Jon would be a complete idiot to not take the Stipe fight if he's getting paid 15 million for it

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Obviously even a dominant win over Stipe does jack shit for his legacy, but if he's getting 15 million for it, then why in the hell wouldn't he want this? The fight should be a gimme and Jon will be a shitload richer after it. If he really does retire afterwards instead of unifying, then he'll have a bad blemish on his record, but the bottom line is that even though the Stipe fight doesn't make sense from a sports perspective, it sure as hell makes sense for Jon.

The UFC seem determined to make Jones vs Miocic happen. I think it's shameful that the UFC would let Aspinall defend his interim title, and not force Jones to defend against Aspinall. However, the consideration is always the same: Money.

At this point I'm not sure what the UFC is thinking. I think Jones vs Aspinall sells about as well as Jones vs Miocic, and the former bout has far more legitimacy (assuming Aspinall makes it past Blaydes).

My conspiracy theory here is that the UFC are grooming Aspinall to take over heavyweight after Jones retires, and they are afraid Jones will beat Aspinall. In that case, it might make sense to let Jon have his money fight and then retire.

Would he be an idiot to refuse Tom for 15 million?

We will never be interested in asspinal fight.
Stop trying to force it. Dana knows.

"Jon would be a complete idiot to not take the Stipe fight if he's getting paid 15 million for it"

It's a complete idiot of a fight.

"Jon would be a complete idiot to not take the Stipe fight if he's getting paid 15 million for it"

It's a complete idiot of a fight.
That's the UFC's fault. It's pretty hard to fault anyone for accepting terms that are beneficial to them when it basically comes to anything in life. What fighter on this planet goes and says to the UFC "Hey yo, I want the hardest fight for the least amount of money. I got some trolls who hate me on the internet saying I'm ducking."

Back