Ketamine infusion treatment

I hate Ketamine never had a good experience with it when I partied in my 20s. Shit high.

To each his own.

As someone who has done pretty much every drug you can think of, I disagree.

Ketamine offers something in terms of the power/strength/intensity of the "mind bending experience" that even some of the best of the best can't really touch. It will test your fortitude, and take you to a level of altered state that is other dimensional.

Not for everyone that's for sure, but I actually thoroughly enjoy the experience, particularly within the right context. When I was using it as a party drug I would never probably bother with it as a stand alone but it was fucking phenomenal as a level up to an acid or MDMA experience. Particularly when I had reached the level of experience where the individual drugs by themselves really couldn't take me to any new level of enlightenment or intensity anymore.

I can certainly see how it wouldn't be someone's cup of tea though.

To each his own.

As someone who has done pretty much every drug you can think of, I disagree.

Ketamine offers something in terms of the power/strength/intensity of the "mind bending experience" that even some of the best of the best can't really touch. It will test your fortitude, and take you to a level of altered state that is other dimensional.

Not for everyone that's for sure, but I actually thoroughly enjoy the experience, particularly within the right context. When I was using it as a party drug I would never probably bother with it as a stand alone but it was fucking phenomenal as a level up to an acid or MDMA experience. Particularly when I had reached the level of experience where the individual drugs by themselves really couldn't take me to any new level of enlightenment or intensity anymore.

I can certainly see how it wouldn't be someone's cup of tea though.

Absolutely to each their own. This is just my personal experience. I know there are plenty of people who love Ketamine. Which is fine, nothing against you or anyone who uses it for medicinal or recreational or wherever use.

It's all good in the hood.

One of my absolute favorites and my go to for calming relaxing music (along with Ella Fitzgerald, particularly Ella with Joe Pass)

Funny story, I discovered Ludovico from a UFC video of golden age stars (Randy, Chuck, Wandy, Shogun, Fedor, Nog) kicking the shit out of eachother.

It was one of the most violent MMA videos, showing these stars at their monuments highs and would crushing lows, laying unconscious on the mat, and the backdrop was this beautiful piano music.

And I'm a piano player and instructor...
And a bit of an mma fan.

____

PS. That photo is like a weigh in day photo at the end of a hard camp.
Due to being injured I am not quite there right now, but the goal is definitely to get back there as close as possible.

Pss- I am also way behind on his albums, but might catch a new song here and there on a streaming service. He seems pretty consistent to me.
Ironically I found him around 15 or more years ago when Evan Tanner died and someone posted a tribute reel to him with, I think it was Divenire on here and I was hooked.
He has had a considerably high output of material over the last 6 to 7 years.

Ironically I found him around 15 or more years ago when Evan Tanner died and someone posted a tribute reel to him with, I think it was Divenire on here and I was hooked.
He has had a considerably high output of material over the last 6 to 7 years.

It is a beautiful juxtaposition to have the most peaceful tranquil music play behind the most carnal and violent sport.

I saw him live at a small venue in NYC with my mom. Probably about 10 years ago. Great show. Mostly just him solo piano but her brought out a few strings for a handful of numbers.

Lights go off after everyone's drip is started, 2-4 patients in the room, 8am-noon. We each have reclining lazy boy type chairs. Nurse on hand to monitor vitals (blood pressure, heart rate, etc) but she leaves you alone for the most part.

I did create my own little private party with a gummy and music with visualizer.
Tripped balls on Wednesday when they doubled my dose and I added the gummy for the first time, maybe the hardest trip of my life, I have had some doozies but not in a decade or so. It was pretty wild.
What's it like being with strangers in a room together? How far away are they? Do they annoy you?

What's it like being with strangers in a room together? How far away are they? Do they annoy you?

Short/TL;DR = basically everyone just zones out and sleeps. Once the meds kick in you are in a sedated state similar to surgery anesthesia.

So there was another woman there all week, she has been going there for many years and I had a couple conversations with her and her father. They were pretty cool and they had some useful tips and advice based on their experiences.
(For example, the male nurse sets the drip at a faster pace, so on days he is there, I can expect it to kick in faster and be a harder/heavier experience as opposed to a more drawn out pace. Let's say the effect is similar to the difference between taking shots of hard liquor vs drinking beer. Knowing this, I chose the day he was there to add the gummy to the mix and had a fucking blast and tripped HARD.)

Once the IV drip starts (maybe 5-10 min after arrival) I would relax, put on my headphones and zone out. She seemed to be basically doing the same.

We both wear sunglasses when we arrive and look to get comfortable and chill, listen to music.

The chairs are spaced out reasonably far apart, so she was maybe 15-20 feet away.

No one sat in the chair directly adjacent to me.

Maybe because I am a pretty big dude or I have a really really high opiate tolerance (I don't know if that affects ketamine tolerance to be honest) I was able to function to a certain extent on some days, sit up, operate my tablet and phone, play chess, etc. But from my observations everyone else appeared to just sleep and or rest the whole time. All the other patients that I saw were females, and 5'5 or less.

We are supposed to be taken out in a wheelchair, presumably in part for liabilty reasons, as the treatment can REALLY affect balance and motor control, but I was actually stable enough on me feet to walk out on my own most days. One of the nurses will not allow that at all, the others were fine with it once they saw I was steady on my feet, though they did walk with me just in case.

Both the doctor and the nurses seemed pretty surprised to see me walking around, I got the impression that is not a common occurrence. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, at one point while I was playing chess during the treatment a nurse came over to me and told me to stop, with an implied tone of "what the fuck are you doing and how are you even awake, let alone operating a tablet and playing chess?" (And winning!!)

So yeah, everyone was cool for the most part.
No one talked aside from during the first few minutes or maybe the last few upon entry/exit, basically because you are high as giraffe pussy.

Last edited:
Day 6 baby.
Here we go

Day 6 update:

Dude nurse was there today and will be back weds. He sets up the drip to hit harder and kick in faster. I dig that.

I ate 2x 5mg gummies today and had a jolly good time.

Recovery time is getting very rapid.
Walked myself out, no wheelchair.
Stopped for coffee on way home and got out of car and made my yummy coffee + vanilla cappuccino + int delight French vanilla. So good.

Played harmonica and piano for a bit in my empty living room (house has been under construction).

Hit up physical therapy and went HARD today for the first time since starting this treatment. Lifted hard, 2 sets of every muscle group, close to failure, then PT stretches and assisted lifts where my PT person is assisting exercises to work on strengthening amd lengthening my range of motion.

Heat and stim on the shoulder now.

I feel fucking good.

I had a few really long and focused harmonica woodshedding sessions and I have finally gotten to the point where I feel that I have gotten the instrument fully memorized in all 3 primary positions (and now working on fluidity and speed of playing any common scale or mode out of each position).
That instrument* is pretty much unlocked for me now.

By "unlocked" - I mean I am at the point where I know all the patterns, chord and scale shapes, thru every register of the instrument and I can navigate them all fuildly at a decent speed.
I know where I am at all times and know where I am going both by sound and scale degree and place within chords or arpeggios.
When i think a note or a riff in my head, my body produces thst note or riff intuitively with accuracy

*in the custom tuning I play in, which I now have a full 13 harp set of.
(Low F - F#)

Current study is working on learning sort of the opposite of the normal way of playing..

For example, generally harmonica players play:

1st position : Major aka Ionian

2nd Position : Mixolydian/ Blues

3rd Position: Minor / Dorian

So i have been working

minor and blues out of first position. Harmonic minor works great.

Minor and Ionian 2nd position

Major* and blues, maj pentatonic

sort of forcing myself to know this this from every angle, and not leave any opportunities for unfamiliarity.

I'm also starting to work on learning some John Popper (Blues Traveller) Harmonica parts. I've got the main harmonica riff down for "But Anyway" and the intro solo for "Run Around" 85% down.

Popper plays WAY more Major and happy than my comfort zone so I am using him as a way to make my weaknesses into my strengths.

Last edited:
Reactions: 666
Day 8

No solid food today. No appetite.

Yesterday I ate one apple and cheese on a single piece of bread.

Starting weight was in low 230s, maybe 232/233

Today: 222

Kind of hoping that after back to back days of easily walking on my feet with balance and wherewithal that they quit fucking around and give me a big boy dose. But I can't exactly tell the nurse:
"Lady, I CAN HANDLE MY DRUGS, let's skip this courtship bulllshit and GET DOWN"... but I have my doubts how well that would go over.

Back