Jared Anderson vs Deontay Wilder added to Aug.3rd LA Riyadh card

The Saudis are really saving boxing. Literally all the big fights are made by them nowadays.

I think it’s likely that zhang flattens wilder in June. Very unlikely that this happens imo

I think it’s likely that zhang flattens wilder in June. Very unlikely that this happens imo
I think it could go either way, but that's assuming we are dealing with the same Wilder.

Those losses might have destroyed Wilder's delusional confidence. It might sound ridiculous, but I think that his nutty self confidence was as big a factor in his success as his right hand was. If that has totally deflated, then he has no chance against Zhang IMO.

I think it could go either way, but that's assuming we are dealing with the same Wilder.

Those losses might have destroyed Wilder's delusional confidence. It might sound ridiculous, but I think that his nutty self confidence was as big a factor in his success as his right hand was. If that has totally deflated, then he has no chance against Zhang IMO.

I think zhang is (on paper) a favourable match up as he’s a big lumbering giant with slow feet and a huge head to aim at. The issue though is zhang is so much better as a boxer, many levels above! and he almost hits as hard as wilder. He’s longer, is a southpaw and has a better chin. He’ll take wilders power better than the other way round. If wilder can survive till the second half of the fight then he has a good chance of koing zhang. I strongly favour zhang to stop him before he gasses himself out

Let’s be honest, a very large part of wilders success was his opponents and who he was matched with. Him and his team ducked everyone and only stepped up against rehab fury. And even then he needed hometown judging to keep his title. For a 50 fight pro who held the wbc strap for about 10 defences, his resume is embarrassing but that’s why he’s had the success he’s had.

Last edited:
remember what happened the last time Wilder had a big fight scheduled before he fought the guy in front of him?
Pepperidge Farm remembers. and so does Joseph Parker.

87ec8df7dc7d6b3b262de59b093fbe1a

People have always overrated Wilder, even at his best he could be a mess waiting to be saved by the laser right, I think Zhang has the chance to KO any version of wilder just like wilder has a chance to KO any version of Zhang, to me that fight is about as 50/50 as it gets, especially with how both looked in their last fights.

But this fight vs Anderson is smart, he fights the canniest of cans, the guy is sloppy and would get destroyed by any good heavyweight but wilder is at a point of his career where if he lost to Anderson I wouldn't be that surprised.

But why not make the winner of wilder/zhang vs anderson instead? any specific reason? Or is it just because they know zhang would destroy Jared?

Mo Salah is trying to pull off some big fights these days

This fight isnt happening, if Wilder gets past Big Bang, he will be fed to Joshua, i dont think he is good enough to beat either of them

I'm not sure Anderson deserves this fight, even if it is a big 'if' that it actually happens. His last fight was pure fucking crap.

Back