Sean Strickland Explains What Differentiates Him From Israel Adesanya

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
sean-strickland-yell.jpg

Sean Strickland still doesn’t think highly of Israel Adesanya’s approach to life.

Strickland went hard at Adesanya with his trash talk even before they were matched up during the UFC 276 presser in July 2022. He later landed a title shot against Adesanya by a stroke of luck, replacing an injured Dricus Du Plessis at UFC 293 in September 2023.

Strickland vocally questioned Adesanya’s lifestyle in the lead-up, targeting everything from his painted nails to his love for anime. While Adesanya vowed to knock his opponent out, Strickland emerged with a unanimous decision triumph in one of the biggest upsets in recent memory.

“Tarzan” is now slated to defend his strap against Du Plessis (20-2) at UFC 297 at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Adesanya is potentially looking to return to the Octagon in the second half of the year. The former middleweight champ was also recently arrested in New Zealand for driving under the influence. Strickland has now questioned Adesanya’s lifestyle yet again, also detailing how he differs from the Nigerian-born Kiwi.

“At some point, we all lose. You can be like ‘Izzy,’ laying in a bathtub of flower petals and you could have an entourage of people following you around, but at some point, sometimes I make fun of you for having sex with your dog. Then you’re gonna crumble as a human being and get a DUI. That’s just not me because like, I’m level,” Strickland told ESPN.

Ya ok, shut up Sean. We all appreciate you beating Izzy, but then you went and discredited everything you claim to stand for when you threw a tantrum as soon as someone gave you a taste of your own medicine.

the differences is One is a stand up guy who you could trust your life with and is all in all a good person
while the other is Sean strickland. I need not say nothing else cause strickland already told you who he was
so.. that said I still want soy boy strickland to TKO DDP.

I'm a big Strickland fan and have been for a while but Izzy was a 2x champ with 5 title defences. Regardless of how much I dislike the guy, I don't think Strickland won a mental game he was just a hard counter to Izzys style.

Sure Strickland beat Izzy but it's not like he's shown the same mental fortitude yet since he hasn't even defended his belt yet. Hell he even threatened to stab DDP which is far more unhinged than Izzy's rant.

sean-strickland-yell.jpg

Sean Strickland still doesn’t think highly of Israel Adesanya’s approach to life.

Strickland went hard at Adesanya with his trash talk even before they were matched up during the UFC 276 presser in July 2022. He later landed a title shot against Adesanya by a stroke of luck, replacing an injured Dricus Du Plessis at UFC 293 in September 2023.

Strickland vocally questioned Adesanya’s lifestyle in the lead-up, targeting everything from his painted nails to his love for anime. While Adesanya vowed to knock his opponent out, Strickland emerged with a unanimous decision triumph in one of the biggest upsets in recent memory.

“Tarzan” is now slated to defend his strap against Du Plessis (20-2) at UFC 297 at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Adesanya is potentially looking to return to the Octagon in the second half of the year. The former middleweight champ was also recently arrested in New Zealand for driving under the influence. Strickland has now questioned Adesanya’s lifestyle yet again, also detailing how he differs from the Nigerian-born Kiwi.

“At some point, we all lose. You can be like ‘Izzy,’ laying in a bathtub of flower petals and you could have an entourage of people following you around, but at some point, sometimes I make fun of you for having sex with your dog. Then you’re gonna crumble as a human being and get a DUI. That’s just not me because like, I’m level,” Strickland told ESPN.

Strickland just got confused and thought he was sparring in the gym because Izzy was trying to fight technical.
Strickland is the GOAT at sparring so he won the felt. DDP will actually come to finish him, so we will see the return of Strickland jabbing backwards and just trying to win rounds.

DDP just has to tell Strickland to call him "Daddy" and Strickland will lose it worse than Izzy ever did. Weird thing to say about Izzy after he asked his opponent to not say mean things anymore.

Back