RIZIN FF 47 June 9th Horiguchi vs Pettis & Kleber Koike vs Archuleta

They don't deserve your money. They probably don't even want it. Do you really want to pay to see Horiguchi get schooled by Mini Pettis again?
I appreciate your altruism

Seems like this card will be a bit more international than 46

Interested to see what level of foreign talent they get for Rizin, or if some of these guys are just bums to be fed to the Japanese fighters

Last edited:
Seems like this card will be a bit more international than 46

Interested to see what level f foreign talent they get for Rizin, or if some of these guys are just bums to be fed to the Japanese fighters
The international talent has been anywhere from "good enough to fight in the UFC" (Roque Martinez, Manel Kape) to UFC/Bellator LHW champ (Jiri/Nemkov). They've got some guys from outside of Japan on the roster now who would handle themselves just fine in the "big orgs," Kolesnik from the card the other night is one I'm high on, and Tofiq Musayev, who has fought in Bellator, has been mostly pretty stellar, only having lost to Satoshi (RIZIN LW champ) and Shabliy (Bellator standout, probably future PFL champ) in recent years, and winning the RIZIN LWGP by beating three known commodities in UFC vet Damien Brown (who was on commentary the other night), UFC veteran Johnny Case, and Bellator legend Patricky Pitbull. Satoshi and Kleber are Brazilian expats who have won belts in RIZIN.

People here like to complain that there is no international flavor to RIZIN, and, while it isn't what PRIDE was, and covid really stiffled it for a while, there has been plenty. The international fighters simply don't have the names relative to the ones who fought in PRIDE, bc RIZIN is developing them and creating their names. Sakakibara is one of the best eyes for talent in the game, so if you see a foreign fighter with a decent record on one of the cards, more often than not, they're pretty good.

They don't deserve your money. They probably don't even want it. Do you really want to pay to see Horiguchi get schooled by Mini Pettis again?

"Get schooled again"?? Gucci was dominating the fight until Pettis landed that backfist

Any idea how to actually get tickets for these events?

I tried to get a ticket for a gig on there last year, turned out there was no way to do it without actually being in Japan unless you had a Japanese address, it was bizarre.

Are there resellers for the tickets or something?
I'm in the same boat. For the last card they had a separate link for international fans to buy tickets from. It opened a bit later than the general sale for Japanese fans so I'm hoping it's going to be the same for this card. General sale for Japanese fans started on April 28th.

I wonder if they do international ticket sales depending on if it looks like they are going to sell out or not. I sent a question to them via their website's form so I'll let you know if they reply.

RIZIN has a formula for these event posters in the same way the UFC does, but their's is much more visually appealing. I like that everyone on the main card is shown, and especially when it is alongside known names. Give some gravitas to all of the people on the main card, not just the ME or CM. Japan still just flat out does this better.

Be careful there were some stuff that happened when ppl bought the last event
I don't think there were any issues on April 29th. At least I didn't have any nor did I see anyone complaining on PBP thread.

I've been out of the Rizin loop for a bit. Has there been problems ordering their shows?

I definitely want to watch this one with the PBP but only if it's live.
I went to their site to purchase Landmark 9, was led to believe that was what I was purchasing, ended up purchasing Landmark 8 and Landmark 9 wasn't going to be watchable until two days after the fact. Was very fucked up about the whole thing.

RIZIN 46 was able to be watched in real time, and I decided that I'd just throw them the $20/month and maintain a subscription, so I can just watch everything and not have to decipher what I'm paying for. The streams themselves aren't bad, about as good as what we've been used to with previous RIZIN shows.

Back