What Are You Listening To? (Vol.50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're calling a 67 year old man a good kid, I can only imagine how old you are.
He was a grade behind me at Carle Place HS. Quiet guy, very focused.

Funny story:

At lunch, a group of us including Joe sometimes, would get high grab lunch at a little house turned into a
deli called Libero's and then go to Joe's house. He would play a Hendrix LP on his parents' funky wooden console thing
and play wicked air guitar. He later of course translated that to actual guitar. I mentioned it to him once and he laughed saying 'yea I was pretty good'.

He was a grade behind me at Carle Place HS. Quiet guy, very focused.

Funny story:

At lunch, a group of us including Joe sometimes, would get high grab lunch at a little house turned into a
deli called Libero's and then go to Joe's house. He would play a Hendrix LP on his parents' funky wooden console thing
and play wicked air guitar. He later of course translated that to actual guitar. I mentioned it to him once and he laughed saying 'yea I was pretty good'.

Legend has it he was playing football in HS and he quit the day Hendrix died. Is that true?

Legend has it he was playing football in HS and he quit the day Hendrix died. Is that true?
lol, I've heard that story. joe was a scrawny 120 lbs, not into sports of any kind. urban legend stuff I guess.

just like the story that was floated for a while about him growing up in Berkeley.

he did live for a while on Haste St in Berserkley after he toured with the Stones and he invited me in to hear a demo tape he made.

smh, a long way from air guitar. I was blown away tbh.

last time I saw him I helped him unload his own equipment before playing the old Keystone on University Avenue.

(the venue later became a Thrifty Junior of course)

Last edited:

haha had such a thing for Chrissie in the 80s.
actually met her briefly backstage during a show at the Henry Kaiser in Oakland.
the leather pants were a real thing.
all I could manage was 'hi'.
n00b!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back