Multiplatform Alan Wake II

Really wanted to add how confusing of a gaming experience Alan Wake II was. I was certain by early to mid game this was another deathloop overrated game in the making. The mid game was 8/10 but Saga's mind room was a tedious choir at best and took away from the momentum of the game.

The last three hours of this game were a 10/10. I think they need to not wait so long to introduce some combat in this game. Way too many miniscule choirs in the game that add nothing to it. Also thought Sam Lake worked a little too hard to make sure he was in this game a lot though he added a lot to the character his long drawn out clips were not super unecessary.

I also felt Alan Wake I was overrated...would say this game is a solid 8/10 for the uber patient gamer which is rare now a days. I dont blame anyone for feeling this was a hard push to get to anything that resembles fun. By the end I hardly understood what the hell the storyline was.
I nearly gave up on the game to be honest and I'm a very patient gamer. There's no excuse to have not improved the gameplay at all. The original came out many years ago and we know they can do it because they have Control which is fun at least. If this game had RE4 Remake level gameplay it would have actually deserved the 9s and 10s it received.

I enjoyed the last few hours myself except for that 30 minute segment that you are going back and forth between profiling people and sticking shit to a wall. That went on way too long imo.

Despite generally positive reception and being out half a year now, AWII has yet to make back its budget, it’s reported.

It was confirmed two months ago that more than 1.3M units had been sold. For more perspective, I’ve read the budget stood around 70M USD with 50M for production and 20M for marketing.

Despite generally positive reception and being out half a year now, AWII has yet to make back its budget, it’s reported.

It was confirmed two months ago that more than 1.3M units had been sold. For more perspective, I’ve read the budget stood around 70M USD with 50M for production and 20M for marketing.

Not surprising. Not on the Steam store and no physical release. . I really hate how Remedy has to constantly be beholden to some big pub for almost all of their games. Their games need to be everywhere for as many people as possible to get them.

Not surprising. Not on the Steam store and no physical release. . I really hate how Remedy has to constantly be beholden to some big pub for almost all of their games. Their games need to be everywhere for as many people as possible to get them.
You could release a game like Elden ring on anything and it would be a hit. Problem is this sequel took too long to make and it’s also way too different from the original which turned off older fans. It also plays more like a tv show than a video game and has a convoluted story. It’s not going to be for everyone. I barely got through it but my stubbornness made sure I didn’t waste money

You could release a game like Elden ring on anything and it would be a hit. Problem is this sequel took too long to make and it’s also way too different from the original which turned off older fans. It also plays more like a tv show than a video game and has a convoluted story. It’s not going to be for everyone. I barely got through it but my stubbornness made sure I didn’t waste money
A lot of older fans I saw talk about the game loved it. Metacritic for user review scores is very high. I just think a lot of Remedy games aren't for everyone honestly. Which is why I think being everywhere is crucial for them because they need to be able to attract as many customers as possible. Also not being on Steam is a huge issue. I get Epic funded it and that's fine but no one wants to use that store. I just did a quick google search and apparently PC sales were about 150k. That's a massive amount of missed revenue by not being on Steam. Steam has Alan Wake at 9/10 I guarantee you they at least triple those numbers on steam.

With all that said. I'm a huge Alan Wake fan but a lot of the stuff I'm hearing has made me hold off on buying it. Not sure I will for a very long time honestly.

I finished control recently, freaking loved it, especially the Alan Wake segments. I loved the combat, story, the Bureau and especially the old house. Brutalist architecture always draws me in.

I really liked the Story of Alan Wake as well, but the gameplay made it a challenge to get through it.

I was so excited to start AW2 after control, but I don't know how im going to push through it. Those evidence segments are absolutely horrible. The has to be one of the worst paced games in a franchise I care about, with one of the worst main systems in a while.

I've suffered through numerous pixel hunting, and illogical puzzle-driven point and click adventure/crime games in my day, but this is rigjt up there for tedium. The performance on PC is atrocious too.

I really want to finish the story buy I may have to watch a playthrough instead.

I don't understand what people have against the Epic store. For multiplayer games where people want to keep their friends lists, I get it, but for single player games?

Epic gives a bigger cut to the developers and publishers. They also give out free games every week.

I don't understand what people have against the Epic store. For multiplayer games where people want to keep their friends lists, I get it, but for single player games?

Epic gives a bigger cut to the developers and publishers. They also give out free games every week.
PC gamers are just weird, they’re currently losing their shit over linking an account to PSN. Compare that to Sea of Thieves releasing on PS5 where not a single person complained about making Microsoft account. I really don’t know why they act like this. People should just support games they like regardless of storefront.

PC gamers are just weird, they’re currently losing their shit over linking an account to PSN. Compare that to Sea of Thieves releasing on PS5 where not a single person complained about making Microsoft account. I really don’t know why they act like this. People should just support games they like regardless of storefront.
If we all start buying everything on Epic or Microsoft Store or battle.net it'll force Valve to reconsider their business model and develop Half Life 3 and Portal 3.

Their current business model of sitting back and printing money is great for them but not great for gamers.

Back