Most pathetic excuse for a loss

Didn´t JDS come up with some crazy bullshit after a loss? Seem to remember it involved creatine maybe? Anyone?

Didn´t JDS come up with some crazy bullshit after a loss? Seem to remember it involved creatine maybe? Anyone?
"Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine level was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys. The explanation of the doctors is that I pushed over the line, I overtrained and problems could have happened even before the fight…I was so good that I ended up crossing the line."

However, despite these physical maladies, dos Santos primarily blames the loss on his head being elsewhere.

"[The kidney and creatine issues] was the explanation of doctors. Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight."

JDS did whine about Gane hitting him in the back of the head.
6ltJPoB.gif

You know what's more pathetic than excuses for a loss? Ducking. Making excuses for not fighting someone that everyone else in the world thinks it makes sense for you to fight.
"Champs" making excuses for not fighting the legit contender, is easily the most pathetic thing in pro fighting. Jon Jones has nothing but excuses for not facing Pavlovich or Aspinall.
Cheating and lying about cheating is also up there. Just as pathetic, actually.
OK..... But that has nothing to do with this thread

Deontay wilder blaming his walkout suit draining his energy, and accusing his own coach of drugging him between rounds against fury (fight 2). Oh, he also accused fury of having his fist set in the neck of the glove and he was also holding egg weights during the fight. No mma fighter has ever come close to this level of delusion and saltiness! Take a bow bronze bomber

"Soon after the fight I went to the hospital and had a scan, which showed my creatine level was too high. The normal level is up to 300, mine was in 1400. I also had trouble in the urine and kidneys. The explanation of the doctors is that I pushed over the line, I overtrained and problems could have happened even before the fight…I was so good that I ended up crossing the line."

However, despite these physical maladies, dos Santos primarily blames the loss on his head being elsewhere.

"[The kidney and creatine issues] was the explanation of doctors. Mine is that I was not good with my head, was having personal problems and did not go well mentally in the fight."

6ltJPoB.gif
I'm a Gane fan, but in his finishing sequences against JDS and Tai there were clear hits to the back of the head.
For the thread, not MMA but Deontay Wilder claiming the reason he lost to Fury was because his entrance costume was too heavy was just otherworldly moroniscism.

Name a fighter who made up pathetic excuses for a loss. Ronda and Jamahal Hill most recently.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as pathetic as Nate's reaction to his fight with Josh Thomson:

"The last guy I fought, Josh Thomson, he was scared shitless when I was fighting him. It's unbelievable how scared he was in there. He was making bitch ass lady sounds and that's not bulls--t. I'm not here talking s--t on him, this is reality. He was making woman sounds. He was running out of the clinch. I hit him in the face and he was going "Oh, oh, ehh" making woman sounds I've never even heard out of a man before during a fight. I'm hearing his corner telling him to smile and I'm like, "Yeah, smile mother f--ker" and not a single smile came out of his mouth. He had a look of panic the whole fight. You have to be in there to fight these guys to know that. This is how it went. I've seen him in other fights, he was smiling at the other guy, bouncing around. He didn't have no time for that against me. He was frantic and trying not to get his ass whooped."

This was before his star power blew up so maybe that's why he got a pass.
That was probably the most one-sided beatdown of Nathan Diaz's career -- he was out and his corner even threw in the towel. He really doesn't have any legs to stand on with regard to his thoughts on Thomson. Thomson beat him everywhere in that fight. I like Nate, but he got absolutely worked that fight.

I'm a Gane fan, but in his finishing sequences against JDS and Tai there were clear hits to the back of the head.
For the thread, not MMA but Deontay Wilder claiming the reason he lost to Fury was because his entrance costume was too heavy was just otherworldly moroniscism.
There's a particularly large and loud section of MMA fans who think that if a foul isn't "fouly enough" or if it's in any way partly caused by an action of the victim, then it's not a foul.

Yeah, JDS was standing and facing 90 degrees away from Gane and was even slightly turning further away, and fully had the ability to turn back. And yes, maybe the brunt of the forearm was borderline
iqJkETc.png

But that does mean that the point of your elbow, on follow through, is almost directly in the back of their head.
4mwJYoj.png

I mean, it's just... pretty clearly illegal? And yet, I had so many people arguing that it wasn't. Idk
sSll8WF.png

There's a particularly large and loud section of MMA fans who think that if a foul isn't "fouly enough" or if it's in any way partly caused by an action of the victim, then it's not a foul.

Yeah, JDS was standing and facing 90 degrees away from Gane and was even slightly turning further away, and fully had the ability to turn back. And yes, maybe the brunt of the forearm was borderline
iqJkETc.png

But that does mean that the point of your elbow, on follow through, is almost directly in the back of their head.
4mwJYoj.png

I mean, it's just... pretty clearly illegal? And yet, I had so many people arguing that it wasn't. Idk
sSll8WF.png
100% illegal IMO The thing with the JDS argument people had was JDS moving and turning that way at exactly that time, and of course a still frame of the shot can be much more effective at showing the strike than video/gif.

In my opinion the hammer fist donkey Kong clubbing hand he hit Tai with was much more egregious. Could have put a nail through Tais entire head with that shot alone.

They both point to Ganes tendencies to eother lose control in the finishing sequences which I kind of doubt as he seems intelligent, or he's a sneaky boiScreenshot_20240429_125651_YouTube.jpg

Back