Who is the worst possible matchup for Chimaev at MW?

Diamond Dalas and Israel

So what you're trying to sell me right now is khamzat never KO'ed anyone with 1 punch that landed?

Also, wtf is this stillframe shit showing nothing that you posted? lol

Regardless, he clearly 1 punch KO's Gerald and no amount of bs stillframe image showing nothing will change that fact. He also 1 punch KO'ed MW Ikram Aliskerov but I am guessing since he threw more than 1 punch that fight, you don't count that as a 1 punch KO either.....
I was being sarcastic. Gifs aren't working or at least for me. I use to be able to just copy them in but it posted as a still so I tried the link and it said I couldn't do it yet it posted 2 more pics.

khamzat's gas tank sucks. i don't think he wins his next fight against forest whittaker.

i don't see khamzat beating vetori, cannonier, izzy, or dolittle as they are huge.

his best matchup is probably strickland or michel pierrara

We honestly don't know how he is as a contender. He keeps fighting these 3 rounders where he looks spent at the end of the fight. So far it seems like he either blows you out in the first or he racks up a lead and gets tired towards the end of the 2nd or 3rd. There is a lot of potential but a lot of unknowns.

I can see him running through Whitaker but I can also see Whitaker comfortably taking a decision after surviving the initial blitz.

only matchups he’s had trouble with: covid, staph, weight cuts and mental health.

Everyone else losing to him has looked inevitable

He got dropped against till and loads of others if I'm not mistaken, there's always at least one time in a fight where he takes a shot and does a dance.
So getting hit by a big shot and not getting KO's = Chinny?
Winning fights after getting hit with a good shot is clear evidence of having a chin isn't it.

Rob & Paulo, guys with great TDD who are very good strikers. I think Rob is more chinny but he's got better cardio than Paulo, both guys are tough matchups for Khamzat IMO

only matchups he’s had trouble with: covid, staph, weight cuts and mental health.

Everyone else losing to him has looked inevitable
I thought he did enough to beat Burns & Usman, but those fights were not blowouts by any means, both very competitive fights

Rob & Paulo, guys with great TDD who are very good strikers. I think Rob is more chinny but he's got better cardio than Paulo, both guys are tough matchups for Khamzat IMO
Agree, I think real MWs that are strong, athletic, explosive (not striking, but able to explode and stand up out of bad positions or defend takedowns), with decent stricking and good volume/output are all bad matchups for gourmet Chen Chen.

Hands down Whittaker. Elite TDD, better on the feet, and more experienced.

I think stylistically Khamzat matches up very well against most MWs. His athleticism and wrestling will be problem for most. However his biggest weakness is his gas tank. He's the best 1 round fighter in the UFC but after 1 round he starts looking human. Anyone who survives the 1st round - DDP, Whittaker, Cannonnier, etc - has a real shot of beating him.

Whittaker has the best TDD in the top 5.
He's also got better kicks and footwork and probably gas tank too.

He's got worse chin, toughness and wrestling.

I'm unsure of boxing, power and speed.

DDP, Cannonier and Strickland have bad TDD. Well, maybe not bad, but certainly not good enough in this matchup.

So yeah, it has to be between Whittaker and Adesanya?

DDP would rek him

Vettori doesn't have that good of a TDD. It's 69%
He got taken down by Cannonier 4 times.

But he is the toughest MW out there based on the strikes he absorbed to the body against Costa and head strikes he absorbed against Cannonier.

So yeah, I could see him surviving the first few rounds and winning the rest of the fight.

Wouldn't hold those 4 takedowns against him too much, he fought half dead for almost 20 minutes.

I actually thought it was Usman and he already won that fight.

But did he though....did he...

11 days notice ...WW Usman ...looked like he was more then what full camp Khamzat could handle in there ...

I would be very interested in seeing a full camp rematch...for 5 rounds...

Just saying...

if you defeat Romero twice, you are the real test

DDP. By far.
Whittakers second though.
Costa third.
Izzy/Cannonier fourth.
Then Vettori.
Then the rest.

DDP is freakishly big and strong, has excellent game planning, great cardio, and a chin to boot.

I could see a close first round, but Chimaev will gas hard in the second and be finished by the third.

Whittaker is also an awful matchup, but with a less strong chin there's a possibility that Borz finishes him early.

Edit: Ah, I forgot Strickland. IDK, his gets ups looked really good in the DDP fight, but his TDD looked not amazing (not bad though). Hard to have great TDD with that stance. I think I'd rank him fourth with Izzy and Cannonier.

Last edited:
Back