Television Who's your top 5 favorite Transformers characters & GI. Joe characters?

Got it. Sounds like you liked him more based on the toys than the cartoon. I rarely got the toys either but I did watch the cartoon at home whenever it was on. Beach Head was the de facto drill sergeant tough guy before SGT Slaughter came along and canonically was 4th in command of the Joes behind Hawk, Duke and Flint. And yeah, I didn't care much for Duke either, as he was one of the generic apple pie guys that was forced on us.

The Navy SEAL guy was Wet Suit, who had a rivalry with Leatherneck, the Marine. Mainframe the IT guy actually got a lot of screen time and had several episodes focused on him. Canonically he was the oldest Joe, divorced with kids and on the cartoon had a good guy/bad guy romance with Zarana, Zartan's sister.
Wow! Thank you for the knowledge! I didn't know they had such elaborate backstories and were so interconnected. Sounds like Mainframe was bigger than I thought. Ahh yes, Wet Suit, makes much more sense.

Wow! Thank you for the knowledge! I didn't know they had such elaborate backstories and were so interconnected. Sounds like Mainframe was bigger than I thought. Ahh yes, Wet Suit, makes much more sense.

Here's the episode where Mainframe starts the romance with Zarana. The writing and character development on GI Joe was pretty great all around and you could pick any character and he'd have a decent backstory and set of personal issues built out in the cartoon. This one also features Beach Head:

Last edited:
Hmmmm.

Transformers:
Optimus Prime.
Fortress Maximus (awesome toy, didn't get much love or accuracy in stories).
Starscream.
Grimlock.
Difficult to pick a final one. Sludge, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Skyfire/Jetfire, Wheeljack, etc.

G.I. Joe:
Duke.
Beachead.
Shockwave.
Snake-Eyes.
Cobra Commander.
Several more I loved as toys but weren't in the show much at all.

Hmmmm.

Transformers:
Optimus Prime.
Fortress Maximus (awesome toy, didn't get much love or accuracy in stories).
Starscream.
Grimlock.
Difficult to pick a final one. Sludge, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Skyfire/Jetfire, Wheeljack, etc.

G.I. Joe:
Duke.
Beachead.
Shockwave.
Snake-Eyes.
Cobra Commander.
Several more I loved as toys but weren't in the show much at all.

Thanks for that list.

Basically all the autobots are gay and weak apart from the dinobots.

Based on the Cartoons.

Transformers
Optimus Prime
Starscream
Unicron
Ultra Magnus
Bumble Bee

GI. Joe
Snake Eyes
Nemesis Enforcer
Sgt. Slaughter
Duke
Storm Shadow
My favorite is the mid-level Pentagon employee that convinced Uncle Sam to subsidize these programs

Too bad we couldn't have prime Jennifer Connelly as Bikini Baroness in live action movie.

Back