Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Describe it
damn-damn-damn-damn.gif

Describe it

leg went sideways at the knee like a swastika

in any case, i can't help but thinking the weight cut didn't help. complete bullshit for heavyweight professional fighters to have to cut to 265

Damn, that was brutal. Definitely the worst leg break I've seen.

such a bad feeling after an injury. doesn't matter how big and strong you are; injuries happen fast and you feel so weak and helpless afterwards. that hits harder than the pain

That's why I stopped grappling completely and only train striking. I broke my arm in BJJ 3 months ago and it made me realize that :

Grappling is way way way worse for your body.

Striking you only have some breaker nose or orbitals at worse. Maybe teeth. But grappling you can destroy your joints beyond repair. No thanks I'll pass

Way way worse. In Weidman case it was just the tibia and what's around it. In this one his knee is shattered. Like shattered. He needs the best ever surgeons and physiotherapists ever if he wants to walk again in 2 or 3 years
Jesus. That's terrible. I feel for the guy. I couldnt get the sound of the shotgun blast that was Chris Weidman's leg breaking out of my head for weeks, so I'ma go ahead and skip this one!

Crazy how Mukhomad didn't back off. I guess he was in the moment or some shit. That break is fucking nasty

Back