UFC Title Trivia Thread

Hmm…. I think Joseph benavedus might have 6. 2 to Dominic Cruz, 2 to Mighty Mouse, 2 to figararo. Quite possible my count is off (Not 100% sure he fought Cruz twice), or maybe someone has more than 6
Edit: some of the Cruz loses would have been in WEC, probably both of them.
That's a really good guess. But, I believe both Cruz fights were WEC, and before they were officially UFC fighters. Also, I am not sure if the first Cruz fight had a title.

I'd guess this is still Randy. He lost to Ricco, Vitor, Brock, Chuck x2 and Barnett.

Not sure. Maybe Woodley?
That's a great question. I have been busy so I bet someone else answered but I'm going to see if I can figure it out.

Final Answer:
I'm going to guess Randy has another one I am forgetting and go Randy Couture with 6.

The prime suspects that come to mind are

Randy
BJ
Uriah Faber (I bet he would be #1 if WEC was included, he lost 3 over there I think)
Joe B

BJ- 5
Jens 1, Hughes 2, GSP 2, Frankie 1&2
And a draw with Caol Uno

Randy- 5 I can think of
(I'm shaky on 90s era)

HW
Brock, Josh Barnett
LHW
Chuck 2&3, Vitor

Faber 4 UFC 7 Zuffa
Renan Barao 1 2
Dom Cruz 2 & 3
(Plus 3 losses in WEC brown 1 2 & Aldo)

Joe B-

Holly
Meisha, Nunes, GDR,

Tim Sylvia-
Mir, Randy, AA, Nog
Yup, The Natural racked up those title losses.

It was a unique question, I liked it.

For the next one, this person fought outside the UFC in the fight immediately prior to winning a UFC title. Outside of five fights, they spent their entire career in the UFC and had multiple title defenses. Their first successful title defense was against someone who was coming into the fight with only one loss in over 30 fights.
I had an answer to this. But, then I realized he fought outside the org right before he defended the UFC title in his first UFC match.

Jen Pulver hit a BAD skid on his way out the door.

Ronda didn't fight multiple tines.

I'm gonna go with Jens Pulver
You had the correct answer he was looking for, but Ronda fits the bill as well. It says undefeated up to their last successful title defence, not until they lost. And multiple losses since then. As such Ronda hadn’t had multiple losses since her first loss, but she did have multiple losses since her last title defence. Her title loss, plus Amanda nunes.

mayhem miller.
This is correct.

Lost to GSP in his first welcome to the UFC.

Came back years later as a huge star after hosting Bully Beatdown and coached TUF against Bisping, lost and sent packing to start a life of crime.

0-2 UFC. Faced 2 future champs.

Sorry for delayed reply. Getting my affairs in order before surgery today.

This is correct.

Came back years later as a huge star after hosting Bully Beatdown and coached TUF against Bisping, lost and sent packing to start a life of crime.

Good luck on your surgery

Renan Barao moved up and, though he lost ALMOST all his post title reign fights, he did manage a W against Felipe Nover.

Conor was NOT who I was thinking of... however technically I guess that answer is also correct.

Max won a UFC fight at 149 pound catchweight and Volk won a UFC fight at 150 catchweight. These are technically considered and recorded as "catchweight" even though they fall within the range 146-156 of lightweight, so you are correct. (Though I suppose you could make an argument that 150 pound catchweight is a weight class above FW)

<JackieThumbsUp>

As such, the floor is your to ask a question. And Kudos for a good answer which I had not thought of. I am learning a lot of cool stuff in this thread.

There is another champ, which is the fighter I was initially thinking of, who is the only UFC champion in his weight class to ever win a fight in the weight class to win in the weight class above his title winning weight class, including catchweights, as in that instance there were no catchweight victories by any other champion.
My last right answer/chance to ask a question I have saved up.

Q: I hold the record for the fastest submission in title history and my super stardom helped revolutionize the UFC.

Ps @jeff7b9
Hope your surgery goes well.

My last right answer/chance to ask a question I have saved up.

Q: I hold the record for the fastest submission in title history and my super stardom helped revolutionize the UFC.

Ps @jeff7b9
Hope your surgery goes well.
Ronda rousey 14 second armbar over Cat Zingano.

Thanks

I might keep this one up and running

Q: I have wins over UFC champions from the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s. I also have a different link to a UFC Champion from the 2020s. Who am I?

Bump- @jeff7b9

I have two wins over Matt Hughes that took a total of 37 seconds. Who am I?

My MMA record is 0 -1 with that loss being to Chris Lytle. Who am I?

I was arrested for spray painting the capitol building and once got naked to protest a loss in a grappling tournament. Who am I?

This is correct.

I watched that recently, commentators were shocked that GSP was taking him down so easily, was weird, he must have just started getting good at it around then.

I watched that recently, commentators were shocked that GSP was taking him down so easily, was weird, he must have just started getting good at it around then.

Funny you mention that.

Yesterday or the day before, the GSP v Mayhem fight popped up in my YouTube feed and I gave it another re-watch.

Mayhem did a lot better than I had remembered. He definitely got his ass kicked, but GSP was finishing a lot of high levels dudes in that phase of his career.
Sherk, Hughes, Trigg, Jay Heron.
Mayhem did not quit, did not look for a way out and was never really in danger of being stopped from what I saw (I did have some distractions)

Between UFC 48 and UFC 83 GSP finished 6 of his 8 wins.

Bump- @jeff7b9

I have two wins over Matt Hughes that took a total of 37 seconds. Who am I?

I was arrested for spray painting the capitol building and once got naked to protest a loss in a grappling tournament. Who am I?
Dennis hallman

Ronald Jhun (had to look him up lol)

Jeff monson?

Dennis hallman

Ronald Jhun (had to look him up lol)

Jeff monson?
1- correct and pretty amazing

2- No. This person's entire MMA record is listed as 0-1 though he may just be a mysterious legend.....

3- correct. Monson spray painted the capitol building and seems to have gotten naked multiple times when upset with the judges.

Bonus info- Monson & Hallman had legendary prank wars seemingly won by Hallman via Opposum TKO!

i lived with Joe Rogan at one point
I never fought in the ufc but have fought Sherk, josh Thomson and crazy horse
my sensei tried to get me to kill someone in a murder for hire plot and eventually killed the guy himself
latter I killed a guy in a road rage confrontation
Who am I?

I might keep this one up and running

Q: I have wins over UFC champions from the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s. I also have a different link to a UFC Champion from the 2020s. Who am I?

This one's vague, so I'm not sure. I know that Matt Hughes would qualify regarding the wins over champs spanning the 90s, 00s, and 10s, but the link to a 20s champ is too vague to know what you have in mind.

Pretty sure someone brought him up in that recent "MMA Records" thread. It's Beaver Beaver, aka Beaver 😁

i lived with Joe Rogan at one point
I never fought in the ufc but have fought Sherk, josh Thomson and crazy horse
my sensei tried to get me to kill someone in a murder for hire plot and eventually killed the guy himself
latter I killed a guy in a road rage confrontation
Who am I?

Woah, now this is an old school question about an old school fighter. This one's Gerald Strebent. I didn't know he lived with Rogan, but I believe it since he was one of Eddie Bravo's OG students. Not as high profile as Lee Murray or War Machine, but I remember this story.

Back