PBP UFC on ESPN 54 - Blanchfield vs. Fiorot Official PBP Discussion: Sat. 3/30 at 7pm ET

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She tried grappling every round. Manon's just too big and strong and shrugged her off every time.

Honestly, she should've let Manon take her down again. Manon went for several takedowns herself and Blanchfield defended them. Maybe she should've just conceded the takedowns and try to scramble.
I’m watching from work and had to take my eyes away here and there. A shame. Good work by Manon.

She made the weight and showed up. cope harder

I'm not even a EB fan, look at my post history, but this was ridiculous. One looked like a natural 125er, the other looked like she should be fighting Cyborg.

Don't want to hate too much... Gonna hate a little bit tho lol. So many strikes hitting the air and the ones that did land had 0 power on them, Fiorot threw about 4 million hooks and none of them looked good or powerful. She seems to lack that killer instinct too, looked more like she was sparring. The fight was alright tho, IG it's just hard not to compare the WMMA fights with MMA fights since they are on the same card.

Also I'm comparing it with like actual good male strikers, perhaps we should all remember Ben Askren exists... The striking in this fight wasn't that bad. It's just the power, ferocity and accuracy were all lacking imo.

Not when she's killing foo's, but it kinda looked bad for her tonight!
If she continues to evolve she has 2-3 year run. Manon can't stay at this weightclass forever. Max fighting Justin SMH. At least Max has had some time now. Max will eat some shots and maybe cutting less works. I really will be sad if Max gets KTFO.

No. female fighters are here to stay and main event cards. You can cry about it with the rest of incels here
but thats not going to change anything.
dude you are without a doubt the actual biggest incel here. go watch wnba noob.

Rashad should just shave his head. He is crazy with that fake hairline.

God, I hate Manon's style, but she completely shut erin down, so good on her.

Erin needs to re-think her striking coach lol.
She has been striking for a long time. I guess she just isn't good at it. I think she has some amateur MT fights too.

The warroom cross overs are interesting and also predictable. The fight sucked ass for 1000 reasons but to put it simply the skill level is amateur male MMA level with almost no power. They hit like prepubescent boys as one poster said. The in fight game planning was non existent outside of run at her more. It was just a trash fight.

Outstanding dominant performance from Manon Fiorot. She used her footwork, distance control and strong jab to keep Erin Blanchfield off balance throughout the fight. Fiorot proved stronger than Blanchfield - at times just throwing her to the ground - and had excellent reads on potential takedown attempts. Effectively prevented Blanchfield from developing any consistent rhythm.

I feel Fiorot deserves a title shot against the winner of Grasso vs. Shevchenko. She's an excellent athlete with great striking and takedown defense. Proved tonight that cardio over five rounds isn't difficult for her. She was was still running around shadowboxing after earning the unanimous decision.

Back