Who should Chris Weidman fight next?

Who should Chris Weidman fight next?

• Total voters

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Weidman had the opportunity to go out on top (despite the controversy of the eye pokes etc) last night in the very city he started his MMA career in back in 2009. However Weidman has said he plans to keep fighting. Who should he fight next?

UFC isn't gonna hand him "easy fights" but they could give him ones that are somewhat winnable like they did with Bruno Silva or they could put him against fighters who are likely to finish & make a name off him, which direction do you think they should go?

Put him in with Edmen. Edmen might crumble him in the first, but if he survives he could get a nice highlight finish.

Good suggestion, I like it. It's a winnable fight for Chris if he gets his wrestling going & Shahbazyan gasses out as usual.

I know a guy

zass.jpg

Someone who eye pokes him multiple times. Watching Weidman break his leg like Silva did after he talked all that crap was good but he needs another humbling.

We’ve seen him quit before in there but I’d like to see him get TKO’ed by eye pokes and retired for his post fight behavior, for karmas sake.

Chris made 500k last night so I can understand why he wouldn't retire. The right way is to use his name to put somebody else over.

Michel Pereira, Ikram Aliskerov, Joe Pyfer, or Shara would be my picks. Of course Bo Nickal would work too.

Chris made 500k last night so I can understand why he wouldn't retire. The right way is to use his name to put somebody else over.

Michel Pereira, Ikram Aliskerov, Joe Pyfer, or Shara would be my picks. Of course Bo Nickal would work too.

Yeah since he won't take the storybook ending of sorts he was offered last night the UFC should serve him up to somebody like those guys. Pereira & Aliskerov are way too explosive for Chris though lol they would probably nuke him within 2 minutes.

Back