• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Nate Diaz Vs Jorge Masvidal Boxing Fight Announced - 175Lbs - June 1st

Sounds like UFC 244 to me.
UFC 244, but now with even more rules and bigger gloves, and the fighters are 5 years older and more washed up. Just wait until the Tim Sylvia/Randy Couture rematch in powerslap.

This could sell over 9 PPVs.

Are both these guys out of their UFC contract? Or is Dana allowing this?
Nate is out, considering he went and boxed Jake Paul, Masvidal is still under contract but they are letting him do this.

He’s puffed up a fair bit before and always made weight, even on short notice (the first Usman fight, right?)… I think he still can do it. There’s plenty of time to diet and then make the cut (waterloading etc). He’s got the experience, that’s for sure!

But yea
<Steiner01>

I've been watching Masvidal long before he was in the UFC (shout out to Miami Hustle!) and he's never gotten fat like this.

Kind of shocking to see honestly, but if you know Mavidal's history, it shouldn't be that surprising.

mas beat his ass last time but mas also used some really nice kicks, knees and elbows to fuck nate up. we will see what happens

This is lame , if it was mma it would be slightly interesting even though there both pretty washed , now is when they both start threatening each other and waving gang signs y try o try to generate interest

You doubt a guy can lose 25 pounds? U know there are guys who put more weight on than that after weigh ins

You are referring to fighters doing a water cut. Masvidal would probably need a water cut to make light heavyweight right now.

He'll need to shed 20lbs of fat to get in range for his water cut fight week.

It is both surprising to me he got so extraordinarily overweight and that he agreed to 175lbs.

For the uninitiated, Masvidal has long had discipline problems with food. I expected him to get big after retirement, but not turn into a middle aged fat guy. Kind of wild, we'll see what happens.

Are both these guys out of their UFC contract? Or is Dana allowing this?

Nate fought out his contract and is a free agent. The UFC famously booked him against Khamzat in nonsensical fight to punish him and damage his brand. Typical of them to try and lower the value of anyone who fights out their contract

Masvidal is still under a UFC promotional contract, and is getting permission to box.

Let's hope Nate wins so that we avoid the inevitable calls for a "BMF unification" with the Max-Gaethje winner.
Even though they may still consider doing that but with Nate <Prem974>

10k PPV would be a literal Christmas miracle.
View attachment 1034487
Ngannou vs Fury did 67k PPV buys

I hate Fury but that is misleading as the fight was broadcast at stupid time in the US (2pm?) as the Saudi's don't need PPV buys to pay their fighter purses.

If this is at the right time slot it'll easily do 100k you underestimate how big Jorge is/was in the UFC and we all know Nate has a legion and f brain-dead wannabe street thug fans.

I hate Fury but that is misleading as the fight was broadcast at stupid time in the US (2pm?) as the Saudi's don't need PPV buys to pay their fighter purses.

If this is at the right time slot it'll easily do 100k you underestimate how big Jorge is/was in the UFC and we all know Nate has a legion and f brain-dead wannabe street thug fans.
there's no way this will do 100k. the price point is way off and it's not marketed by the ufc. i'd be shocked if it did 50k.

This shit is going to be so bad, it could possibly kill boxing as a sport.

Back