This is how Mike Perry vs Michael Jai White fight would go

I may have missed it. What's the most relevant quote where MJW fancies himself a legit fighter?

Wow you must be such a badass.

Sure, but that’s besides the point. All I’m saying is that to teach something, you need a good amount of experience in said thing. Whether it’s face-punching or pottery. I didn’t realize that this was to be a controversial opinion on here.

I think JCVD is one of the only legit martial artists that can fight.

He told Perry to come to his gym and he’d love to show him. Perry being that badass street dude that he is, would rather fight old people at ihop and random drunk joes than to step to a real martial artist who called him out. Perry knows if he loses he would slip into depression.

if you just size them up side by side, MJW dwarfs perry and is as fast. Just because they fight in the UFC doesn’t make them the end all be all of fighting. Anthony Smith could barely handle a random crackhead…and he is a top ranked ufc fighter. Theres no rules in the street, and theres hardly the element of surprise in cage fighting as you already know and study your opponent. MJW may have some srcrets that would surprise people.

also, lots of techniques were abandoned in the early UFCs because people thought they were bad or didnt work. The first high kick landed in the UFC was pete williams vs Mark coleman, and he knocked out the dominant wrestler with it. Now people do tons of flashing spinning shit that was once thought of as useless movie stuff.
I’ve sparred plenty of traditional martial arts guys in the gym, and my first ammy mma fight was against a karate black belt. They’re vulnerable to the same things every fighter is...head movement..pressure..feints..good footwork etc. I think virtually any martial art loses to an mma fighter in an mma fight.

Ok so every bjj school who has an instructor who never fought is teaching garbage?
Every bjj teacher I've had has competed. It's almost a requirement in most schools. You shot yourself in the foot, mate.

I saw a vid a few years ago or so of MJW sparring Klitchko.

If MJW fought Perry, my money is on MJW.

Bullshit lol

MJW has tons of footage of him sparring all kinds of elite fighters. It's just not publicly available because reasons.

Every bjj teacher I've had has competed. It's almost a requirement in most schools. You shot yourself in the foot, mate.
Competing in bjj, is not fighting. Theres lots of instructors that have never been punched or kicked. How are they able to teach self defense?

I’ve sparred plenty of traditional martial arts guys in the gym, and my first ammy mma fight was against a karate black belt. They’re vulnerable to the same things every fighter is...head movement..pressure..feints..good footwork etc. I think virtually any martial art loses to an mma fighter in an mma fight.
Your last line makes no sense, as mma fighters use all of said martial arts. My point is that MJW could beat mike perry who really isn’t that good, lets be real. Just because he has the title of “ufc fighter” doesn’t mean he’s a world beater, you can find a guy like him at every local mma circuit.

Competing in bjj, is not fighting. Theres lots of instructors that have never been punched or kicked. How are they able to teach self defense?

Wow you mean bjj isn't street fighting? Omfg!

Bro no matter how you try to spin it, MJW has never faced a skilled opponent who was resisting and fighting back at full speed. Full stop.

Wow you mean bjj isn't street fighting? Omfg!

Bro no matter how you try to spin it, MJW has never faced a skilled opponent who was resisting and fighting back at full speed. Full stop.
He has gotten in a real fight before so youe comment is wrong. He just doesn’t fight professionally for peanuts, he makes way more doing movies and doesn’t have to look like this to be tough:91DEC9A3-29E2-4073-95B8-96E4F030CAA2.jpeg

He has gotten in a real fight before so youe comment is wrong. He just doesn’t fight professionally for peanuts, he makes way more doing movies and doesn’t have to look like this to be tough:View attachment 874031

Right, just like all the sparring he has done which conveniently no footage exists of.

I know it sucks when you grow up and childhood is ripped from your soul, but MJW is a 50 year old, steroid balloon muscled actor.

Right, just like all the sparring he has done which conveniently no footage exists of.

I know it sucks when you grow up and childhood is ripped from your soul, but MJW is a 50 year old, steroid balloon muscled actor.
You can’t accept that someone who doesn’t fight in the UFC can beat mike perry lol

You can’t accept that someone who doesn’t fight in the UFC can beat mike perry lol
lol has sherdogger here who is a professional fighter and has more credibility than MJW 0 fights, he being afraid of having his face destroyed/crushed in mma proves that he is a non-fighter actor.

lol has sherdogger here who is a professional fighter and has more credibility than MJW 0 fights, he being afraid of having his face destroyed/crushed in mma proves that he is a non-fighter actor.
No it proves he is smarter, makes more money, and his health isn’t compromised. Most UFC fighters are broke. If MJW trained wanted to fight mma he would do well. Look at great athletes that have come into mma with barely any background and beat several top guys. Bob sapp is one. Brock lesnar only wrestled, yet he was dropping heath herring with punches

Or he went where the money was. He certaily enjoyed a far better movie career than Wilson or Wallace ever had.
You white knighted him by trying to excuse his lack of full contact experience, by falsely asserting he had no real venue available to pursue it. When corrected on this, instead of staying quiet, or admitting the error, you moved the goal post so far it is on a different field.

See, the real fighters I mentioned became famous for fighting, THEN were in movies. MJW did bit role and extra work, before getting a big break with the Tyson role. Fighting career is error 404. And how could he go where the money was before he knew he would make it as an actor? Meanwhile he was playing tip tap in the smallest rinky dink tourney I have ever seen, and could have been also taking full contact fights like many semi contact competitors did in the 80s.

Dude is a movie star, not a fighter. And all of these "He sparred with this fighter, or that fighter" are comedic. Do you think any of them try to touch him up? He can get you easy work in his movies, and hanging around with celebs is always good for the image. On his end, they lend him credibility which helps sell his movie persona. Which is evidently working brilliantly, based on some of the hurr durr replies in this thread by his admirers.

Yes, I’ve sparred for years. Boxing, full Standup, full mma.

Hammerfist to the clavicle? Isn’t that a legal technique in mma?
Don't know. Where the fuck did I ever claim it wasn't?

That's a logical fallacy. We are talking about MJW beating Perry, not Michael Venom Page.

Both Page and Perry would destroy MJW in seconds.

Stop making Strawman fallacies, stop moving the goalposts.

MJW never fought a fully resisting opponent, at full speed, in any reasonable combat sport or martial art. And if you or him want to claim as much, then feel free to show the video.

Don't know. Where the fuck did I ever claim it wasn't?
c’mon. Don’t get so defensive. I’m not trying to gang up on you here.

I asked because I’ve never seen such a strike in mma and if it’s legal and effective I’d assume we’d see it. You agree?

That's a logical fallacy. We are talking about MJW beating Perry, not Michael Venom Page.

Both Page and Perry would destroy MJW in seconds.

Stop making Strawman fallacies, stop moving the goalposts.

MJW never fought a fully resisting opponent, at full speed, in any reasonable combat sport or martial art. And if you or him want to claim as much, then feel free to show the video.
Why does every fight have to be on video? MJW has been in real fights before, they were really real, like no referee, no one to say start, no one to break it up. If tank abbott hadn’t entered the ufc and you saw him somewhere you would probably think he cant fight because theres no footage of him street fighting lol

Back