Multiplatform BALDUR'S GATE III

Just finished my first playthrough, and holy shit that finale was tedious... even on the easiest difficulty and fully leveled.

The courtyard battle was fun, calling in reinforcements to aid you. My first attempt was a clusterfuck, but my second attempt was a well oiled machine and barely took any damage.

The narrow tower roads with the mortar fire was impossible. I made several attempts over two hours before I attempted it with just one character with flight and an invincibility spell. It was a hundred times easier. That was the tedious part.

The final battle was just like the courtyard... first attempt was a clusterfuck but second attempt was perfect. Enjoying the epilogue now.

Without question this is the most difficult 'easy' difficulty I've ever played.

I played as a Warlock.
Wyll was still a Warlock, mirroring my same level up decisions.
I changed Karlack to a fighter, and she eventually was my tank/mele damage dealer.
Shadowheart was a healer/clarich, and she did a great job keeping everyone alive.

The easiest difficulty doesn't allow for multi-classing, but I'm thinking my second playthrough will be like this -

*Main Character - Oathbreaker/Paladin Dark Urge. (Suggestions for female race?)
*Astarion - Monk (I hear they're extremely effective)
Not sure if I'm going to multi-class them. I'm open to suggestions.
*Lae'zel - Warlock/Paladin
Shadowheart - A more structured Healer. I pretty much winged it with her on my 1st playthrough.

Anyone else have trouble with the tower/mortar area?

Yea that level was very hard. I beat it on the hardest difficulty. I also had no idea how to call in reinforcements. Either it wasn't an option or I completely missed it.

Used invisibility to quickly get through the next area without being seen and get to the boss with no fights. The final boss was easy once I realized I had a spell with Wyll that was doing like 75 hit points of damage.

While I enjoyed the hardest difficulty I wont be doing it again. Will be going normal or maybe even easy on my dark urge play through. I want to feel OP really.

Got a question about the final part of Act 1.

After saving the Emerald Grove you're given the choice to travel to the towers using the 'underdark' or 'mountain path.'

Can you do both? Because I've seen guides for great loot on both choices. On my 1st playthrough I took the mountains but missed alot of great loot.

Got a question about the final part of Act 1.

After saving the Emerald Grove you're given the choice to travel to the towers using the 'underdark' or 'mountain path.'

Can you do both? Because I've seen guides for great loot on both choices. On my 1st playthrough I took the mountains but missed alot of great loot.

I'm pretty sure you can. I know you can at least do the underdark first then go back and do the mountain path. Not sure about the other way around.

I'm pretty sure you can. I know you can at least do the underdark first then go back and do the mountain path. Not sure about the other way around.

1st playthrough I didn't encounter the underdark, or I completely missed the entranceway to it from the mountain path.

Just began the underdark and got to the peaceful mindflayer asking me to go find some mushrooms. Figured that was a good time to take a break playing.

On the map there's an marker to go to the Gythyankie temple, which I remember is on the mountain path, so I guess that's a way to get to it from the underdark.

1st playthrough I didn't encounter the underdark, or I completely missed the entranceway to it from the mountain path.

Just began the underdark and got to the peaceful mindflayer asking me to go find some mushrooms. Figured that was a good time to take a break playing.

On the map there's an marker to go to the Gythyankie temple, which I remember is on the mountain path, so I guess that's a way to get to it from the underdark.

If I remember correctly the underdark and mountain path both take you to the act 2 section but you end up on different sides of the Act 2 map depending on which way you went.

Finished the Underdark and finishing up the Githyankie temple now.

30 hours in and haven't even started Act 2.
My first playthrough topped out in about 70 hours, and I didn't 100% Act1. Act 2 I didn't explore or do any sidequests whatsoever. Act 3 I did.... 70% of everything I'd estimate.
30 hours into my first playthrough I was finishing up Act 2.

I'm currently halfway from Lvl6 to Lvl7, and in my first playthrough I got up to Lvl5 halfway through Act 2. Loosely following a guide to be sure I'm finding all the tricky areas that are tough to find after exploring them once.

II had heard of 'Adamantine Forge' a few times but I had no idea where it was in the game. I was looking for what I thought was going to be a blacksmith.... and it wasn't.

Long story short - That was an amazing side-quest, boss, and the loot was incredible.
I did look up what the stats & perks were for all of the options for the 2 Adamantine pieces you could forge.... and there was absolutely no doubt what was the best piece, which I made two of...

Adamantine-Splint-Armour-Baldurs-Gate-3.jpg

Everything else was either absolute crap (shield) or nearly as good as the heavy armor, but not quite... and that was the medium armor - and 3 of my 4 characters wear heavy armor.

The Long Sword may have been tempting if I knew exactly how high its 100% crit-damage was.

Last edited:
Anyone figured out how to do a bomb bag on consoles? On PC they're a great way to nuke bosses, and I'm close to the Act2 final boss and I won't have Nightsong to assist me.

On PC, its easy like this -

But on consoles, I haven't figured out how to put bombs in a backpack (which I have many).

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone figured out how to do a bomb bag on consoles? On PC they're a great way to nuke bosses, and I'm close to the Act2 final boss and I won't have Nightsong to assist me.

On PC, its easy like this -

But on consoles, I haven't figured out how to put bombs in a backpack (which I have many).

Any help would be appreciated.

Open your inventory click open bag on backpack/pouch once the backpack is open press R1 ( on ps5 will open your inventory, unsure on Xbox) dump rune powder and barrels till full and close bag

I’d grab Withers first. He’s located NE of the starting beach and east of Emerald Grove (tiefling and Druid town) that should give you at least one level. After I would go to Blighted Village , it’s a mini goblin village. You can either talk or fight your way through. I suggest talking your way in and explore everything in the Blighted Village. There are Ogres in the third house on the right with the correct dialogue choices you can recruit them either with gold or with meat.

You can also cap those ogres for a sweet int circlet.

Just finished my first playthrough, and holy shit that finale was tedious... even on the easiest difficulty and fully leveled.

The courtyard battle was fun, calling in reinforcements to aid you. My first attempt was a clusterfuck, but my second attempt was a well oiled machine and barely took any damage.

The narrow tower roads with the mortar fire was impossible. I made several attempts over two hours before I attempted it with just one character with flight and an invincibility spell. It was a hundred times easier. That was the tedious part.

The final battle was just like the courtyard... first attempt was a clusterfuck but second attempt was perfect. Enjoying the epilogue now.

Without question this is the most difficult 'easy' difficulty I've ever played.

I played as a Warlock.
Wyll was still a Warlock, mirroring my same level up decisions.
I changed Karlack to a fighter, and she eventually was my tank/mele damage dealer.
Shadowheart was a healer/clarich, and she did a great job keeping everyone alive.

The easiest difficulty doesn't allow for multi-classing, but I'm thinking my second playthrough will be like this -

*Main Character - Oathbreaker/Paladin Dark Urge. (Suggestions for female race?)
*Astarion - Monk (I hear they're extremely effective)
Not sure if I'm going to multi-class them. I'm open to suggestions.
*Lae'zel - Warlock/Paladin
Shadowheart - A more structured Healer. I pretty much winged it with her on my 1st playthrough.

Drow.

Changes a lot of dialogue with act 1. Goblins will salute you instead of attacking.

If you make Astarion a tavern brawler monk, ascend him.

(bring him to the fight against his maker but make him hide out of line of sight of the vampire. Use a paladin to cast daylight on the boss and mop the floor with the other 3/4 of your party)

He'll be a powerhouse late game. Give him the gloves from killing raphael and he'll be an unarmed monster.

Laezel does well as fighter or vengeance paladin. You can force the gith with the red dragon to drop his sword in act 1 using a spell. Command? Wyll had it. Save scum and keep using it on the guy until he drops his sword. Then go in and win the fight and pick it up. It'll last Laezel or another gith through endgame.

Played a male drow in my 1st playthrough.
Playing a female Tifling on my 2nd.

If you make Astarion a tavern brawler monk, ascend him.

Yup, he's my monk, and ascending him is high up on my priority list. I pursued a relationship with my character and after I had him suck the blood of the tiefling at the Act2 Towers to get a strength potion... and he broke up with me saying 'I'm tired of being used.'

Just had Shadowheart kill Nightsong, and she gets a new weapon & armor from that.

(bring him to the fight against his maker but make him hide out of line of sight of the vampire. Use a paladin to cast daylight on the boss and mop the floor with the other 3/4 of your party)

He'll be a powerhouse late game. Give him the gloves from killing raphael and he'll be an unarmed monster.
Currently all my characters have only 8 Strength, and I use potions to bring it up to 21, but I have to use them after every long rest.

But yeah, I'm greatly looking forward to giving him those gloves.

Laezel does well as fighter or vengeance paladin.

Already have 2 Oathbreaker Paladins in my party. <lmao>

You can force the gith with the red dragon to drop his sword in act 1 using a spell. Command? Wyll had it. Save scum and keep using it on the guy until he drops his sword. Then go in and win the fight and pick it up. It'll last Laezel or another gith through endgame.

Wouldn't be surprising if thats been patched.
I tried the trick to get Raphael's helldusk armour in Act 1 by attacking him with non-lethal attacks at your camp, and he's supposed to not fight back.... and he now fights back, and party members at your camp fight eachother.

Started playing this again this weekend. Started Dark urge playthrough. Just doing a balanced run and it's insane how much easier it is to get through the game. Fights end quickly and easily.

BTW, I got one better - There's Strength potions that bring it up to 28 until Long Rest.

My Asterion/Monk/Rogue build is doing absurd damage now, even without the gloves.

BTW, I got one better - There's Strength potions that bring it up to 28 until Long Rest.

My Asterion/Monk/Rogue build is doing absurd damage now, even without the gloves.

Not the strength gloves. Saving Hope from Raphael gives a glove that adds 1d10 damage to unarmed attacks. You couple that with damage Astarion gets from ascending and have him specced into a tavern brawler open hand monk/rogue and he'll be destroying everything.

Open your inventory click open bag on backpack/pouch once the backpack is open press R1 ( on ps5 will open your inventory, unsure on Xbox) dump rune powder and barrels till full and close bag

Thank you so much for this, because I basically bombed the Final Act 2 boss & Act 3 City Mech Factory boss with 1 shot. So very satisfying.

Each of my party members have backpacks of 5, 10, 15, or 20 bombs in them just in case. Each of them having 21 or 27 strength makes carrying around lots of weight very easy.

In my 1st Playthrough in Act 3, I basically treated Gortash as an ally since he was being honest about his intentions... and the finale with him is pretty unsatisfying. After the first encounter with the Absolute he runs off never to he seen or mentioned of again, even after the city... that he's king of... is basically destroyed and needs to be rebuilt.

So in my 2nd playthrough the first things I've done was the 'Iron Throne'... and I just happen to run into it while exploring and it was a very interesting mission that I partially succeeded. I rescued Wyll's father, but Wyll is effectively dead so there's no reunion, and Wyll's father didn't help with the assault on the castle and killing Gortash... and he has no new dialog after killing Gortash, so I'm wondering what was the point of saving him anyway.

But after killing Gortash there was a huge highpoint of the entire game, in both playthroughs so far... Karlach's outpouring of emotion was one of the absolute best scenes in any game in a very very long while. There's been alot of criticism about her character being 'undercooked' due to being the last added and the fewest variations to her endings... but they knocked that scene out of the park in the wariting, VO, and facial animations. Bravo to Larian.

Looking forward to playing more very soon, and really enjoying the other sidequest storylines I'm either doing with the alternate choices.

Already considering what I'm going to do in my 3rd playthrough.

Thank you so much for this, because I basically bombed the Final Act 2 boss & Act 3 City Mech Factory boss with 1 shot. So very satisfying.

Each of my party members have backpacks of 5, 10, 15, or 20 bombs in them just in case. Each of them having 21 or 27 strength makes carrying around lots of weight very easy.

In my 1st Playthrough in Act 3, I basically treated Gortash as an ally since he was being honest about his intentions... and the finale with him is pretty unsatisfying. After the first encounter with the Absolute he runs off never to he seen or mentioned of again, even after the city... that he's king of... is basically destroyed and needs to be rebuilt.

So in my 2nd playthrough the first things I've done was the 'Iron Throne'... and I just happen to run into it while exploring and it was a very interesting mission that I partially succeeded. I rescued Wyll's father, but Wyll is effectively dead so there's no reunion, and Wyll's father didn't help with the assault on the castle and killing Gortash... and he has no new dialog after killing Gortash, so I'm wondering what was the point of saving him anyway.

But after killing Gortash there was a huge highpoint of the entire game, in both playthroughs so far... Karlach's outpouring of emotion was one of the absolute best scenes in any game in a very very long while. There's been alot of criticism about her character being 'undercooked' due to being the last added and the fewest variations to her endings... but they knocked that scene out of the park in the wariting, VO, and facial animations. Bravo to Larian.

Looking forward to playing more very soon, and really enjoying the other sidequest storylines I'm either doing with the alternate choices.

Already considering what I'm going to do in my 3rd playthrough.
I love this game. Larian put their heart and soul into the game and you can tell. With the added more fleshed out endings you can get based on decisions is phenomenal .

All my PT have been different classes only classes I haven’t had as a tav are Druid and paladin.

Makes me sad Larians not making BG4 , but I’m excited for their own IP’s they’ll be making.

Hasbro and WoTC are doing some moves that are questionable and all the layoffs they just had was a reason Larian wants to move on

Last edited:
Back