🤠
@Black
Reaction score
Yikes. Who Needs A Job?

They're Here. 🇺🇸 🦅

frd1.jpg

frd2.jpg

I can sign up for 5 years if i get green card by end of contract

You were actually the first poster I thought of for this, lol. It would be a great opportunity to seize, with ample time to plan for the real boom and coming industrial sector workforce crisis. America's demise has been greatly exaggerated, as I'm sure you can gather yourself from across a few different threads -- its knack for innovation and reinvention is no fucking joke.

Maybe companies should start investing in their future by paying for training now instead of waiting. A lot of these jobs have pretty specific skill requirements.

A lot of the work is becoming increasingly upskilled with the implementation of new machinery, processes, and technologies. That's the biggest challenge in filling the gaps, but there's even an overall applicant gap for more entry-level positions coming into focus. I don't recall that being cited on the study from 2018. Jesus, these years are flying, man.

A lot of the work is becoming increasingly upskilled with the implementation of new machinery, processes, and technologies. That's the biggest challenge in filling the gaps, but there's even an overall applicant gap for more entry-level positions coming into focus. I don't recall that being cited on the study from 2018. Jesus, these years are flying, man.

Maybe the abortion bans will fill America with young poor people desperate for work.

Hopefully it's fast enough?

Fuck, young people, fuck as if the country depended on it.

The article is kind of confusing to be honest.

It’s not necessarily manufacturing jobs or blue collar that they say are going to be in demand alone but the digital white collar jobs IN the manufacturing industry like data scientists.

I completely disagree as these kinds of jobs will be less in demand in the next ten years as AI continues to eat into them.

Maybe companies should start investing in their future by paying for training now instead of waiting. A lot of these jobs have pretty specific skill requirements.
In the fall, I brought my students to an open house at a community college that specializes in manufacturing gigs.

That place was crawling with recruiters from companies I had never heard of.

One guy was a head hunter for a company that does "non destructive testing". When I asked what that entails, he mentioned that MIC companies will hire his organization to tinker around with vehicles being made to ensure they don't fall apart when in action.

I think about that guys company quite a bit over the issues Boeing is having. I hope he shows up again next school year.

I thought all the illegal immigrants were coming here to work, this shouldn't be a problem.
If by work you mean reaching their hands out...

The illegals seem to predominantly work in agriculture and construction. We don't hire them, but they're going to be a pretty common feature of any large scale job site with multiple sub-contractors, and guaranteed to be talking "a la verga!" this and that amongst each other, almost perpetually.

<36>

The illegals seem to predominantly work in agriculture and construction. We don't hire them, but they're going to be a pretty common feature of any large scale job site with multiple sub-contractors, and guaranteed to be talking "a la verga!" this and that amongst each other, almost perpetually.

<36>
Mexicans should have such a tremendous worker rights movement here in the US it’s not even funny. We should be encouraging it hand over fist.

Mexicans should have such a tremendous worker rights movement here in the US it’s not even funny. We should be encouraging it hand over fist.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about your love for the Mexicanos and their work ethic. A lot of them do break their fucking backs out there, doing essential work. They're alright you know, and there's some shared old west culture with rodeos and what not. I'm far less fond of US-born chicano subculture, at least the bullshit overt gangbanging aspects.

His Shtick is getting so old.. And he does know what race per capita has the most abortions..Its almost like its planned that way.
The irony considering your first post in this thread was about illegal immigrants. Lot of pots and kettles out there, lol.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about your love for the Mexicanos and their work ethic. A lot of them do break their fucking backs out there, doing essential work. They're alright you know, and there's some shared old west culture with rodeos and what not. I'm far less fond of US-born chicano subculture, at least the bullshit overt gangbanging aspects.
Yeah. Living in Texas for close to 8 years now has completely changed my view to Mexicans.

There are no harder working people on Earth.

We have shared values across the board.

Weed out the bad actors and incentivize a million and Juan Mexicans to come over.

I like the idea of more manufacturing jobs but just disagree with the report. Sounds like it completely negates the advances in automation alongside adding in technical white collar jobs in the manufacturing industry. Jobs that will also look completely different in a decade.

Yeah. Living in Texas for close to 8 years now has completely changed my view to Mexicans.

There are no harder working people on Earth.

We have shared values across the board.

Weed out the bad actors and incentivize a million and Juan Mexicans to come over.

I like the idea of more manufacturing jobs but just disagree with the report. Sounds like it completely negates the advances in automation alongside adding in technical white collar jobs in the manufacturing industry. Jobs that will also look completely different in a decade.

I'm a little skeptical myself; we shall see (and relatively soon). My OP's often have huge walls of text about the topic - just wait for the 4th of July thread lol - but I'm holding off on giving any strong opinion here. It's a report that Deloitte and the Manufacturing Institute collaborated on.

Back