• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chinese Road to UFC Fighter Spits on Japanese Opponent Multiple Times

Cut Rong Zhu?

• Yes

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • No (but feed him to an elite lightweight killer, then cut him)

Votes: 41 36.0%

• Total voters
I know Dana is a weak man, but this is racism.

It's not just nasty words spoken that might be racism, he's a Chinese guy spitting on a Japanese fighter that he's easily beating.

I hope we never see Rong Zhu again - but they said on commentary he is a PI stand out, so we know how easily Dana will fold 🙄

He's already put money into this scumbag, so he's gonna let it go, unless the big guy wants to show he's a good person for once.
Agree here. People think racism/bigotry only exists in this country. Asian countries are definitely this way towards each other. But yeah, to make money if the fighter will bring in the chinese audience, he will definitely keep the guy.

What makes you think it's about race? He said absolutely nothing about the Japanese. And he treats other Chinese like shit too. Dude is a bully asshole, cut him.

Not only will Dana let it go but he will start to do his job and have the company promote him if he continues to be successful.

And when he's done fighting, he can be a commentator.

740316a5ef5a8c87-600x338.gif

He shouldn't have done that. That was the wrong thing to do.

Yes you can see spit on one of those on Fight Pass, I think it's the second round one. Herb then catches him in the third round.

He for sure spits directly at his opponent.
That sucks pretty hard. Not sure if you remember, but I was pretty aggravated with the Eblen/Edwards spit situation. If someone really does that, then I'm certainly in favor of stricter punishment than lighter. Such behaviour has no place in professional sports.

I know Dana is a weak man, but this is racism.

It's not just nasty words spoken that might be racism, he's a Chinese guy spitting on a Japanese fighter that he's easily beating.

I hope we never see Rong Zhu again - but they said on commentary he is a PI stand out, so we know how easily Dana will fold 🙄

He's already put money into this scumbag, so he's gonna let it go, unless the big guy wants to show he's a good person for once.
Earth to Siver, China and Japan fucking hate each other. Asians are all mostly racist as fuck

You reporting me is racism. I'm not the same race is you bro.
If he reported you based on the race you are that would be racism. If you are just an @$$ hole regardless of your race then it would not be racism. Not sure why racism is such a hard concept to grasp.

It should have been an automatic DQ the first time he spit and then immediate cut from the UFC roster.

Is this about the japan invading China or is this a personal vendetta?

I noticed places like shooto avoid putting japanese vs Koreans and Chinese as much as possible due to the bad history.

Anyways this is fighting. Let's feed him to a killer. Spitting is pretty unforgivable and done by some of the most irredeemable human beings on the planet specially if it's done over nothing. But fuck it, it's fighting. Let's keep it old school and have him get smashed in public.

Earth to Siver, China and Japan fucking hate each other. Asians are all mostly racist as fuck
Yeah, Earth to Siver, the things you're suggesting is well known and likely correct. Earth is checking in on you because of you being right about this. Please tell the Earth if you're okay.

The Chinese hate the Japanese for what happened in Nanking. Im not surprised at all.
England still hates Germany too, but if an English fighter randomly started spitting on his opponent just cuz he's German, there'd be a problem

My best friend a few years back was Chinese, and he said the 'mainland' Chinese always have beef with the city Chinese or something, I never even understood exactly, but it was funny how sometimes he'd walk past a Chinese guy and they'd mean mug eachother for no reason, like they could somehow tell which type of Chinese they are, and just hate each other by default lol

Man, I've heard of this, actually.

I used to watch a ton of chinese cinema growing up (no idea why. I'm not asian at all lol), and that sort of thing was shown from time to time. I remember looking into it and there were a lot of different dialects, accents, and visual factors that separated a lot of groups of Chinese, and that's how they identified each other.

Some of their dialects were so different that they couldn't even understand each other properly lol.

Lots of the dislike came from different social factors. A lot of city Chinese hated the country Chinese because they thought they were bums and made them look bad on the world stage lol.

Mainland Chinese had heaps of beef with Chinese from Hong Kong too.

I noticed places like shooto avoid putting japanese vs Koreans and Chinese as much as possible due to the bad history.

I love it when orgs have Korean vs Chinese. The UFC have done that a bit.

There's always a little extra effort and willingness to kill by the two fighters lol.

They are raised to hate the Japanese and thinking they are some sort or superior human branch. Just look the modern fictions, always the very same plot: super noble hero is beating up sneaky cowardly Japanese and beast huge westerns 3 times the size. The level of brainwashing is unreal

They are raised to hate the Japanese and thinking they are some sort or superior human branch. Just look the modern fictions, always the very same plot: super noble hero is beating up sneaky cowardly Japanese and beast huge westerns 3 times the size. The level of brainwashing is unreal

That makes sense but Wiki says this guy is Tibetan.

Tibet was taken over by the Han Chinese in the 20th Century and do not like them. So a Japanese beef doesn't make sense.

If anything, they are natural allies against CCP China.

Perhaps this guy is just a prick.

Is it racism? Or does it only have to do with national identity?

I've known some older Chinese who hate the Japanese because of atrocities committed by the Japanese against the Chinese like the Nanjing Massacre. Many Chinese martial arts movies portray the Japanese as evil villains (see Ip Man, for an example of this). It seems to me that this is like any Jew who hates Germans because of the holocaust. Is that racism? Germans aren't a race. They're a national identity, aren't they? Nonetheless, displays of such hate (by spitting) should have no place in the UFC.

Wasn’t a big part of what the Japanese did to the Chinese and Koreans about racial superiority and being the most “pure”. Although technically being “Asian” a hatred based on physical appearances also existed, it went beyond nationalism and xenophobic behavior (like Germany), Chinese and Korean are minority groups in Japan. They’re seen in the same regard as another race as an ethnic group. Japanese won’t consider a Chinese or Korean of many generations as a Japanese.

Last edited:
He should be put on ocatahon canvas cleaning duties, until further notice

Nah, it's got to have it's own thread.

Rong Zhu, a fighter who has 3 fights in the UFC and went 1-2 despite missing weight TWICE, was called out by Herb Dean in R3 of his fight with Shin Haraguchi for spitting on his opponent at least twice.

"Hey, stop spitting," Herb was heard saying.

Cut this garbage immediately. Spitting on someone isn't the same as calling someone a nasty name. This is pond scum behaviour from a failed UFC fighter with no discipline.

Yeah Dana should cut his ass. No room for that in MMA.

Back