Rewatch Chris Leben vs. Wanderlei Silva

I remember back in the early days of Leben that the guys he'd fight would say he hit like a truck. The dude deserves his own Just Bleed meme.

I remember that fight well as I watched it live. I thought for sure when Wand started his blitz that was gonna be it for Leben. When Wand got rocked he of course decided to swing for the fences instead of covering up like the maniac that he is.

The Cyborg-Nunes fight kinda resembles this fight (and not because Cyborg resembles Wand) , with Cyborg winging punches, getting countered and rocked, and then swinging more before getting KO'd
<DontBelieve1>

Wanderlei should've went back to Japan where the competition is a little easier.

Something was wrong with Leben in that Stann fight. Go back and watch his walkout. He looked like death warmed over. I think the guy had the flu or food poisoning or some shit. He looked AWFUL and I don't mean like in bad shape or anything like that, I mean he looked like he was sick as a dog.
That rings a bell. However I also remember Stann throwing heat in that fight and also landed a hellacious body kick that obviously hurt Chris.

Shit I remember this fight being much longer.

There was just a different energy to fights at that time. Even hearing Goldberg's 'here we go' and Rogan freaking out, feels so much more authentic than how UFC is presented today. Is it just me, or does anyone else feel the same?

What an ugly fight for Wandy. By that point in time the general consensus was that Silva was passed his prime but should have had enough in his gas tank to beat Leben. Leben was known for his chin but prime Wanderlai had a great chin too. Seeing Wandy crumple so easily was disappointing but then again his performance against Rampage 3 was just as bad.

I remember that fight well as I watched it live. I thought for sure when Wand started his blitz that was gonna be it for Leben. When Wand got rocked he of course decided to swing for the fences instead of covering up like the maniac that he is.

The Cyborg-Nunes fight kinda resembles this fight (and not because Cyborg resembles Wand) , with Cyborg winging punches, getting countered and rocked, and then swinging more before getting KO'd
CHutebox style.

Always thought Cyborg could beat Amanda with some caution, tire her out and then beat her.

I Yike at this fight, wand should have never really fought at 185

Back