Opinion What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you? And how do you see it being great again?

Is it historically more affordable as a percentage of income to buy a home than it has been?

Why do you keep lying?
What lie do you think I told? You're just making the accusation because you were busted, aren't you?

You have to compare apples to apples. Or you do if you actually care about getting things right, which you never do. When were median real wages higher than they have been over the past decade? What's the magical era when you think America was richer than it is now?

I've read a dozen books on the subject, and Canadians OFTEN know more about your history than you do. Especially the civil war, which we're taught without the propaganda and the necessary myth of American Exceptionalism.

And honestly, Canadian history is boring as fuck. I read more American history because it's a lot more exciting.
A dozen books and your assessment doesn’t include preservation of the ideals of the constitution? Forgive me if I don’t believe you.

Understood. Are you able to provide any data that shows the proportion of people whose living standards have risen compared to those for whom they have fallen over time has grown greater?

Speaking again of the large rise in the rate of people using food banks around here, (and if the case is substantially different in the US I'd like to see data for that also,) what data is there to show the increase in working poor depending upon food banks is more due to population growth than a real increase in poverty?
Yes. What are you disputing?
That is, if more people are depending upon food banks, there are demonstrably more people in total who are worse off than they were before. But has the proportion of such people to the general population changed or is it just due to more people overall?
I don't know that more people are depending on food banks. Real wages are higher up and down the distribution and the safety net has gotten stronger over time.

Jack wants to pretend that a trillion dollars added to the debt every 100 days isn’t a big deal with a hand wave of “oooooh big number bad!”.
Jack said in this thread and others that we should be looking to reduce deficits, you liar. What do you get out of constant dishonesty?

Jack said in this thread and others that we should be looking to reduce deficits, you liar. What do you get out of constant dishonesty?
I would post that one quote about anti-Semites and delighting in frivolous arguments, but I think you know it by heart.

I think the US and Canada both need to put more money back in the hands of working people. There are people busting their asses 60 hours a week just to stay above water while the government and industry circle and take bite after bite out of their paycheque. You give people a little extra cash and they start thinking about the future instead of just today.

Just to be clear: Of this set; [0, 4, 2, 7], 7 is the highest number. However, that does not imply the claim that 7=infinity.

Similarly, saying that the material living standards of Americans is higher now than it was in any other period in history does not imply that 100% of the population feels that they are not struggling to pay important bills or that all items are more affordable than ever.

You literally responded with a statement belittling the trillion dollar in debt every hundred days with a “big number bad” comment.

No one was trying to preserve the ideals of the constitution during the civil war? I don’t presume to know what Canadians are all about but please stop pretending like you what the American Civil War was.
I've read a dozen books on the subject, and Canadians OFTEN know more about your history than you do. Especially the civil war, which we're taught without the propaganda and the necessary myth of American Exceptionalism.

And honestly, Canadian history is boring as fuck. I read more American history because it's a lot more exciting.

The accusation of being Canadian or having it pointed out in the midst of an argument might just be the most common 'insult' thrown around on here daily. You can go into any number of threads and observe it. 😂

You literally responded with a statement belittling the trillion dollar in debt every hundred days with a “big number bad” comment.
That's dumb analysis, but I do support deficit-reduction measures. I note that you opposed just improving enforcement of existing tax laws.

The accusation of being Canadian or having it pointed out in the midst of an argument might just be the most common 'insult' thrown around on here daily. You can go into any number of threads and observe it. 😂
I think it's weird that so many Canadians are rabidly partisan Republicans, and I think that some misunderstanding about the state of the economy comes from the fact that the U.S. economy has been doing way better than Canada's, which I don't think some Canadians realize.

I’m glad you also think so. I’m glad you want to walk it back.
Huh?

You didn't answer my question about what you get out of your constant dishonesty.

You also didn't comment on your opposition to deficit reduction and belief that we shouldn't enforce laws against rich people.

@Jack V Savage:

"No you! Why aren't you ashamed of being the thing you accuse me of? I think you know you're 'dishonest/hack/bad faith', which is why you don't agree with me. Beep, boop, beep."

You are the bland wallpaper of this forum.

This is F'd up.

How can you think so little of us? 😭
Not to derail this thread but... From what I have seen from all of the foreign movies that got dumped into Netflix these last couple years (due to writers strike) it really made me appreciate American movies more.
A pretty good one though, tbh. 😅
I had no problem with it

You can be a liberal, know all our faults, and still love your country.
This is ungodly rare. I live in the bluest area of Indiana (and even then it's still just purple). Biden and Trump flags in front of so many houses. Let me ask you this... take a guess how many Biden flags had an American flag on/next/near it.... ZERO. So what does that tell you have liberals.

Not to derail this thread but... From what I have seen from all of the foreign movies that got dumped into Netflix these last couple years (due to writers strike) it really made me appreciate American movies more.
This is the "why am i getting so many gay ads" theory.
You're getting bad movies from outside the US because that's what Netflix decided is the level american Netflix viewers are at.

How about when our govt and public servants stop thinking they can keep mushroom stamping the Constitution

Especially the 1st, 2nd and 4th amendments

Back