WMMA Discussion #29

what an absolutely bumper crop of women's fights this weekend - heaps of ufc/invicta alum across the board, we get to see val's goddaughter anelya toktogonova, heck even gabi garcia has a "fight"! feeling blessed :D

ufc picks this week:
- i really like vanessa but i feel like she's still building her game, while emily is a more established striker. ducote UD
- ariane carnelossi is back, yay! she didn't fight in 2023 and i wondered if she'd been cut. ariane has fought and beaten better competition than piera so i'll go with ariane. both fighters are aggressive so am expecting a fun fight (pls). carnelossi UD or club n' sub
- tamires is promising for wbw but i don't think she'll trouble melissa. gatto UD
- who gets wheel kicked by amanda ribas and thinks they can beat angela hill? get outta here! angie UD
Oh yeah! All four UFC fights are competitive this week. I picked Ducote, Rodriguez, Gatto and Hill. Enjoy the fights. If you're around, see you in the PbP discussion thread.

This account is compiling a list of confirmed fighters for DWCS this year

This thread is a good resource

Road to UFC weigh in results:
Strawweight: Feng Xiaocan (116 lbs) vs. Kiran Singh (110 lbs)

Strawweight: Miki Motono (115 lbs) vs. Huang Feier (116.7 lbs)- As a results of Huang Feier missing weight, her fight with Miki Motono has been cancelled. Miki Motono advances to the Road to UFC semi-finals.

Strawweight: Shi Ming (115.5 lbs) vs. Seo Ye Dam (115.5 lbs)

Strawweight: Dong Huaxiang (115.5 lbs) vs. Priya Sharma (116 lbs)

Sucks about Feier, but at least I don’t have to watch either her or Motono lose to the other.

Sucks about Feier, but at least I don’t have to watch either her or Motono lose to the other.

When I saw Feier's promo vid I thought she looked way more muscular than before, maybe she overdid the Weight Gain 4000 in anticipation of entering the UFC (or maybe it was just the angles bro). Agreed it sucks though (she's cute) (which is of course the most important skill I look for in a new fighter)

Whatever happened to Invicta? I haven't heard about any events from them in a long time. They used to pop up on Axs TV every couple of months.

Ducote via me being hopeful. Always liked her.
Pinheiro via Dec.
Gatto via dec and being in better physical condition as a general rule.
Carnelossi via being stronger.

Back