PFL 2024: Week 1

Uber Vassell at dog odds vs Goltsov seems good to me, Denis' bottom game can't handle good wrestlers and I doubt he'll find a finish here.

Also considering Blagoi just due to his chin and Sergei being one of those KO machines with no gas.

Uber Vassell at dog odds vs Goltsov seems good to me, Denis' bottom game can't handle good wrestlers and I doubt he'll find a finish here.

Also considering Blagoi just due to his chin and Sergei being one of those KO machines with no gas.
Screenshot_20240401-105829~2.png

A couple of small bets for some action.

Seems like a tough card for betting.

Interesting line on Golm vs James. If I remember the first fight correctly Golm was up 2-0 before getting melted. Not sure how I want to play this one.

Interesting line on Golm vs James. If I remember the first fight correctly Golm was up 2-0 before getting melted. Not sure how I want to play this one.
Fortune is fighting James, he also got melted after winning the first so it sorta applies though.

I want to like PFL but this is the worst opening I can remember si ce they got Pettis a few years back.

Feel dirty but I have to play Blagoy at 2.4. I kind of hope I lose because I'm a Bilostenniy fan and Blagoy is boring as shit but he's got the chin to eat his punches and take advantage of his gas tank which has always been his Achilles heel.

That Meredith/Johnson line has shifted a lot in the last 24 hrs. Injury to Meredith or something?

Marcelo Golm Vs Daniel James.PNGMarcelo Golm (10-4) Vs Daniel James (14-7)

The featured prelim will be a short notice rematch from the Bellator 293 Main Event where James won by KO after arguably being down 2 rounds.

While he was down 2 rounds, he was never in extreme danger in the bout and showed he can finish the fight at any moment.

James was an underdog back then and he is the underdog again tonight.

While Golm is the younger man by 11 years, I have to believe that James will be coming in very confident for this bout.

Despite being 42 years old, he has not been truly finished since 2017 and has picked up a number of KO finishes.

I have never been too impressed with Golm, as most of his wins have come against subpar opponents.

I believe if Golm is to win it will be via decision but I am backing James to get it done again.

I think he will finish him much earlier this time, potentially even in the first round.

Pick: Daniel James ML (+125)

Played Shanna Young & Dmitre Ivy.

Young's opponent Watanabe is a 0 on the feet and despite what her record says very clearly lost her last fight to a significantly worse striker than Young. If Shanna can use her footwork to avoid the takedown, as she did a good job of for most of the first round against Maverick, she should win comfortably if not stop Watanabe late.

Ivy's opponent Lucas Brennan has amazing BJJ but the takedowns are not nearly as smooth and he has no boxing just kicks. His opponent despite only having 3 knockout wins has significant punching power and a GLORY kickboxing background; I think he can knock Brennan out and if not he can win a DEC if he keeps it on the feet. It is a longshot but at nearly 10-1 it was an easy bet imo. Ivy's record is deceptive because 6/7 guys he has lost to are UFC guys or ACA mainstays.

R1: Meredith (one-sided)

Live betting is available already on offshore books.

Back