Opinion What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you? And how do you see it being great again?

Fascist is just another word that has lost its meaning because dummies throw it around without really knowing what it means.
Toss that one in with Racism, Nazi, Pandemic and Supremacist......All mean nothing at this point in time

With the advances in technology and production along with global trade relations we should be greater than ever for everyone. A lot of politicians have been captured by billionaires so many suffer instead.
Give people free health care, public transit, fair wages and education.
One party is barely making a dent and the other is trying to send us in the opposite direction.

Hard working, personal responsibility, honesty despite feelings, help those willing to help themselves, liberty at all costs, English speaking, encouraged legal immigration from beneficial individuals, no perpetual handouts, not accepting criminality and expecting severe punishment for repeat criminals, live and let live where one is only affecting oneself, less government, states governing their populations, belief in protecting and maintaining borders, pledge of allegiance, fiscal responsibility, from my cold dead hands, no more excessive taxation as theft, total transparency of what little governance is required, civility...
That is an awesome blueprint for America and what it should be and is meant to be..

A nation or country can have an identity in and of itself. This national identity encompasses the collective characteristics, values, beliefs, and cultural elements that distinguish it from other nations. It is shaped by historical events, social practices, languages, religious beliefs, and symbols that represent the nation. This identity is often reflected in national narratives, traditions, and the shared sense of belonging among its citizens.

For instance, Japan's national identity is characterized by its unique blend of traditional culture and modern technology, strong social cohesion, respect for authority and order, and deep-rooted customs like tea ceremonies and festivals. These elements collectively define Japan's national identity, distinguishing it from other countries.

The national identity of the United States of America is a complex and multifaceted concept shaped by its history, cultural diversity, values, and symbols. Key aspects of American national identity include:

1. **Values**:
- **Liberty and Freedom**: A foundational element of American identity, emphasizing individual rights, freedom of speech, and the pursuit of happiness.
- **Democracy**: The commitment to democratic governance, civic participation, and the rule of law.
- **Equality**: The belief in equal opportunity for all, though the historical and ongoing struggle for civil rights reflects the complexity of achieving this ideal.

2. **Cultural Diversity**:
- The United States is known as a "melting pot" or "salad bowl" of cultures, reflecting the contributions of immigrants from around the world. This diversity is seen in American cuisine, music, languages, and religious practices.

3. **Historical Events**:
- **American Revolution**: The fight for independence from British rule established the principles of liberty and self-governance.
- **Civil Rights Movement**: The struggle for racial equality and justice, led by figures like Martin Luther King Jr., significantly shaped modern American identity.

4. **Symbols**:
- **Flag**: The Stars and Stripes represent the union of the states and the values of the nation.
- **Statue of Liberty**: A symbol of freedom and democracy, welcoming immigrants and representing hope and opportunity.
- **National Anthem**: "The Star-Spangled Banner" expresses pride and patriotism.

5. **Civic Traditions**:
- Celebrations such as Independence Day (July 4), Thanksgiving, and Memorial Day reinforce national unity and historical memory.

6. **Economic and Technological Innovation**:
- The spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, exemplified by the rise of industries like technology and entertainment, is a key component of American identity.

These elements collectively define the national identity of the United States, characterized by a commitment to democratic ideals, cultural diversity, and a historical narrative of striving for freedom and equality.

Just a few easy examples
This is a bot's output.

I dont have contempt, I just like to laugh at them. In there ultimate quest to be trolls and trigger the libs, they ended up becoming a punch line, without even realizing they are the punchline. Unintentional Comedy is my favorite kind of comedy.
Just when I think the average Trump Lickspittle could not debase themselves anymore, after the NFT's , gold sneakers, Bibles, they start wearing gold diapers, because the guy they worship has to wear a diaper. That is peak level comedy right there.
So anytime I see TDS posted by a MAGAdogger, I secretly know they are gotten too. Right after I see TDS posted, I picture the poster doing this.
FatGuyAngryAtComputer.gif

Talk about projection

lol...

<CerseiPlotting>

I dont have contempt, I just like to laugh at them. In there ultimate quest to be trolls and trigger the libs, they ended up becoming a punch line, without even realizing they are the punchline. Unintentional Comedy is my favorite kind of comedy.
Just when I think the average Trump Lickspittle could not debase themselves anymore, after the NFT's , gold sneakers, Bibles, they start wearing gold diapers, because the guy they worship has to wear a diaper. That is peak level comedy right there.
So anytime I see TDS posted by a MAGAdogger, I secretly know they are gotten too. Right after I see TDS posted, I picture the poster doing this.
FatGuyAngryAtComputer.gif
This guy is psychotic, bragging about paranoid delusions.

Talk about projection

lol...

<CerseiPlotting>
The funny thing is the majority of people that are going to vote for Trump because they like how he ran the country and thought he did a good job don't talk about Trump half as much as the people that actually suffer from TDS and can't go a whole day without mentioning his name.

Toss that one in with Racism, Nazi, Pandemic and Supremacist......All mean nothing at this point in time
"Idiot", however, remains meaningful. Trump supporters fly that particular flag with some frequency.

"Idiot", however, remains meaningful. Trump supporters fly that particular flag with some frequency.
And that didn't take long for someone to prove my previous post...laughing.

Make america 2018 again

Either overt Fascism or fake populism depending on the context of how its brought up.

Also fuck Biden. Biden and Trump supporters blaming each other for the failings of capitalism are the same person. They think they aren't but they are.

Huh? So believing a nation has an identity is now facist?

Why did you take what I said and turn it into what I didnt say?

National identity is not merely pure collectivism, or the idea of adhering to the national identity over the individual identity.

A Nation's identity should encompass individual identities.

Notice you still haven't answered the question. What is your "National idnentity"...? What are the ramifications for that and who gets to determine it?

P.S. - one of the Hallmarks of fascism is the suppression of the individual interests for the perceived good of the Nation. I.E. you cant be you because it's an over all negative for the Country. For all the dummies who claim that anyone who utters the word fascism is a dummy who doesnt know what it means.

What's your "National identity"..? Just curious.

lol...

My family came from Italy in the 20's, moved to Durango, CO and are all proud Americans. They served in WW2, Korea and Vietnam. I have nephews and nieces who served in Iraq and Afghanistan. My great aunt is 96 and still lives in the same house she lived in as a toddler.

She hosts an annual Italian dinner with all the surrounding Italian families (around 200 people show up) for 40 years and after 9/11, she has everyone say the Pledge of Allegiance before serving everyone. She's a treasure and everyone who's from there knows who she is.

I feel strong ties to my Italian roots, but I'm 100% American. Our system of government has issues, lots of issues, but I feel it's still the best in the world, or in history. There's a reason people around the world give up everything to migrate here with nothing but the clothes on their backs.

There's hardly no other place where someone can pull themselves up from almost nothing and live a better life than 90% of the rest of the world's population. Even the homeless have better lives than most.

Only the most entitled claim to hate living here or are embarrassed to be American. They have zero frame of reference of what the rest of the world is like.

Ask 1st Generation Cuban migrants (I know several here in Houston), ask 1st gen Mexican immigrants. My former business partner came from the Island of Dominica in the 80's and he's proud to have moved here with nothing and raise a family here. I'm dating someone who is from Peru. She came with nothing and is now a L&D nurse, making a great living. She would say she's Peruvian, but her kids are 100% American.

What are you asking here?

Why did you take what I said and turn it into what I didnt say?

National identity is not merely pure collectivism, or the idea of adhering to the national identity over the individual identity.

A Nation's identity should encompass individual identities.

Notice you still haven't answered the question. What is your "National idnentity"...? What are the ramifications for that and who gets to determine it?

P.S. - one of the Hallmarks of fascism is the suppression of the individual interests for the perceived good of the Nation. I.E. you cant be you because it's an over all negative for the Country. For all the dummies who claim that anyone who utters the word fascism is a dummy who doesnt know what it means.
My national identity or the national identity of the country in which I live?

Either overt Fascism or fake populism depending on the context of how its brought up.

Also fuck Biden. Biden and Trump supporters blaming each other for the failings of capitalism are the same person. They think they aren't but they are.
Capitalism is awesome, though. And Fascism sucks (and it's just one form of populism, which is also terrible).

Capitalism is awesome, though. And Fascism sucks (and it's just one form of populism, which is also terrible).

No its the root of all evil. If you are okay with shareholders making a profit you are evil. Period.

Yeah Fascism does suck you should stop supporting it. Capitalism and Fascism basically come hand and hand. Capitalisms just fascism with a smiley face. Saying one is awesome and the other sucks is very ideologically dishonest when capitalism is fascisms biggest supporter always has been always will be.

Back