Media What did you make of the backflip that landed a shin to Potieras chin?

Several head clashes weren't called last evening either. Damage was obvious but not necessarily the cause till review. None were apparently intentional.

There will never be perfect way to do things. Also the eyes see what they see and we well know everyone does not notice the same details.

It was a cool moment. Unfortunate if it influenced the outcome but basically we have to accept gray areas and inconsistency.

<WhatItIs>

It's hard to say from that angle if it hit the chin, but if it did, the roolz seem pretty clear that it's a foul. . Whether intentional or not makes no difference. I'd assume the Jedi Council will be reviewing this & possibly over-turn the decision.

If it hit the throat then that's okay, as the rools read that a strike can be legal if it appears to be without intention.

Loved it. It's an innovative way of passing guard and a demonstration of athleticism in martial arts.

I think most of the impact was to the chest/shoulder and only minor incidental impact to the head. I train bjj and while striking is illegal, sometimes you get whacked with an elbow or knee when scrambling for a guard pass or takedown or whatever, same thing here but striking is mostly legal in MMA

That said, he should stop doing it cause it could result in a head stomp DQ

Did you notice it in real time?

I'm not sure I did. Dude was already rocked from the left he ate that dropped him and that sequence happened fast and the sub came immediately after.

What if he broke up the action, stopped a legit sub and the replay showed the shin didn't hit the head?

That's a TOUGH call in real time.
Can't jump body first into guys like that and be suprised if you stomp them

I was doing something else and only heard fight was stopped, i see the opponent on the ground and all i see is replays of the backflip...in my mind the guy is MILKING the F out of it, but thankfully it was a submission...Now, about that move, it didnt really land on the opponent's face imo, so its all good, but it could had been at least paused, when he did it against Niko Price it did land on his face but shit ref did nothing, Pereira needs to drop that move, it will get him DQ'd eventually.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

GIF by @KazDibiase
Its illegal, period.
Its kicking a downed opponent in the head.
Since im a proponent of soccer kicks and kicking a downed opponent I can't really complain, but it is in fact illegal by the current rules.

I was doing something else and only heard fight was stopped, i see the opponent on the ground and all i see is replays of the backflip...in my mind the guy is MILKING the F out of it, but thankfully it was a submission...Now, about that move, it didnt really land on the opponent's face imo, so its all good, but it could had been at least paused, when he did it against Niko Price it did land on his face but shit ref did nothing, Pereira needs to drop that move, it will get him DQ'd eventually.
It hits him in the neck/side of head which is still illegal tbh sir.

Illegal but cool…im all for knees/soccer kicks coming back.

It also wouldn’t have mattered if they DQ’d or No contested this was supposed to be a squash match and Michel squashed him. He have been booked as if he won similar to when Jones got DQ’d against Hamill

Hit more of the shoulder than anything. It's a dumb rule anyway.

Meh. It might have been illegal, but if he got a warning for it, the fight just end slightly later in that round.

Pereira is ready for some top 10 guys.

Seems like it grazed the neck before Pereira fell into position. Either way it’s a big nothing burger, the other angle showed it had minimal impact.

Back