DUNE: PROPHECY (First Teaser Trailer, post #27)

They should merge the sisterhood with the all female Ghostbusters crew.

Then I'm in

They should merge the sisterhood with the all female Ghostbusters crew.

Then I'm in
In terms of the factions in Dune's universe, this particular group of women are at the top of the pecking order for a large chunk of history. One of the first book's major developments is that a male finally exceeds them in ability.

The cheap manner in which the Ghostbusters remake tried to cash in on girl power isn't really comparable.

I'm on Heretics of Dune now and loving it, so I'm excited to see more Dune properties. It's also one of the first times that I'll have read the books before seeing anything on film. I think the universe itself may not lend itself well to film at times, though. I can't imagine anyone making God Emperor of Dune into a great, let alone successful film.

Because why not make a series about this order of politically powerful and ambitious semen-acquiring-for-breeding-purposes zealots from space who want to give birth to Apex Jesus.

Update: May 15, 2024

First Teaser Trailer for DUNE: PROPHECY; Coming This Fall on Max

10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides, before the universe knew them as the Bene Gesserit... The new Max Original Series Dune: Prophecy is streaming this fall on Max.

Teaser makes the show kind of look on the cheap tbh. Doesn't look like anyone from the new movies are associated, at least looking on imdb, so maybe I'm wrong.

Hope the pilot, and then the show, proves me wrong here.

yippee another streaming service

10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides, before the universe knew them as the Bene Gesserit... The new Max Original Series Dune: Prophecy is streaming this fall on Max.

A series dedicated to the formation of the Bene Dessert Order was nowhere near the top of my list in terms of Dune spin-offs but since it is HBO, I am going to watch it.

The Dune universe is set up with a lot of Game of Thrones type elements (complicated and ruthless political machinations carried out by people in fancy costumes who occasionally have magical powers) and HBO has shown that they can execute that type of series exceptionally well

I was hyped but than after watching the trailer I was like meh.

Wont judge till I watch the show but I'm definitely interested in more lore in this world. If it's done well of course.

Wait, it's a prequel? Why didn't they just use one of the books in the series? If the wanted women themed, I think the third book Paul's sister comes into her own and is the real bad ass of the family.

Wait, it's a prequel? Why didn't they just use one of the books in the series? If the wanted women themed, I think the third book Paul's sister comes into her own and is the real bad ass of the family.
It is based on the books, just not the original Frank books. It's based around one of the prequel series written by Frank's son.

And you seem to be misremembering the plot of Children: Alia is not the real badass of the family, she's
a tragic failure who is overcome by the genetic memory spirit of Baron Harkonen.

Just rewatched Dune 2 yesterday and it's a masterpiece... but this trailer does nothing for me: no hint of plot or characterization and Dune 10.000 years before looks disappointingly similar to Dune "now"... (I personally hate it when fantasy/sci-fi worlds barely change across thousands of years)

I'd rather have seen a series cover some of the stuff the movie didn't have space for: navigators guild, mentats, great houses etc.

But ok, it's just a trailer. That stuff might still be in there. We'll see.

Pretty sure they want to save those for film adaptations. I know Denis V is out after Messiah but if public interest/opinion of the franchise is still high I could definitely see them finding a new director to make Children of Dune

Looks like more girlboss bullshit.

Based on Brian Herbert book, not Frank. Maybe derivative like Rings of Power.

Back