Opinion Would Kadyrov turn on Russia if leadership were significantly weak?

Nameless King

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I got some mad feeling he's a weasel waiting for opportunity.

He's kissing Putins a$$ wherever he goes. No surprise there, Grozny looks like Vegas while surrounding Russian villages still remember Lenins rule.

I would imagine there is less and less money in his pocket lately as a result of recent and past events.

Makes one wonder

I got some mad feeling he's a weasel waiting for opportunity.

He's kissing Putins a$$ wherever he goes. No surprise there, Grozny looks like Vegas while surrounding Russian villages still remember Lenins rule.

I would imagine there is less and less money in his pocket lately as a result of recent and past events.

Makes one wonder

your joking right? hes absolutely terrified of putin..

he'd be helped to the nearest window..

Hes a dead man without putin

You think chechens would follow man whos dad is a traitor to chechen people and sold his own people out to russians during war?

Not to mention even if this scenario happened kadyrov lacks intelligence and courage to pull any type of real resistance

Hes not dudaev who actually was intelligent (ruthless but intelligent)

I feel like Putin's existence is why he's checen's leader to begin with, if anything he would be afraid of Putin's hypothetic fall

If was'nt for population knowing well how brutal Putin can be, not sure how long would last a russian-friendly figure considering Chechnya-Russia past

MAYBE and that's big maybe he would consider betray Putin only if he's 101% sure he's losing/falling hard (and VERY busy fighting many other enemies), only to pretend with his own people he never liked him and took first chance to free Chechnya from russian rule

But tbh really doubt people would buy that bullshit so i find far more likely if he see Putin crumbling will leave Chechnya

I think he probably would have at one point, but he got the full STFU treatment from Putin after mouthing it off for months at the start of the Ukraine invasion and has barely said or done anything since then, to the point I thought he was dead.

That said, the next guy in line might well be waiting for Kadyrov to die and might well challenge Putin if the cards happen fall suitably.

I don't think for a second Chechnya will be anything other than a problem for Russia going forward. They aren't even remotely aligned.

Putin had to hold the table because Kadyrov was shaking so bad, but yeah, he'll turn on Putin...

Nah he takes too much welfare from them.

Chechnya has a population of 1.5 million. Russia is more militarized than ever before in it's history post communism. Another Chechen revolt is not on the table.

Hes a dead man without putin

You think chechens would follow man whos dad is a traitor to chechen people and sold his own people out to russians during war?

Not to mention even if this scenario happened kadyrov lacks intelligence and courage to pull any type of real resistance

Hes not dudaev who actually was intelligent (ruthless but intelligent)
- I didnt knew that. Can you explain?

- I didnt knew that. Can you explain?

Sure

Ahkmat kadyrov switched sides during second chechen war to Russia because there were a lot of islamic foreign fighters in country and their version of islam was wrong in ahkmats opinion (or so i heard) plus there was risk of turning chechnya into hub of international terrorism.

After war he got job as president and started hunting separatists and anyone who wanted independence.On his speech in year 2000 he promised to destroy separatists.

He got assasinated in 2004 after dozen attempts, thats how popular he was.He got awarded hero of russia award after he died as well

Sure

Ahkmat kadyrov switched sides during second chechen war to Russia because there were a lot of islamic foreign fighters in country and their version of islam was wrong in ahkmats opinion (or so i heard) plus there was risk of turning chechnya into hub of international terrorism.

After war he got job as president and started hunting separatists and anyone who wanted independence.On his speech in year 2000 he promised to destroy separatists.

He got assasinated in 2004 after dozen attempts, thats how popular he was.He got awarded hero of russia award after he died as well
- I will search that. Thank you. Looks like he had a good reason, but administred wrong?

- I will search that. Thank you. Looks like he had a good reason, but administred wrong?
I recommend A Small Corner of Hell: Dispatches from Chechnya by Anna Politkovskaya. She was very, very brave. Spent a lot of time in Chechnya and with the Chechen people during the 2nd war. She did not have nice things to say about either Akhmad or Ramzan Kadyrov... or Putin. I also remember her writing that in all her time there she never met a single Chechen who actually respected Akhmad.

She was eventually assassinated in 2006, on Putin's birthday. There is some speculation that it was Ramzan's birthday gift to Putin.

Well depends whats considered good reason, he was critical of wahhabism that many foreign fighters adhered.

Basically i think he wanted dudaevs independent chechnya and when this another version of islam started to become a thing he sold everyone to russia becoming a traitor.

But who knows, maybe he just saw possibility to become number 1 under russia

I recommend A Small Corner of Hell: Dispatches from Chechnya by Anna Politkovskaya. She was very, very brave. Spent a lot of time in Chechnya and with the Chechen people during the 2nd war. She did not have nice things to say about either Akhmad or Ramzan Kadyrov... or Putin. I also remember her writing that in all her time there she never met a single Chechen who actually respected Akhmad.

She was eventually assassinated in 2006, on Putin's birthday. There is some speculation that it was Ramzan's birthday gift to Putin.
- Thank you for the book recomendation!
It's scary how pwerfull those guys are.

Back