"Poatan" Pereira vs Prime Rumble

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who wins this one?

Essentially Light Heavyweights version of Ngannou vs the greatest kickboxer to ever fight in the UFC. Who do you think takes this one?

Good fight. Pereira is just a higher level striker and Rumble probably couldn't get away with power alone. However Rumble has the wrestling and even was trying to take DC down, probably could win that way. Think even if they both were in their primes the inevitable result would be Rumble via wrestling.

Rumble has one round to win. Alex has 5. Don’t know if Rumble had dealt with the powerful yet effortless leg kicks that Alex throws. I’d have bet on Alex.

Rumble always has a chance but Poatan is just the far better technical striker.

if we all had to say ONE thing about Alex, well, I guess the majority would talk about his power.

hes much more than that, tho. Distance management, feints, sense of opportunity, composure, and i could go on.

if its a standup fight, he most likely smokes Rumble, who would have a punchers chance, as well as anyone who is willing to stand and bang with him. You rassle this guy, or at least mix it up. Toe to toe, he will drop you.

Last edited:
How is this even a question? Rumble had probably the greatest power in LHW history. There is no fucking way Pereira's chin holds up. The only question is whether it ends in R1 or R2.

Rumble could rassle when evenly matched on the feet. Usually guys good enough to hang with Rumble standing weren’t good enough to avoid a rassle rape. So Rumble wins.

Rumble beats every 205lber ever except bones and DC...he koed gustaffsson,lil nog, and glover in one round ffs

How is this even a question? Rumble had probably the greatest power in LHW history. There is no fucking way Pereira's chin holds up. The only question is whether it ends in R1 or R2.
Rumble was rocked and dropped to shit in his last fight against a weak bjj guy, and was scared shitless to stand with MW vitor. Alex kills him

Rumble was rocked and dropped to shit in his last fight against a weak bjj guy, and was scared shitless to stand with MW vitor. Alex kills him
is DC known as a weak bjj guy now? I get his commentary is balls but cmon now. That Vitor fight was ages ago. We could also express Alex's loss to Izzy and a random 170 lber that couldn't crack it in the ufc to discredit him too.....

is DC known as a weak bjj guy now? I get his commentary is balls but cmon now. That Vitor fight was ages ago. We could also express Alex's loss to Izzy and a random 170 lber that couldn't crack it in the ufc to discredit him too.....
No not dc- his last fight ever in bellator. Dc rocked his shit for sure in the rematch but that was on the ground n pound not stand up.

I think Rumble does the smart thing and gets Potan tired against the cage then takes things to the ground.

Because he was completely washed up in his last fight, hadn't fought in 4 years... and still won. His stint at MW lasted for 2 fights and he immediately went up to LHW and looked terrifying. That was his true weight class and only the absolute elite stood a chance against him. Pereira's chin ain't holding up to Rumble's power. No one "killed" Johnson at LHW. He lost to arguably the greatest LHW of all time and that's it.

Because he was completely washed up in his last fight, hadn't fought in 4 years... and still won. His stint at MW lasted for 2 fights and he immediately went up to LHW and looked terrifying. That was his true weight class and only the absolute elite stood a chance against him. Pereira's chin ain't holding up to Rumble's power. No one "killed" Johnson at LHW. He lost to arguably the greatest LHW of all time and that's it.
U think rumbles chin will hold up to pereira? Please

Rumble is way too powerful and aggressive for Poatan imo. Bad bad matchup.

U think rumbles chin will hold up to pereira? Please

When did Rumble show a fragile chin? He was never KO'd, only ever stopped due to stamina issues which seemed to be largely dealt with at LHW. Getting dropped in his last fight after being out for 4 years and totally washed up isn't evidence.

If it's a title fight Rumble is gonna choke. RIP to the guy but it is what it is.

Back