the sparring....they dont like each other. Bivol also over the last few years was bitching about the fact that Arthur got certain fights because he lives in Canada, while he was blocked. Anyways, they have real animosity toward each other, there are more things there going all the way back to amateurs within the russian circle.
I think it was one of Bivol's coaches that said Artur couldn't touch him. Bivol said they only did very light, unserious sparring, because back then they were two weight classes apart and Beterbiev was more advanced and getting ready for the Olympics. So neither tried very hard, they just played a bit and went home, and that sparring meant nothing at all. Artur said he didn't remember that episode at all.

The impression I got from the two of them was that Artur doesn't like Dimitry for some reason (might be just the way he gets mentally ready for fights, because he didn't say anything specific about what his problem is), whereas Dimitry is pretty neutral and even a bit confused at Artur's low key hostility.

god damn it june is too far away.

you guys know the gods hate us, someone will get injured or some dumb shit. this is too good of a fight to actually happen.
i hate it when i'm right.

I think it was one of Bivol's coaches that said Artur couldn't touch him. Bivol said they only did very light, unserious sparring, because back then they were two weight classes apart and Beterbiev was more advanced and getting ready for the Olympics. So neither tried very hard, they just played a bit and went home, and that sparring meant nothing at all. Artur said he didn't remember that episode at all.

The impression I got from the two of them was that Artur doesn't like Dimitry for some reason (might be just the way he gets mentally ready for fights, because he didn't say anything specific about what his problem is), whereas Dimitry is pretty neutral and even a bit confused at Artur's low key hostility.
There was a lot of professional jealousy in the Russian amateur team. Beterbiev and Kovalev despised each other due to the politics of their amateur system. My guess is whatever beef exists between Bivol-Artur is about boxing politics. It seems like many of the Russian boxers were jealous of the treat Artur got, he was the crown jewel of the Russian team for many years. I'm thinking maybe Bivol and/or his team were back biting Beterbiev and it got back to him. Just a wild guess.

Back